Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Josh Magennis

Comments

• Options
    Wow that glass of yours is less than half full ain't it !
    He did OK and made at least 3 chances for others as well as a good shot on goal in the 25 mins I watched
  • Options
    BBC online report says he was Northern Ireland's "stand-out player, working tirelessly throughout."
  • Options
    My Larne based pal also says he was MOTM.
  • Options

He's a good player. I'm perplexed with the Charlton fans, that don't think he's decent.

He's a good player but its difficult to see his qualities when he's forced to play up front on his own with long balls being aimed at him.

None of which is his fault... He needs Ajose or Lookman up with him
    Also a midfield that can pass the ball rather than just hoof it and ask for the best
  • Options
    I think he looks good even in the ridiculous set ups Slade has been employing.

Looking back when he was our big man target, I was not impressed. Scottish league, limited goals, I thought we should have done better.

I was wrong I think.

We aren't setting up to get the best out of him but he is much much better than I expected and we just need to go more aggressive with the midfield even if that means playing some youth for variety until we buy in January.
  • Options
    Josh tucking in earlier tonight with the biggest mixed grill available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Meze fiveways.
  • Options
    He needs to do this before every match
  • Options
    Couple of Northern Irish lads sitting behind us today. Were there specifically to see Magennis. They seem to love him.
  • Options
    He had a good game today, worked hard and deserved his goal. Coventry's left back was very poor though and made him look like Messi!
  • Options
    He's a good player.
  • Options
    Really pleased for him, worked really hard, set up Lookman with two simple chances, plus a good finish
    for the goal and endless closing down of their back four.
  • Options
    big man love for the guy
  • Options
    I love him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great performance and effort by Magennis, considering the two big games he's had fir N Ireland this week
  • Options
    Well done Josh. Excellent game & worked so hard, as usual.
  • Options
    Playing against Die Mannschaft during the week has paid off!
  • Options
    Good performance. Surprised we got him for only £100k. Surely Kilmarnock could have got more for someone with 25 + full international caps?

Faster than he first appears to be, wins the ball in the air (sometimes) and very quick in the last few seconds before creating a chance. Reminded me of Ricardo Fuller.
  • Options
    Quality today as he was against deuestand the other night.Anoher Jan in the making .If only we had players to push on around him!
  • Options
    Man of the match today, especially second half ...very strong player and doesn't give in.
  • Options
    He was man of the match for Northern Ireland the other night.
    Today close between Josh and Declan
  • Options
    Very easy to like this guy.
    As pure speculation I think he will have a career in the game one way or another after he finishes playing.
    For now I want him to keep on keeping on.
  • Options

thought Novak looked better but room for both

Love this.