Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    makes sense. segregation will be interesting.
  • Options
    I might go to this just to see how bad the crowd is going to be...could be worse than the 800 odd at Selhurst for those Full Members Cup games :worried:
  • Options
    I like the way the club do not mention it is Southampton under 21's, plus it is not even showing in the fixture list on the OS
  • Options
    A sign of things to come.
  • Options
    I think people are mad for paying to watch friendlies but this one would really need some head checks
  • Options

I think people are mad for paying to watch friendlies but this one would really need some head checks

This 100%
  • Options
    Wasnt it the same when we last played in the JPT?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Technically it's Southampton under 23's not 21's.

Millwall only charging a £5er against West Brom.

Ideal scenario would be that no one attends this match to show that B teams are not wanted.

But then Charlton are penalised for a mistake made by the EFL...
  • Options
    Boycott unless the club promises to field our under 23's. Then I would be tempted.
  • Options

If ever there was a game with "boycott" written on it this has to be the one.

All football league clubs involved in this tournament are boycotting them.

No point calling a boycott when no one was planning to attend anyway IMO.
  • Options

Ideal scenario would be that no one attends this match to show that B teams are not wanted.

Well they did vote for it
  • Options
    redman said:

Boycott unless the club promises to field our under 23's. Then I would be tempted.

Can't. The rules prevent it. Must play (I think) at least 7 from previous Saturday's match day squad.

Besides that, why give Premiership scouts an easy opportunity to showcase our talented academy plays, which they can then sign for a pittance under the EPPP rules?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

£10 to watch half of our normal first team against Southampton U21s - no thank you. Can't even blame this on Roland, farcical tournament.

I think we have to field a certain number of first team players in this one..I'm not sure how many,someone on here will know.
  • Options

Well they did vote for it
    I think it was announced that Charlton were one of the clubs who voted against...
  • Options
    I might be wrong but my understanding is that we were one of the clubs that voted against this format.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I might be wrong but my understanding is that we were one of the clubs that voted against this format.

Portsmouth/Wimbledon another two who voted against it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wasnt it the same when we last played in the JPT?

No.

This is a proper joke, we have it lucky, isn't it Colchester that has to travel to Boro for one of these poxy games?
  • Options
    It's such a car crash decision. Even if the likes of Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Man City had entered it'd still be a ridiculous competition. It's demeaning.

Statistically, will it even count as a proper game? The PL and Champ clubs in it will class it as their U23s and therefore essentially a reserve game. So if a player scores it won't go down towards his first team club stats. But presumably L1/L2 clubs will count the games as official first team matches.

£10 is too high but then I guess the club know that whether they charge £5 or £10 they will be lucky to get 1,000 into the ground so may as well charge a tenner to cover operating costs.

Part of me wants the teams playing U23 teams to take it seriously and hammer them, so no one can argue the younger players benefit from the tournament in any way.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

MrLargo said:

£10 to watch half of our normal first team against Southampton U21s - no thank you. Can't even blame this on Roland, farcical tournament.

I think we have to field a certain number of first team players in this one..I'm not sure how many,someone on here will know.
    We do - 6 regulars, "half of our normal first team".
  • Options
    omg , i haven't really read or followed any of this guff
    i presume this is the johnny painting comp revitalised for the shitty league that we now find ourselves in and we are playing a junior side of Soton
    thanks roland
    shameful times
  • Options
    Shit price for a shit pointless game.
  • Options
    Scrolling through twitter a lot of supporters trust are donating their admissions cost to local charities.

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/truststfc-efl

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/Paul-Cook-Fund
  • Options
    Can't wait for this one, the stand out game of the season for me and a snip at £10. :smile:

Assume we are forced by the rules to hold it at The Valley, with the non crowd it would have been better at Sparrows or Beckenham
  • Options
    Shit tournament with a sponsor that i'd never heard of until i just googled them.

This will truly be one for Seb and other real die hards who in years to come will be able to say "i was there that night when the attendance was 674 against Southampton"
  • Options
    Latest in a continuing series of dunderheaded decisions:
    1) We all know how the regime like to spin up the "attendance" figures
    2) Nobody could have been expecting anything other than pitiful crowds for this competition, regardless of the format, so ticket revenue was always going to be immaterial.
    Therefore include the preliminary stage matches for season ticket holders and Latrine can claim attendance over 5500 at no financial cost to the club - some of us might even attend out of curiosity/desperation for smthn to do, a few really misguided souls might have bought a program.