Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Jade Jones a Charlton fan and has she ever shown off her medals at the Valley?

Just getting ready for the Taekwondo semi final and my old man and I are having a discussion about Jade Jones. He reckons she is Charlton through & through but I couldn't find anything on the net. Apparently she was at the Valley once showing off her medals.

Can any lifers clarity this?

Comments

• Options
    Gemma Gibbons is local , think you might mean her.
  • Options
    Yes, she came down after 2012 to show it off
  • Options
    She didn't get picked for 2016. Now lives in Scotland.
  • Options
    cafc4life said:

Gemma Gibbons is local , think you might mean her.

Yes! Thats the one. Thank you!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Must have been the red kit she was wearing :wink: .
  • Options
    edited August 2016

She didn't get picked for 2016. Now lives in Scotland.

Roly and Kat drove her away like the majority of supporters. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    milo said:

That Taekwondo wasn't much of a spectator sport, I was expecting some sort of Jean Claude Van Damm / Bruce Lee type business - it was like watching a hopping competition.

I wouldn't like either of those girls hopping into my midriff even less so me nut :wink:
  • Options
    Gemma Gibbons, came to the valley after the games. Those medals are heavy!
  • Options
    BDL said:

What were they made of?
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

milo said:

That Taekwondo wasn't much of a spectator sport, I was expecting some sort of Jean Claude Van Damm / Bruce Lee type business - it was like watching a hopping competition.

I wouldn't like either of those girls hopping into my midriff even less so me nut :wink:
    I wouldn't mind her hopping into my midriff. I usually have to pay for that sort of shit.
  • Options
    At the Rio games 1.2% of a gold medal is actually gold.
    God knows why I know that.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Greenie said:

BDL said:

What were they made of?
    It varies for each games. In Rio the "gold" medal is silver gilt. That is silver with gold plating. The London "gold" also had some copper in it. The "silver" medal is actually silver but the London version also had some copper in it. The "bronze" medal is mainly copper with a hint of zinc. The London "bronze" medal also had some tin in it. Which is the more usual composition of bronze. Actual value based on the metals is about $600, $300 and $2.38 respectively. An actual gold medal would be around $21,000 in raw material costs.

A standard gold bar weighs 12.4kg. They are invariably shown upside down in the movies. The wider bit goes at the top to aid lifting. The gold in the coach in The Italian Job would have taken out the floor of the coach, let alone sent it spinning to obvilion over the mountain side.
    £2.38?

I might get one made, easier than r years of training.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Did you have a good feel of them then?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Greenie said:

BDL said:

What were they made of?
    It varies for each games. In Rio the "gold" medal is silver gilt. That is silver with gold plating. The London "gold" also had some copper in it. The "silver" medal is actually silver but the London version also had some copper in it. The "bronze" medal is mainly copper with a hint of zinc. The London "bronze" medal also had some tin in it. Which is the more usual composition of bronze. Actual value based on the metals is about $600, $300 and $2.38 respectively. An actual gold medal would be around $21,000 in raw material costs.

A standard gold bar weighs 12.4kg. They are invariably shown upside down in the movies. The wider bit goes at the top to aid lifting. The gold in the coach in The Italian Job would have taken out the floor of the coach, let alone sent it spinning to obvilion over the mountain side.
    Interesting. Thanks.
  • Sponsored links: