Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Woodstock.......

Albeit a hippy festival, and rather dated, it still shines out to me as one of the great cultural events, that I have lived through. Of course I am biased as it had so many of the bands that I love. Hendrix, Who, CSNY, Santana, too name a few of the legendary performers. Of course I never went...... but did make a video in 1971\2 of Jimi's performance at the Woodstock, I 'borrowed' the reel to reel tape magnectic stripe tape, ( from Warner brothers Wardour street, as you did at the time) that I re-recorded at the Purley cinema, and overdubbed the sound from the triple album. But then I was an art student at the time,using the mixing desk at the brand new tv studios, that had opened at Croydon college of art. Some geezer called David Bowie was there a year or so before me, or so I am told. Seems like another world now! .
Day 1: Friday, August 15 1969

Richie Havens > Playlist
Sweetwater > Set List
Bert Sommer > Playlist
Tim Hardin > Set List
Ravi shankar > Playlist
Melanie > Set List
Arlo Guthrie > Playlist
Joan Baez > Set List

Day 2: Saturday, August 16 1969

Quill > Playlist
Country Joe McDonald > Set List
John B. Sebastian > Playlist
Keef Hartley Band > Set List
Santana > Playlist
Incredible String Band > Set List
Canned Heat > Set Playlist
Grateful Dead > Playlist
Leslie West & Mountain > Playlist
Creedence Clearwater Revival > Set List
Janis Joplin > Playlist
Sly & The Family Stone > Set List
The Who > Playlist
Jefferson Airplane > Set List

Day 3: Sunday, August 17 1969

Joe Cocker > Playlist
Country Joe & The Fish > Set List
Ten Years After > Set List
Johnny Winter > Playlist
Blood Sweat And Tears > Set List
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young > Playlist

Day 4: Monday, August 18 1969

Paul Butterfield Blues Band > Set List
Sha Na Na > Playlist
Jimi Hendrix > Set List

Here are the Who. nice bit of guitar abuse at the end..... well it is only a Gibson!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F03a-EYvifU

Comments

• The Band played on the Sunday night and pretty sure Humble Pie also played but neither is in the movie.

Love the opening sequence of the movie when they are constructing the stage.

Always surprised by how many fans of rock music have never seen it.
  • Great stuff....thanks Ken.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Vou51-755I
    The Band....
    Never Knew about the Pie playing there!
  • I would have loved just one night with the chemicals available back then, shit man I would have taken everything all at once
  • edited August 2016
    There's a festival at Indio, California in October. (Desert Trip 2016). The line up includes: The Stones, The Who, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Roger Waters and Paul McCartney.
    What's the combined age of that lot!
    (They are all playing a full set over a three day weekend on both 7th, 8th and 9th and then again over 14th, 15th and 16th.)
  • I have it on lp, cd, vhs and dvd. Never tire of watching and listening to it.
  • What was the science fiction film where Charlton Heston (?) watches the footage of Woodstock just to see the people because he thinks he's the last person left alive ?
  • What was the science fiction film where Charlton Heston (?) watches the footage of Woodstock just to see the people because he thinks he's the last person left alive ?

The Omega Man. Great film.
    Recently remade as the inferior Legend with Will Smith
  • Looking through that list of artists has reminded me what eclectic taste I have in music. Because I've seen three of them live: The Who, Santana and Ravi Shankar.
  • Sponsored links:

• The Band played on the Sunday night and pretty sure Humble Pie also played but neither is in the movie.

Looked up their Wiki, which says they were touring the States that year, but doesn't mention Woodstock. Can't imagine they would have played and not made the film.

• edited August 2016

The Band played on the Sunday night and pretty sure Humble Pie also played but neither is in the movie.

Looked up their Wiki, which says they were touring the States that year, but doesn't mention Woodstock. Can't imagine they would have played and not made the film.

They played the 20th anniversary reunion festival, in the 1980s, which is possibly where the confusion is.

However, there's also this last.fm/music/Humble+Pie/_/Every+Mother%27s+Son+(Woodstock.1969)
  • I've got wood. I've always got wood.
  • I love Melanie and that's all I have to say on the subject.
  • Uboat said:

I love Melanie and that's all I have to say on the subject.

The Omega Man. Great film.
    Recently remade as the inferior Legend with Will Smith
    From the Richard Matheson book, I am Legend. Quite short but what it lacks in length is more than made up for by its quality.
  • Personally loved this woman the moment I heard her sing, her songwriting is not too bad as well for a painter.
  • edited August 2016
    Chizz said:

Looking through that list of artists has reminded me what eclectic taste I have in music. Because I've seen three of them live: The Who, Santana and Ravi Shankar.

The Who, Jefferson Airplane and Young of CSN&Y.
  • Personally loved this woman the moment I heard her sing, her songwriting is not too bad as well for a painter.

genius
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Y72DXp0R8
    After a bit of a nervous start, the songs are memorable