Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK: Walsall 1-2 Charlton

many thanks to the 28 Lifers who gave marks and also helpful comments on the players performances

Comments

• Options
    so the shortest two players in the team got MOTM twice each?
  • Options
    I like how the number of Assists each player has is being included this season
  • Options

I like how the two midfielders that apparently offer nothing going forward have an assist each!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I like how the two midfielders that apparently offer nothing going forward have an assist each!
    Yeah I noticed that as well ;)
  • Options

A sideways pass on the halfway line before Holmes' wondergoal against Shrewsbury, and being the last player to touch the ball before a corner in the same game...

hmm ... perhaps there doesn't always have to be an assist

• Options
    Salad said:

A sideways pass on the halfway line before Holmes' wondergoal against Shrewsbury, and being the last player to touch the ball before a corner in the same game...

That happens sometimes: a goal direct from their defender's clearance or ricochet; or from a penalty, of course.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Salad said:

That happens sometimes: a goal direct from their defender's clearance or ricochet; or from a penalty, of course.

Normally the player who wins the penalty is given the assist. Same for Free Kicks.
  • Options

who gets the assist if you score from kick off? is it the last team mate to touch the ball the week before?

What if its first game of the season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the immortal words of Frank Butcher "Ricky!!!!"
  • Options

who gets the assist if you score from kick off? is it the last team mate to touch the ball the week before?

What if its first game of the season?
    goes back to the previous season
  • Options

The referee (as long as it was him who placed the ball in the centre circle).
  • Options
    Scoham said:

What, one whole assist each in 4 matches ! :wink:
  • Options

The person who passed it as you can't shoot straight from kick off...
  • Options

I thought you could now under the new rules?
  • Options

yes you can, its a direct kick or has this changed now you dont have to pass forward?
  • Options
    My apologies i was not aware of the new rules, i assumed you have to pass on centre's which has always been the norm :)
  • Options

yes you can, its a direct kick or has this changed now you dont have to pass forward?
    I think it might be the latter... Meaning you can pass which ever way you want but not sure if the ball has to be passed before a shot can be made (Else why havent we seen a shot at goal in the first second to try and catch the Goalkeeper out?)
  • Options
    You could always shoot from the kickoff. I'm a keeper - people have tried. But they've never prevailed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:

You could always shoot from the kickoff. I'm a keeper - people have tried. But they've never prevailed.

I heard it's the pass backs you have a problem with mate :wink: .