Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Weds communicate with fans over disruptive player

Comments

• A club that is honestly trying for promotion.
    Couldn't ask for more than that and feels a million years ago since we were in that position.
  • good statement that if it was your club would make you believe.
  • personally I think he's a complete cheating, sulking, diving little knob. but at the same time he is a good tricky forward. fans will want to keep him and by the sounds of it the chairman too rightly wants to keep him. though I suspect a few would find it hard to forgive. scott parker for us springs to mind.
  • Oh to have a club all pushing in the same direction.
  • That statement is the polar opposite of everything about our club as it's currently run.
  • What is it with these foreign owners and their use of the word "unique"? :-)
  • Everybody above gets a "like"!
  • LoOkOuT said:

Everybody above gets a "like"!

should be a promote for the OP
  • What did he do
  • Sponsored links:

• This is exactly the kind of thing Charlton should have done with Roger Johnson - I have my suspicions he hasn't apologised to Slade at all
  • edited August 2016

What did he do

Refused to travel and play against Norwich because of transfer speculation from Derby and Newcastle
  • Massive statement about the direction and culture of the club
  • Good statement I almost found myself wanting to buy a season ticket....
  • Off_it said:

Lots of good in that statement, but I particularly like

"Whilst I completely respect your opinions, whatever they may be, to be anything other than fully supportive could be disharmonious and counter-productive, which is the last thing that anybody wants. Above all else, we are family, and we help each other through times of trouble."

Contrast that with "the fans have to accept that it's RD's club and he will do things his way".

Doesn't happen often but I'm 100% with you on this one @Off_it . That one sentence from CAFC would have gone a million miles to rebuilding bridges.
  • edited August 2016
    Ross said:

What did he do

Refused to travel and play against Norwich because of transfer speculation from Derby and Newcastle
    Did charlton release any kind of statement when Thurman refused to travel to Leeds? Reason unknown. Maybe because he's shit and didn't like that reality?

The statement is very good.

Sounds like someone actually deeply cares about something. Someone has a football passion. Someone puts themselves in the shoes of the most important thing about a club, the fans. Also....... no spelling mistakes. Can you believe it?

^ we are a joke.

Does this owner have more money then Roland?

Why the f*ck have we got Roland Duchatelet as our owner? We didn't deserve it. A lot of people don't deserve certain negative things that happen to them in life....but , you know.
  • LoOkOuT said:

Sorry? @operationpig hasn't commented yet. Why should he get a promote?
  • Swisdom said:

Off_it said:

Lots of good in that statement, but I particularly like

"Whilst I completely respect your opinions, whatever they may be, to be anything other than fully supportive could be disharmonious and counter-productive, which is the last thing that anybody wants. Above all else, we are family, and we help each other through times of trouble."

Contrast that with "the fans have to accept that it's RD's club and he will do things his way".

Doesn't happen often but I'm 100% with you on this one @Off_it . That one sentence from CAFC would have gone a million miles to rebuilding bridges.
    One of us must be sickening for something mate!

I don't think its me - I always look and feel like shit - so it must be you!
    :smiley:
  • What annoys me most is that this is a sign of how far our moral stance as a club has fallen. It used to be only our good players who were of a higher value to the club who could get away with acting like c****, whilst the not so good ones were punished. Now even very average players like RJ are getting away with it..
  • I think every club thinks to themselves what would charlton do and then do the complete opposite.

• Sponsored links:

• "This club is special, unique"

See, Katrien was right all along!!
  • cafcfan said:

LoOkOuT said:

Sorry? @operationpig hasn't commented yet. Why should he get a promote?
    OP - opening post?