Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Walsall match thread 20/8/16

Afternoon folks I hope you are all keeping well and the Tuesday victory gave everyone an extra 'lift' for the rest of the week. Firstly my thanks to @SDAddick for taking over and running a superb match thread in my absence (yes I have read it and very was impressed).
So onto today and an away trip to Walsall, a game I think we can win but it'll be difficult. If Holmes plays then I hope he can pick up where he let off on Tuesday night, might we see Ajose open his account? and if JJ plays how about 3 in 3? will the big man Magennis wreak havoc in the defensive line-up? All will unfold in the next few hours!!
If Holmes is out we have Novak and Lookie to come in, do we play Bauer and give Konsa a rest? Lots of things for RS to ponder, lets hope his deliberations can deliver another impressive victory for The Addicks. I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them............................COYR's!!!

Comments

• Options
    Good afternoon RM hope you are well and good luck for your commentsry

COYA
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Top man Red
  • Options
    Thanks as always RM!

Feeling good about today.. 2-0?

COYR
  • Options
    Looking forward to it RM.......hopefully bring us some 'Saturday Cheer!'
    thanks in advance as always.
    COYR..........
  • Options
    Aw cheers RM, high praise indeed. They were big boots to fill, and I was only keeping the seat warm. That said, if we have a poor result today you should be looking over your shoulder... ;)
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Aw cheers RM, high praise indeed. They were big boots to fill, and I was only keeping the seat warm. That said, if we have a poor result today you should be looking over your shoulder... ;)

There will be some Saturday games to do soon as I'm off on holiday as from 8th September in Lanzarotte (sp) so will be away for a couple of matches I think mate.
  • Options
    Tight 2 - 1 win
  • Options

SDAddick said:

There will be some Saturday games to do soon as I'm off on holiday as from 8th September in Lanzarotte (sp) so will be away for a couple of matches I think mate.
    Good for you! Hope some nice time away will help you to relax and recuperate. I'm on holiday the weekend of the 1st, but would be happy to step into the void otherwise.
  • Options
    Unchanged team
  • Options
    CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly, Konsa, Pearce, Fox, Foley, Crofts, Jackson (c), Holmes, Magennis, Ajose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just leaving Walsall Station on the train, looking forward to my first game of the season. Come On You {insert colour of away strip}.
  • Options
    Not surprised team unchanged after 3-0 win, really would like to see Bauer and Lookman in the starting 11 on saturday though!
  • Options
    From twitter-:
    Rain coming down here at The Banks's Stadium #cafc
  • Options
    Can't make today, family commitments, so cheers for the updates much appreciated
  • Options
    There is one change to the bench with Brandon Hanlan replacing Lee Novak, who misses out with his hand injury. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    No Rico Henry for Walsall, good news for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Not surprised team unchanged after 3-0 win, really would like to see Bauer and Lookman in the starting 11 on saturday though!

The continuity is no bad thing though. The team is learning about playing with each other and avoiding unnecessary changes can only be good for that.

Like that we are not rushing back players and overloading them too. Another big mistake of the last couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Didn't even know Moussa had gone to Walsall, hopefully won't be a(nother) case of ex-players scoring against us. Will be tough to win this but if we can get a run of wins together it can only help team spirit and confidence at a time it's even more necessary than usual!
  • Options
    Saddlers Club busy. Much more Phoenix Nights than I remember!
  • Options

The continuity is no bad thing though. The team is learning about playing with each other and avoiding unnecessary changes can only be good for that.

Like that we are not rushing back players and overloading them too. Another big mistake of the last couple of seasons.
    No no no no no no no, I'd much rather we threw Bauer on and he gets injured again, until at least March
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Neil Etheridge in goal for Walsall? Blimey. And Moussa no doubt with a point to prove.
  • Options

Very true about bringing players back too early (Igor, possibly Kashi). That said, my other concern of sorts would be leaving Konsa in the team too long and having him make mistakes. That said, he's our only fit center back who has even a little bit of pace, and against Jackson you'll definitely need that.
  • Options

No Rico Henry for Walsall, good news for us.

Yeah, that's what I thought :smile:
  • Options
    Sponsors above player names always looks shit. If you have to have them why can't they be below the number?
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Very true about bringing players back too early (Igor, possibly Kashi). That said, my other concern of sorts would be leaving Konsa in the team too long and having him make mistakes. That said, he's our only fit center back who has even a little bit of pace, and against Jackson you'll definitely need that.
    Being allowed to make mistakes is fine imo, learning to deal with that is part of a player's development. The problem is when you have to leave young players to repeatedly make mistakes and destroy their confidence. Konsa is in on merit right now so should keep his place, but we have the options in the squad that allow us to take him out of the firing line as soon as it is needed. Up to Slade to spot when that is and make the right decision.