Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Meire aiming for Target 5000?

Saturday's attendance of 11,567 was the first time since 3rd March 1998 that we've had an attendance of below 12,000 for a league match.
People that were there (and I wasn't) seem to say that it was actually below 10,000.

It's obvious that this figure is going to be even lower for the Shrewsbury fixture tomorrow night.
The last time we had below 9,000 for a league match was 20 years ago.

Meire/Duchatelet's policy of alienating supporters and lowering attendances certainly seems to be working.
How low can it go this season?

Comments

• Options
    There are only 3 Tuesday night matches in the league this season.

Oldham 27/9. I reckon sub 6.5k think.

I fully expect us to have a lower average attendance than Millwall this season.

• Options
    I thought target 5000 was included in the 'New Era'?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    In a survey of 10,000 people R.Dutchelet of Belgium said, "I don't give a fuck, huh!"
  • Options
    ....and on the day we get our lowest crowd for 18 years they say they want to communicate more with the fans - funny that!
  • Options
    7,111 is the magic number for Katrien.
  • Options
    At least you can say you were their!
  • Options
    Does anyone know our lowest league attendance since returning to The Valley? I reckon there's a good chance we could break a record this season - possibly tonight?

It's terrible that I actually want this to happen. I hate what these people have done to our club and it's fantastic supporters.
  • Options
    Katrien, rewriting Charlton history AND breaking records. Proud to be Charlton
  • Options
    Jodaius said:

Does anyone know our lowest league attendance since returning to The Valley? I reckon there's a good chance we could break a record this season - possibly tonight?

I'd assume it was in the 93-94 season, our first full season back when our average was just over 8k that season.
  • Options

At least you can say you were their!

Don't leave us hanging...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    6,154 v Barnsley 3 April 1992

As we must have circa 6k STs now I can't see it going that low.

8337, the gate for the first game back at the Valley is the benchmark IMHO
  • Options
    Don't forget that when we returned to the valley the capacity was only about 8500.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The last (official) sub-9,000 crowds for a league match at The Valley were two midweek games in 1996 - 8,487 for Southend United on September 10th and 8,650 for Birmingham City on November 28th. Both were evening kick-offs.

I think it is unlikely the official gate will fall below 8,000, but for the record the last was 7,849 against Reading on November 21st, 1995, also a Tuesday night match.

The last sub-10,000 and only four figure crowd of 1997/98 was 9,850 for Sheffield United on December 9th, 1997. It was a very wet Tuesday night.
  • Options

The last (official) sub-9,000 crowds for a league match at The Valley were two midweek games in 1996 - 8,487 for Southend United on September 10th and 8,650 for Birmingham City on November 28th. Both were evening kick-offs.

I think it is unlikely the official gate will fall below 8,000, but for the record the last was 7,849 against Reading on November 21st, 1995, also a Tuesday night match.

The last sub-10,000 and only four figure crowd of 1997/98 was 9,850 for Sheffield United on December 9th, 1997. It was a very wet Tuesday night.

What is the lowest cup attendance in recent years? I can't help but think that one of the JPT (I refuse to call it the Checkatrade Trophy) games this season will be ridiculously low.
  • Options
    Ross said:

What is the lowest cup attendance in recent years? I can't help but think that one of the JPT (I refuse to call it the Checkatrade Trophy) games this season will be ridiculously low.
    Not really Charlton's fault that, though.
  • Options

Ross said:

Not really Charlton's fault that, though.
    It's their fault we have to play in the bloody thing.
    Bollocks to it. Just play 16-18 year olds/an academy 11. If they win, ok whatever good on em, if they lose....

We've just saved ourselves a few completely pointless JPT matches for a thin squad...a squad that can't afford any fatigue or injuries.

The trophy is beneath us.

It can

F*CK RIGHT OFF.
  • Options
    9174 announced attendance probably less than 8000 CAFC fans