Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ricky Holmes (ed. Pg 4 - joined Oxford on season loan)

Comments

• Options
    Lookman.
  • Options
    Speaking to a few Sheffielders yesterday they reckon it is an open secret that Wilder is keen to be reunited with Holmes in the summer.
  • Options

Speaking to a few Sheffielders yesterday they reckon it is an open secret that Wilder is keen to be reunited with Holmes in the summer.

If the blades go up and he moves to them, then we can add Holmes to the list of seeing a premiership player of the future.
  • Options

If the blades go up and he moves to them, then we can add Holmes to the list of seeing a premiership player of the future.
    He'll be 30 in June. Reckon he's probably missed the boat re Premier League. Shame he didn't really get going until his late 20's
  • Options

He'll be 30 in June. Reckon he's probably missed the boat re Premier League. Shame he didn't really get going until his late 20's
    Sorry forgot what league we were in.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Leuth said:

POTY is no place for sentiment ;)

Would have been Magennis until his injury but all for Holmes now

• Options

Are we having a POTY

Yes
  • Options

Hardly surprising. The only slight thing potentially in our favour is that he's from the south and may not want to move.
  • Options
    First game since 2015. Agree that he MUST be POTY, only player with an ounce of respect
  • Options
    Said this tonight. Only candidate for POTY. Has a lot of pride and always puts effort in even when he has an off night. We need a team of Ricky Holmes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He must be devestated to have joined us, deserves a lot more.
  • Options
    MOM tonight
  • Options

Said this tonight. Only candidate for POTY. Has a lot of pride and always puts effort in even when he has an off night. We need a team of Ricky Holmes.

I don't know, Nicky Ajose is doing alright.
  • Options
    Not good tonight, but still the one that worked the hardest.
  • Options
    Maybe he should try passing
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    He was a shining light in a sea of shit. Only player I was really impressed by to be honest.

Special mention perhaps for Solly and Dasilva. Even Bauer was off his game though.
  • Options

Maybe he should try passing

Maybe his team-mates should put the effort in too, maybe if they moved about and didnt lose the ball instantly after being passed the ball (and thus losing any attack that was created) he might have.

In the end it really did appear as though he was going: Fuck ya then I'll do it myself if you cant be bothered
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

He was a shining light in a sea of shit. Only player I was really impressed by to be honest.

Special mention perhaps for Solly and Dasilva. Even Bauer was off his game though.

Bauer isn't a great player full stop. We don't have any top of league 1 standard CBs at this club (Mark Beevers level). They are all bang average and no better than the CBs at any other bottom half of L1 club...hence why we are where we are.
  • Options
    Didn't realise he had 6 assists already this season - he got 7 altogether last season. So glad he signed that contract!
  • Options
    On his way to join Gobinson on loan for the season at Oxford.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    season long loan for him at oxford with karl robinson -i thought he left to better himself, clearly not
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I thought he completely lost form in the last 10 matches he played for us. If the old Ricky came back, fine, but the later version who forgot how to pass or take free kicks - less bothered.

didn't think he was a great loss at the time - he was one of our better players but then again we are hardly world beaters in league 1. i just wish players wouldn't come out with the bs about progressing - i still consider Charlton a bigger club than oxford.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I thought he completely lost form in the last 10 matches he played for us. If the old Ricky came back, fine, but the later version who forgot how to pass or take free kicks - less bothered.

didn't think he was a great loss at the time - he was one of our better players but then again we are hardly world beaters in league 1. i just wish players wouldn't come out with the bs about progressing - i still consider Charlton a bigger club than oxford.
    It hadn't crossed my mind that anyne would think it could be the other way round.

(But then again, I was sacked in 1956 after nearly two decades in the top flight.)
  • Options
    Nailed on that he will score against us
  • Options

Nailed on that he will score against us

Can't give you a "like".

And it'll be too painful to LOL.

• Options

season long loan for him at oxford with karl robinson -i thought he left to better himself, clearly not

With the shambles that is CAFC these past few years I think any move for any of our players to League One or above are an improvement for them.