Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life is 10 years old today !

Comments

• Happy Brithday Charltonlife and a big thank you to all that created it and keep it alive. As a northern Addick I have always been a bit isolated and the forum enabled me to really keep informed as to what is going on in front of and behind the scenes. Growing up the only info was gained from from gran posting up clippings from the Mercury.

Apart from just reading posts I also managed to meet some other local Addicks including our departed friend Andy - @Bryan_Kynsie, so a big thanks goes to the site for creating an opportunity to make some great friends to share the good, bad and sometimes sad times with.
  • Happy Birthday CL

China being second in terms of average duration of read has got to be down to @JessieAddick @Stu_of_Kunming and myself whiling away the hours on here over the last few years. Good work, guys.
  • The Ollie Thread.
  • You're all a bunch of tossers.
  • I've never met anyone from here.
    I like to think I saw Curb-it on a deserted Cannon St station one afternoon.
    Très chic.
  • Sponsored links:

• Was SadieJanes hubbys big jogger bottoms a mad thread on here

Shhhh!
  • Happy Birthday CL, this site has brought so many friendships that I couldn't live without now, it's been fantastic.

Some great highlights that loads have covered before me, another one to throw in the mix though was that strange feller who came on asking about meeting up with a long lost love in Blackpool or something?! I remember cracking up.
  • Happy Birthday Charlton Life! Felt like a part of the family right from the start. Always the place I go to if I need a good laugh (usually supplied by @ricky_otto). Here's to another 10! Well done everyone!
  • Happy birthday CL - community spirit is massively important in life and you guys that run this recognise and facilitate that so maximum respect - i know i often have an opposing view to the majority but I think its good to discuss and challenge. I also stray into WUM territory sometimes for which i apologise - this board deserves better. Keep up the good work and many thanks for all the effort it must take to run this.
  • edited August 2016
  • A nice example of the helpful nature of this site was when I posted up a request for help with a song from the 60s I was trying to recall & all I could recall was that it featured a kind of horn noise every now & again throughout the song. This resulted in hundreds of guesses - including the right one in about post 12 - but we missed it & the saga went on & on until we figured it out.....was a good excuse to post up lots of good music videos though.
  • Without Charlton Life, I am sure me and my son would not be Charlton fans.

Admittedly I may have more of a life outside of work and Charlton. Or maybe not.
  • Moved to Canada Feb 2006, Joined CL in Sept 2006 Happy Birthday CL it's been an incredibly entertaining link to Charlton thanks to all posters and the admins - you're the best !
  • edited August 2016
    Congratulations @AFKABartram and @LoOkOuT on 10 years

For some reason the full post won't appear, I'll retry later ☹️
  • Sponsored links:

• Congratulations guys, top work. "New bird on Countdown" is still a personal favourite, with the immortal opening line: "would wallop that".

Thank you. Some may say that I peaked that day.

Probably right.
  • One of my favourite ever comments...

A supposed Sheffield Utd fan came on here complaining that Simon Church had called his son four-eyes after the cup quarter final.

He got plenty of pelters and tucked away half way down the first page was @DaveMehmet 's response: "have you tried laser surgery?"

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/60517/jeremy-kyle-anyone/p1

I've just read this thread for the first time and am struggling to stop crying - with laughter. LMTO :bawling:
  • Thank you and congratulations to AFKA, Lookout and everyone else whose contributions make this wonderful site possible. On a personal level I can say that it's helped me immeasurably, without Charlton Life I'd have had the time to complete my PhD, my PPL and run own my own business, so I'd have no excuse for my failures.
  • WSS said:

Some of my best friendships created as a result of this site being born.

Those friends have helped me through the toughest times and celebrated with me the best ones. Always be thankful for that.

Love you, football fwend
    I wasn't talking about you, you tosser.
  • edited August 2016

_MrDick said:

Most searched user profile from search engines
    1. @_MrDick (4,318 - lol, that’s a hell of a lot of disappointed visitors!!)

Fame at last ....
    I actually preferred your old handle Valley McMoist !

On one occasion, I signed in through Twitter and my username changed. Haven't been able to get the ValleyMcMoist username back

My most favourite thread was the one where I reporting live from Bray. Absolutely hammered, couldn't get my words out properly and nearly sliced my @_MrDick in half whilst trying to relieve myself in a beer can on the train back into Dublin.
  • The Paulie / hi-lites has been my favourite thread.
  • Made some friends for life through this site.

Sadly!
  • Congratulations gents. You should be very proud of your achievements.

This place is an institution and clearly means so much to so many people.

Well done and thank you.......