Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Home stand crowd shots from Saturday

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
imageimageimage

Official home attendance was 11,567 - 1,283 = 10,284
Actual has been reported to be 9,600-sh - 1,283 = 8,350

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    Surprisingly high for me,thought it would be nearer 6-7000 home fans.
  • Options
    wrighty said:

Comps that were used will have added at least 1,000. A lot of these were day-trippers.
  • Options

wrighty said:

Comps that were used will have added at least 1,000. A lot of these were day-trippers.
    Much more than 1,000 comps, they were handing them out even to non North lower sitters - they gave me a call for some reason to tell me they were sending one out.

Tonight could be an indication.
  • Options

wrighty said:

Much more than 1,000 comps, they were handing them out even to non North lower sitters - they gave me a call for some reason to tell me they were sending one out.

Tonight could be an indication.
    There's still the £10 ticket offer in effect tonight which should boost things a bit.
  • Options
    Oldham on the 27th September could be the lowest in years for a league game.
  • Options
    The second thing I noticed from those pictures (first was obviously all of the empty seats) is he vast amount of blank advertising boards. This speaks volumes about how the club is struggling to attract sponsorship because they have such a poor business model.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Those seats in the middle of the West Upper (towards the front) - are they corporate ?
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Those seats in the middle of the West Upper - are they corporate ?

They're Katrien's security detail.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Titan Elevators have gone - no more boards, sponsorship of the Police Box or on the Big Screen.
  • Options
    They can publish whatever figures they want but no-one present was impressed, There was a feeling of "it could have been much worse." Tonight will be interesting although I haven't bothered sorting a £10 ticket so am likely to give it a miss myself.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I still question the amount of home fans in the stadium Saturday being around 8,350.

That is saying that the crowd Satursay would have failed to have fitted into the (3 sided) Valley on the 92 return.

I reckon the few hundred in the North Upper and Quads would easily have fitted into the North Lower with seats to spare, whilst the sum total of the West and East would not have exceeded the 3,400 capacity of the Jimmy Seed imo. And that's not even filling the temporary West Stand that was used then
  • Options
    I see my seat in the NW is still empty. Nice to be able to resume it when Roland sells up.
  • Options

I still question the amount of home fans in the stadium Saturday being around 8,350.

That is saying that the crowd Satursay would have failed to have fitted into the (3 sided) Valley on the 92 return.

I reckon the few hundred in the North Upper and Quads would easily have fitted into the North Lower with seats to spare, whilst the sum total of the West and East would not have exceeded the 3,400 capacity of the Jimmy Seed imo. And that's not even filling the temporary West Stand that was used then

Prepare for some more make believe figures tonight.

For example, look on the website at block B in the East Stand. 7 whole rows at the front blocked out. presumably for comps given away to a school or club?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I've decided to go tonight. My first game of the season. Just wanted to get out the house and get some peace n quiet.