Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Huddersfield Agreed Deal for THD? CONFIRMED - UNDISCLOSED FEE (pg 8)

Comments

• edited August 2016

shirty5 said:

If he goes would this be classified as "a major departure?"

I'd say no.
    Does not the fact the he would (will) be moving to a club in a higher division make nonsense of that? Slade has someone like Foley playing out of position on a five-month deal but we sell one of our better prospects because we can - and because that is the only interest these tossers have in running the club.
    I'm not pleased he's going & I hate the regime, but THD is not one of our major players.

If you asked the fans to name our top 11 major players, it's unlikely THD would feature highly.
    As far as I'm aware Ezri Konsa isn't one of our major players either, but he's started the last three games. On that basis, would it be OK to sell him too? After all, they might get an offer.

You need a squad to compete in any division and Holmes-Dennis is just the sort of young player who can progress and make a difference that the Foleys of this world never will at this stage in their career. More to the point, if these idiots have made any proposition to supporters it is that they will promote young players for fans to enjoy watching while they develop. How does that work if they only start five games before they are sold?

I don't think you are reading what I have said.

Slade said something like "we should have no more major departures" and it appeared that Slade was to be criticised for "lying".

So I said THD wouldn't be a major departure and I stand by that.

I wouldn't have said Konsa was a major player, until the start of the season, but as he has for the time being cemented a first team slot (unlike THD), then I would now say, yes Konsa is.

At no point did I say it was ok to sell THD and I don't think we should sell him.
    I think you've misread what I've said. I would like him to stay & RD to go.
  • Essex_Al said:

Does Tarieq want to be at the club?

Wasnt it someone on here who got a very frosty reception when asked about Charlton whilst on loan at Oldham and everyone was reading it as though THD would want to leave this summer

Don't be so silly FA, why on earth would anyone want to leave our beloved club, you know it's all Meire's fault!
    And why would a young player, part of the senior squad of the club he started his career at want to leave? Couldn't possibly be anything to do with how the club is run, could it?
    Oh hello, I wondered when my stalker would turn up, alright Mandy?

As it happens, I like THD and want him to stay, my point is that no one on here knows his motivation for leaving, as usual its all assumption.

Maybe he wants regular football and Udders are offering it!

Maybe the regime need wages off the payroll to fund a midfielder!

Maybe Slade doesn't fancy him!

Maybe Slade thinks we've enough defenders to cover his departure!

Maybe he's a member of CARD and hates the regime!

Maybe Udders are offering him a better deal than we can!

Lots of maybe's there Mandy, as I said, until we hear it from the horses mouth, neither you or I know the truth, but lets not let that get in the way of a good old conspiracy eh!
  • Any decent offer for our squad players and they will be off - a big deficit hole to fill.
    Yes THD was a fine prospect but the way Feeney took him to the cleaners bothered me.
  • kafka said:

dickplumb said:

I am really pissed of with this. THD is an extremely promising player. We are nothing but a player farm.

https://youtu.be/5tIVCaZfF5s?t=21m

EDIT: Can't get the cut clip option to work so I'll transcribe it.

"My proposition would be a unique kind of football fan experience and hopefully see the next stars of the premier league which we will have play for charlton for the first team and then sell on to the premier league"
    we all know where she can stick her unique proposition.
    Unique meaning weird
  • Hopefully bollocks, regardless of LB cover i'd of thought at left mid he has a lot to offer this season
  • shirty5 said:

I'd say no.
    Does not the fact the he would (will) be moving to a club in a higher division make nonsense of that? Slade has someone like Foley playing out of position on a five-month deal but we sell one of our better prospects because we can - and because that is the only interest these tossers have in running the club.
    I'm not pleased he's going & I hate the regime, but THD is not one of our major players.

If you asked the fans to name our top 11 major players, it's unlikely THD would feature highly.
    As far as I'm aware Ezri Konsa isn't one of our major players either, but he's started the last three games. On that basis, would it be OK to sell him too? After all, they might get an offer.

