Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• Options
    Our squad is paper thin, with Foley and Johnson being major players left...in the prime of their career's too.
    Oh how lucky we are they learned from their mistakes.
  • Options
    I've never been a big THD fan, too little defending for me. But I had always seen him as a real good prospect for in 2/3 years as a championship player and maybe even more if he kicked on.

Shame if he leaves.
  • Options
    Not happy with this if goes ahead . We are shipping players out at an alarming rate at present, and no rumours of any replacements. Learning from our mistakes my arse .
  • Options
    Joke shop.
  • Options
    I guess the udders Scout was at the U23 Game yesterday When THD was superb as an attacking Full back with two great assists.
    Why Isn't THD CAFC LB ?

I have never slagged Fox off in my life but THD deserved the shirt.
    sure he was silly with the two cards in that game last season but he was good even at RB when he had a cracking game.

Factory farm Rules OK.
  • Options
    We sell potential like THD to shitey teams like Hudds and we get in the likes of Foley who are here for a payday? Not to mention Rog.... Christ.
  • Options
    Bit of a blow losing a backup LB but it's hardly the most damaging outgoing this season. THD has looked promising when I've seen him.
  • Options
    Even Ketts says THD has been on the periphery, so hardly a major player.

However, I still wanted him to stay. It's possible he'll move to the same area as last season when he was on loan at Oldham, as it's not that far from Hudds.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shall we see who we sign before going apeshit?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Does Tarieq want to be at the club?

Wasnt it someone on here who got a very frosty reception when asked about Charlton whilst on loan at Oldham and everyone was reading it as though THD would want to leave this summer

Don't be so silly FA, why on earth would anyone want to leave our beloved club, you know it's all Meire's fault!
    Squirrel face has no credibility left with this football club, apart from apologists like you.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Does Tarieq want to be at the club?

Wasnt it someone on here who got a very frosty reception when asked about Charlton whilst on loan at Oldham and everyone was reading it as though THD would want to leave this summer

Don't be so silly FA, why on earth would anyone want to leave our beloved club, you know it's all Meire's fault!
    Squirrel face has no credibility left with this football club, apart from apologists like you.
    Oi leave my mate al alone at least he knows where the bar is
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You've got till tomorrow morning
  • Options
    There's a difference between apologism and critical detachment (from the squad-building process; there's still partisan support on matchdays) - Meire is clearly no Daniel Levy and she's fobbed off the fans in several extremely cack-handed ways but we shouldn't greet every outgoing with a chorus of loathing and despair.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

More shit like Johnson I would imagine.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

shirty5 said:

If he goes would this be classified as "a major departure?"

I'd say no.
    Does not the fact the he would (will) be moving to a club in a higher division make nonsense of that? Slade has someone like Foley playing out of position on a five-month deal but we sell one of our better prospects because we can - and because that is the only interest these tossers have in running the club.
    I'm not pleased he's going & I hate the regime, but THD is not one of our major players.

If you asked the fans to name our top 11 major players, it's unlikely THD would feature highly.
    As far as I'm aware Ezri Konsa isn't one of our major players either, but he's started the last three games. On that basis, would it be OK to sell him too? After all, they might get an offer.

You need a squad to compete in any division and Holmes-Dennis is just the sort of young player who can progress and make a difference that the Foleys of this world never will at this stage in their career. More to the point, if these idiots have made any proposition to supporters it is that they will promote young players for fans to enjoy watching while they develop. How does that work if they only start five games before they are sold?

I don't think you are reading what I have said.

Slade said something like "we should have no more major departures" and it appeared that Slade was to be criticised for "lying".

So I said THD wouldn't be a major departure and I stand by that.

I wouldn't have said Konsa was a major player, until the start of the season, but as he has for the time being cemented a first team slot (unlike THD), then I would now say, yes Konsa is.

At no point did I say it was ok to sell THD and I don't think we should sell him.
    I think you've misread what I've said. I would like him to stay & RD to go.
    My comment was not aimed at Slade but at KM as I think he has been lied too by her
    On many occasions no doubt.
  • Options
    Dr Kish saying THD will sign a three year deal with Huddersfield tomorrow.
  • Options
    Well, you've clearly not made your mind up yet. What if it's Dack? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

Well, you've clearly not made your mind up yet. What if it's Dack? ;)

What daffy
  • Options
    THD will presumably leave for an undisclosed fee, move to Huddersfield and sit on the bench or in U23 for a while and then realise Huddersfield is a pretty (but) ordinary place to be.

I wish him well should he leave, I hope we get more players in to cover and to be more reliable cover as well.
  • Options
    don't worry folks, we will be stuck with Rojo whilst Tex, Bauer and Lookman all wave goodbye to The Valley before the end of August. But not to worry, there will be plenty of out of contract players knocking around in September desperate for a Club and most will have lenghthly injury records so perfect for us. Happy Days.
  • Options
    Richard Cawley is today reporting the agents of Tex & Ba have been hawking the players around the leagues, so far without success. Tex has a contract until 2020 I believe! Seems to me we cant move Tex on because he's on to big a contract.

It all adds extra pressure on the regime to generate more funds.
  • Options
    Who is going to buy Ba?

Tex is a good basic defender at championship level but if he was your best defensive option you'd probably be toward the bottom rather than at the top. He should be good for 4 years but it's a big commitment.
  • Options

Richard Cawley is today reporting the agents of Tex & Ba have been hawking the players around the leagues, so far without success. Tex has a contract until 2020 I believe! Seems to me we cant move Tex on because he's on to big a contract.

It all adds extra pressure on the regime to generate more funds.

All caused by their own mistakes. Better to stretch the budget a bit more this season to get promoted than try and get by with a few gaps in the squad hoping it'll be enough.