Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Magennis

Comments

• Options

Nice one Josh , a quick “duh duh duh duh .....” cue to my boys is always followed by a “”......Josh Magennis “ and they are well excited about another Charlton player being on a World Cup panini card or whatever it is . Most of them were too young to appreciate the Rezza card from the 2014 World Cup.

And to think that Reza had a very decent World Cup after his (not)MOM performances for us.
  • Options
    worried we will lose him soon with all this exposure he is getting. Well done Josh though.
  • Options
    Yes, well done big Josh.
  • Options
    Perhaps Josh will be going with Konsa in January. Don't forget in Robinson's words we are going to have a right go.
  • Options
    That commentator got very excited for what was a consolation goal, and (I'm assuming) not for his own country!
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Perhaps Josh will be going with Konsa in January. Don't forget in Robinson's words we are going to have a right go.

What he actually said was "we're having a right go at developing our academy strikers" - we'll be recalling Hanlan and Umerah to compete with KAG and RHF.
  • Options
    Agree - I'd expect Magennis to be traded out of the club in either January (if we're mid table) or June (if we're not promoted)
  • Options
    Anyone know what percentage of Josh’s goals are headers or where to find out?

Must be quite high?
  • Options

Anyone know what percentage of Josh’s goals are headers or where to find out?

Must be quite high?

6/7 with his head for club and country this year. Hasn't scored with his feet for us yet this year (but he does have 4 which is a decent return in 9 games).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

worried we will lose him soon with all this exposure he is getting. Well done Josh though.

KM told me hes not for sale and she doesn't lie.
  • Options
    Anyone following tonight’s game? How’s big Josh playing?
  • Options
    Played well considering he was right side of midfield, didn't get injured
  • Options

Played well considering he was right side of midfield, didn't get injured

Better than scoring a goal against the World Champions that

• Options
    Here's hoping we can cheer Josh up at the weekend at the valley , and give him plenty of support, must be pretty peed off at missing out on the world cup.
  • Options

Here's hoping we can cheer Josh up at the weekend at the valley , and give him plenty of support, must be pretty peed off at missing out on the world cup.

Nothing beats going from a world cup playoff to a third tier EFL match for a pick-me-up!
  • Options
    Was gutted for him last night. The decision made on Thursday definitely cost them.
  • Options
    Great news for us. He can rest up over the summer rather than spending 6 weeks training & playing matches & then needing a proper rest in July when all the rest of our players are starting pre-season.
  • Options

Great news for us. He can rest up over the summer rather than spending 6 weeks training & playing matches & then needing a proper rest in July when all the rest of our players are starting pre-season.

This. I know we should want our players to be involved in tournaments but players that go to these tournaments are never properly rested and their form suffers the following season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Show him the love.
  • Options
    trying not to be negative but hes looked off the pace every time i have seen him this season

he really could do with a goal or 2
  • Options
    Love Super Josh!

Sure he doesn't have the all round game of Kermorgant, but he is certainly the best man we have had to lead the line since the great Yann.

He is good in the air, and great at bringing others into play. His finishing isnt the greatest but I think thats a lot to do with confidence - See the finishes in his hattrick last year. Surprisingly quick for a big man and seems to love being at charlton.

Has definitely suffered from lack of back up this season. Playing every league game and away every international break means he hasn't had a rest and form/confidence/freshness has dropped.

He's still the main man for me. He is exactly the striker we need in this system in this league. Just hope we have better back up for him come Jan (something Karl promised us last jan "we need some support for Josh").

He deserves our full support.
  • Options

Of more immediate concern, if N Ireland had qualified, would he have been pacing himself for the rest of the season, especially once we get to spring, to save himself for the tournament? Wasn't Reza accused of doing that?
  • Options

Of more immediate concern, if N Ireland had qualified, would he have been pacing himself for the rest of the season, especially once we get to spring, to save himself for the tournament? Wasn't Reza accused of doing that?
    JBG was also accused of this by some.
  • Options
    http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15769158._Get_off_Josh_Magennis__back_____he_ll_score_the_goals_to_help_Charlton_win_promotion_/

From the same writer that claimed Roland and Katrien had proven Charlton fans wrong in the summer.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/15769158._Get_off_Josh_Magennis__back_____he_ll_score_the_goals_to_help_Charlton_win_promotion_/

From the same writer that claimed Roland and Katrien had proven Charlton fans wrong in the summer.

Not even going to open that and give it the hits it doesn't deserve.

Why do the Newshopper give him the platform?
  • Options
    was expecting this thread to now say he's injured and out for a month....
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Not even going to open that and give it the hits it doesn't deserve.

Why do the Newshopper give him the platform?
    Because, as you say, it's click bait.
  • Options
    A terribly written piece with no clear points but I do agree with the overall sentiment.

Josh started the season well for club and country and I certainly think he is good enough.

Yes he's struggling at the moment. He's going through a run of poor form, partly due to him not playing as well as he has and not making the most of chances. Also down to injuries and poor form from those supposed to be supporting him. Partly down to the system leaving him isolated. Partly down to the fact we have until the last week literally had no other option so he has had to play every minute of every game and is clearly fatigued. He hasn't once let his head drop and has continued to give his all every game.

He's a good player with a good record at this level. His all round play is very good even if he's not a natural goalscorer. He adds so much more to our game than that.

On top of this he speaks well about the club, cares about it and foes a lot for the community stuff. I like that about him.

He needs some competition and a rest. I reckon he will end the season as first choice with double figures goals. And I'll be happy with that.