You need a squad to compete in any division and Holmes-Dennis is just the sort of young player who can progress and make a difference that the Foleys of this world never will at this stage in their career. More to the point, if these idiots have made any proposition to supporters it is that they will promote young players for fans to enjoy watching while they develop. How does that work if they only start five games before they are sold?

Slade said something like "we should have no more major departures" and it appeared that Slade was to be criticised for "lying", So I said THD wouldn't be a major departure and I stand by that.

I wouldn't have said Konsa was a major player, until the start of the season, but as he has for the time being cemented a first team slot (unlike) THD, then I would now say, yes Konsa is.

At no point did I say it was ok to sell THD and I don't think we should sell hi. I think you've misread what I've said. I would like him to stay & RD to go.
    Understood. I'm not criticising Slade neither do I believe he is in control of this situation. So he couldn't be lying whatever he said. I think if she gets an offer for anyone they will go because the regime are only, ever and always about selling players. Anything else is window dressing. And anyone, including Slade, who chooses to believe otherwise is fooling themselves.
    Agreed.
  • Asset stripping.
  • shirty5 said:

I'd say no.

Slade said something like "we should have no more major departures" and it appeared that Slade was to be criticised for "lying".

I wouldn't have said Konsa was a major player, until the start of the season, but as he has for the time being cemented a first team slot (unlike THD), then I would now say, yes Konsa is.

At no point did I say it was ok to sell THD and I don't think we should sell him.
    My comment was not aimed at Slade but at KM as I think he has been lied too by her
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Wasnt it someone on here who got a very frosty reception when asked about Charlton whilst on loan at Oldham and everyone was reading it as though THD would want to leave this summer

Don't be so silly FA, why on earth would anyone want to leave our beloved club, you know it's all Meire's fault!
    And why would a young player, part of the senior squad of the club he started his career at want to leave? Couldn't possibly be anything to do with how the club is run, could it?

As it happens, I like THD and want him to stay, my point is that no one on here knows his motivation for leaving, as usual its all assumption.

Lots of maybe's there Mandy, as I said, until we hear it from the horses mouth, neither you or I know the truth, but lets not let that get in the way of a good old conspiracy eh!
    They signed an older left back in the summer and loaned out another. He'll be going there to be a squad player.

That would be an excuse, we need cover in all positions.

Doubt that's the case.

No, as it leaves us with one senior left back.

Probably doesn't like them, probably the case for a lot of players. Don't have to accept offers though.

Of course they will, we want to sell players not give them better contracts.

KM no doubt has targets and a value for every player. If that's met they'll be sold as the main aim is meeting the break even target rather than longer term squad building and progress on the pitch.
    As we all know, if it was this easy then every club would be and would have been doing it for years. This is their downfall as they think that it is easy to produce talented youngsters every year, year after year.
  • Scoham said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

They signed an older left back in the summer and loaned out another. He'll be going there to be a squad player.

Doubt that's the case.

Probably doesn't like them, probably the case for a lot of players. Don't have to accept offers though.

KM no doubt has targets and a value for every player. If that's met they'll be sold as the main aim is meeting the break even target rather than longer term squad building and progress on the pitch.
    I rest my case!
  • edited August 2016
    Am I the only one who finds this transfer a bit odd?

Especially as Huddersfield signed a left-back from Germany in the summer - who has started every game.

Surely he's better off staying here where he will definitely be needed, and feature, at various points of the season.

Don't believe he's ready for the Champ and got roasted badly at times last season.
  • cafc999 said:

shirty5 said:

I'd say no.

My comment was not aimed at Slade but at KM as I think he has been lied too by her
    Well it wasn't what you said. You said, "so much for no one leaving then Russell".

I've now had Airman giving me grief and it's all your fault. :wink:
  • Another disastrous move by the owners. Quality young players sold cheaply and replaced by over the hill journeymen with no resale value. No building of a team for several seasons forward either. Top work.......... NOT!!
  • Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Doubt that's the case.

I rest my case!</blockquote

What are you talking about ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Asset stripping.

If only. Here's hoping.
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

'Stalker'. 'Mandy'. Jesus Christ man, grow up.

