Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

I have found another famous Belgian - RIP

Comments

• Options
    I play a bit of harmonica myself so always appreciate the art of the top chromatic players.

RIP
  • Options
    RIP .. he played on a LOT of classic 'rock' albums during the 70s
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    How beautiful and plaintive could he make that instrument sound.
    RIP Toots.
  • Options
    RIP Toots. Other great Belgian musicians from the past are Django Rheinhardt and Jacques Brel.
  • Options

RIP Toots. Other great Belgian musicians from the past are Django Rheinhardt and Jacques Brel.

Django was an absolute master. As a guitarist myself, I find it hard to comprehend how he played some of the stuff he did with only two fingers. I can't get anywhere near some of it and I have full use of all four of my fingers.

Anyway RIP Toots. A man that could always make the harmonica sound interesting.
  • Options
    The Harmonica is one of my favorite sounds. It evokes so much soul into a piece of music. Toots was a master indeed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Django was an absolute master. As a guitarist myself, I find it hard to comprehend how he played some of the stuff he did with only two fingers. I can't get anywhere near some of it and I have full use of all four of my fingers.

It wasn't only Django's technique, it was the spontaneity and structure of his solos. When I first heard him I did not believe his solos were genuinely improvised, it was only when I built up a sizeable Django collection, with varied solos, that I accepted the extent of the man's genius.