Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ezri Konsa (p3. England U20 call up)

Been very impressed with him so far! First game looked nervous but still did well and last 2 games he has been solid. Quick, reads the game well and good in the tackle.

Is he the real deal?

And should he be keeping Bauer out the team?

Comments

• edited August 2016
    He's raw, makes the odd misjudgement but he does look good. another Gomez. puts himself about, has pace and is not afraid of any forwards.
  • When Lennon is fit that gives us two very promising young CB's.
    Let's hope we can keep them and develop them, and not sell them

Prob more likely Bauer and Tex will be sold - coz they are on much bigger wages.
  • Very likely
  • edited August 2016

When Lennon is fit that gives us two very promising young CB's.

Prob more likely Bauer and Tex will be sold - coz they are on much bigger wages.
    They are also better centre-backs... All for a slag off but he has potential, let's not be silly
  • Wouldn't mind seeing him moved into center midfield against Bolton, especially if The Skipper is out. When I've seen him play there at youth level he looks very good on the ball and quite mobile. Definitely a different level, but I feel like it's harder to come into central defense (may just be me).

If he did play in central midfield it would in theory give us the tactical flexibility to switch between 4-4-2 and 5-2-3, with the later seeing him drop into defense, having Crofts and Foley (or JJ if fit) in central midfield, then Mcgennis and Holmes floating around Ajose looking to create for him. I know we're unlikely to see that level of tactical flexibility, but it's nice to pretend.
  • SDAddick said:

Wouldn't mind seeing him moved into center midfield against Bolton, especially if The Skipper is out. When I've seen him play there at youth level he looks very good on the ball and quite mobile. Definitely a different level, but I feel like it's harder to come into central defense (may just be me).

If he did play in central midfield it would in theory give us the tactical flexibility to switch between 4-4-2 and 5-2-3, with the later seeing him drop into defense, having Crofts and Foley (or JJ if fit) in central midfield, then Mcgennis and Holmes floating around Ajose looking to create for him. I know we're unlikely to see that level of tactical flexibility, but it's nice to pretend.

If jj is missing this is probably all we've got apart from lookman.
    Shows how badly we need a new cm ASAP
  • Just imagine if we had a half decent owner and we could've been in the prem/top champ with Powell as manager, with potentially Gomez and this lad as a centre half pairing.

You have to laugh or you'll cry.
  • Ducktapes next big pay day.
  • What is his contract status? If he is on the usual 1 year for a youngster they need to sort that quickly.
  • Sponsored links:

• What is his contract status? If he is on the usual 1 year for a youngster they need to sort that quickly.

Undisclosed (seriously).

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-new-contracts-academy-2846963.aspx

Signed in December 2015 so I'd imagine it's until 2018 or 2019. Think there was something about deals not being allowed to be more than 3 years and an optional year for young players.

One good thing RD/KM have done is get a lot of youngsters signed up. Could argue too many but I guess it's better to sign up too many on long deals than risk losing/letting a player go too early.
  • Been very impressed with him so far! First game looked nervous but still did well and last 2 games he has been solid. Quick, reads the game well and good in the tackle.

Is he the real deal?

And should he be keeping Bauer out the team?

looks good, probably too young too have too much pressure on him.

Different player to Bauer. Also differs from Tex.

If we keep all 4 I'm happy.

• EK is developing fast and clearly has a football brain - he has a real chance. At the same age he doesn't have the sheer physicality of Rufus or the wonderful athleticism of Gomez but he is 100% genuine Konsa. He'll do for me.
  • Konsa has really impressed me - will get better with experience. Makes mistakes but is learning his trade and doesn't seem out of place.
  • Konsa seems to be a footballing centre half (he can play in midfield as well) and thus could be of interest to the big boys if he maintains his progress...
  • Scoham said:

What is his contract status? If he is on the usual 1 year for a youngster they need to sort that quickly.

Undisclosed (seriously).

http://mobile.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-new-contracts-academy-2846963.aspx

Signed in December 2015 so I'd imagine it's until 2018 or 2019. Think there was something about deals not being allowed to be more than 3 years and an optional year for young players.

One good thing RD/KM have done is get a lot of youngsters signed up. Could argue too many but I guess it's better to sign up too many on long deals than risk losing/letting a player go too early.
    And then let them go for peanuts
  • Got to pay the monkeys somehow.
  • Konsa seems to be a footballing centre half (he can play in midfield as well) and thus could be of interest to the big boys if he maintains his progress...

And looked no mug as right back against Orient...
  • Very good talent, will make mistakes and learn.

Very shakey (understandably) v Northampton in the first half. Heard a few calls for him to be subbed at half time, which is not the way to develop. Glad Slade stook by him and got his confidence up.

Best thing is he will only continue to get better.

Cawley has tweeted saying that Lennon will be playing for the U23's later today
  • Sponsored links:

• Konsa reminds me of Gomez, would like to watch him play and learn over the next year or two. Having breaks as required.
  • Absolute monster of a lad for 18/19 years old. He was solid against Walsall and looks a very exciting prospect.
  • Konsa reminds me of Gomez, would like to watch him play and learn over the next year or two. Having breaks as required.

I hope you don't mean the same sort of breaks as Gomez at Liverpool!

No need to rush Lennon back, which is a nice situation to be in

No need to rush Lennon back, which is a nice situation to be in
    Oh am sure we're not anymore...

But is a lovely situation to be in as means we may not need Johnson's name on the bench soon!!
  • I expect that if/when Konsa is taken out of the team for a breather it'll be with Bauer partnering Pearce. Once Lennon is fit that gives us 4 decent centre halves, if you consider Tex as gone and Johnson as an over-rated prima dona.

Pity RoJo was kept on... He'll just take the money and do as little as he can for it.
  • Splodge said:

I expect that if/when Konsa is taken out of the team for a breather it'll be with Bauer partnering Pearce. Once Lennon is fit that gives us 4 decent centre halves, if you consider Tex as gone and Johnson as an over-rated prima dona.

Pity RoJo was kept on... He'll just take the money and do as little as he can for it.

by who???

I hope you don't mean the same sort of breaks as Gomez at Liverpool!
    Poor choice of words, noted.