You know there's no conspiracy on here. People are expressing their opinions about why it's happened. A bit like you, only in your eyes they're thick for giving their opinions aren't they. They're all bed wetters or conspiracy theorists or whatever other childish nonsense you can think to come out with. I think you need to take a break.
    So how come whenever I post something that hits a nerve, you're the first to comment, or is it just you find me an easy target knowing plenty will jump on your bandwagon?

No conspiracy on here? That's got to be the most laughable comment I have ever seen on here!

I don't understand the 'thick' comment either, and that's not the first time you have insinuated it, perhaps you're the one that needs to grow up!

You and your mates are so wrapped up in hate for the regime that you can't see what's in front of your face. It is of course possible that Meire is behind the sale of RHD, but like I have already stated there are many different possibilities that neither you or I know at this point.

And because I think differently to you, I need to take a break, what so you can wallow in your misery in peace?
  • The sooner we drag that Fucking woman by her hair down every Stair in the buildjng then back up them for good measure and then Tue her to the roof of any vehicle going back across the channel the better,

Straight to rolys house to witness the signing of the club back to anyone who wants to treat it as a football club

We need to be more vicious more aggressive more focused on intimidating the cnts as much as causing the pain in the pocket

Tiny cahone, Katrien meire ans two shit chalets shouldbt be sleeping well
  • The only thing I can think of, is Lennon will be Fox's cover. I still think Tex will go, but if he doesn't, that's Roger Johnson, Pearce, Komsa and Tex as a CB 4, with Lennon able to play LB

Not defending the sale, just me trying to piece it together logically.

Also, we're starting to take shape, the signings of Holmes and Magenis seemed to say they are possibly backing Slade.
  • The sooner we drag that Fucking woman by her hair down every Stair in the buildjng then back up them for good measure and then Tue her to the roof of any vehicle going back across the channel the better,

Straight to rolys house to witness the signing of the club back to anyone who wants to treat it as a football club

We need to be more vicious more aggressive more focused on intimidating the cnts as much as causing the pain in the pocket

Tiny cahone, Katrien meire ans two shit chalets shouldbt be sleeping well

You seem to be upset NLA, I hope you are not of an age to worry about your ticker. No matter how upset you are, and how angry you are, it is your health that is more important, they do not care if you have a heart attack over their actions.
  • I thought KM said our young players would go to Premier league teams, how long has Huddersfield and Reading been in that league?
  • edited August 2016
    Not happy with this and probably getting bugger all for him
  • Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

'Stalker'. 'Mandy'. Jesus Christ man, grow up.

You know there's no conspiracy on here. People are expressing their opinions about why it's happened. A bit like you, only in your eyes they're thick for giving their opinions aren't they. They're all bed wetters or conspiracy theorists or whatever other childish nonsense you can think to come out with. I think you need to take a break.
    So how come whenever I post something that hits a nerve, you're the first to comment, or is it just you find me an easy target knowing plenty will jump on your bandwagon?

No conspiracy on here? That's got to be the most laughable comment I have ever seen on here!

I don't understand the 'thick' comment either, and that's not the first time you have insinuated it, perhaps you're the one that needs to grow up!

You and your mates are so wrapped up in hate for the regime that you can't see what's in front of your face. It is of course possible that Meire is behind the sale of RHD, but like I have already stated there are many different possibilities that neither you or I know at this point.

And because I think differently to you, I need to take a break, what so you can wallow in your misery in peace?
    I don't think you know what the word conspiracy means.

And I think it's you who can't see what's in front of your face. Charlton relegated down a division, selling key players and academy products before they've played 20 games for the club, constant home protests, countless media outlets criticising the regime, other clubs even getting in on the act. But of course, nothing's wrong whatsoever, it's just silly Charlton Life posters making it all up. It makes perfect sense.
    Gary, I can assure you, no one hates us being in L1 more than me, I loathe it!

Russell Slade is putting together a team to get us out of this godforsaken division and so far he has done a pretty decent job, even you can't deny that. If unfortunately the selling of our reserve left back enables him to bring in another player to help complete the jigsaw puzzle then so be it!

We're going to have to agree to disagree, if you don't like what I post then so be it!