Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Josh Magennis

Comments

• He was outstanding tonight.

Scored again.
    Your old age is affecting your eyesight Henry. Magennis is the big dark guy. Northern Irish accent.

Jackson is the brown floppy haired white guy. Left footed. Legs a bit gone.
    Whoooosh
  • He was outstanding tonight.

Scored again.
    Your old age is affecting your eyesight Henry. Magennis is the big dark guy. Northern Irish accent.

Jackson is the brown floppy haired white guy. Left footed. Legs a bit gone.
    Fair play mate you've been man enough to reassess Jackson's legs from gone to a bit gone :wink:
  • After Saturday I thought we had a another limited 'tryer' on our hands - a nice guy that runs about but is ultimately shit... One of the 'Simons'.

Happy to be proven completely wrong tonight. A real handful that was actually very good when charging at defenders with the ball at his feet. Very unlucky not to score a well taken one on one effort, and will be extremely useful this season on cold winter nights further north (Bermondsey).
  • Impressive player - very strong.
  • His work rate and pace has really impressed me so far.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOC64 said:

1StevieG said:

Looks good though he needs to change those 50p shaped boots if he is going to have chances like the one in the second half against NT.

Regarding Josh and boots.

Last year my son, then aged 13, joined Killie' s Academy from Charlton. When we joined we were given access to a website whereby you can order boots direct from Adidas. The terms of purchase were that the boots had to be delivered to the club.

When we went to collect the boots, we established (after a number of enquiries) that Josh had claimed the boots (only the Academy staff had heard of us) and had worn them in the opening league game of the season against Dundee.

Josh came and saw us and was really embarrassed. He asked us to order another pair which he paid for.

He came over as a very decent genuine guy......

Aw bless, I like it when professional athletes do awkward things I would do.

Sounds like he's a good all around bloke, really focused on his fitness now, and sounds like he's a real nuisance. Genuinely hope he does well, sounds like a good 'un.
  • That is huge money for Kilmarnock. The tv revenue in the SPL is almost non existent compared to the English game. I think each club is guaranteed about £1.2 million which is peanuts by comparison.
  • A very positive performance but lest we forget many people hoped Big Mak had turned a corner when he scored a brace... but it turned out, no he was still not very good. The real test for Magennis will come when we're under pressure and on the back foot and he has to defend from the front - Kermorgant was outstanding in this regard.

Here's hoping!
  • What I found strange last night was the fact that when Shrewsbury were attacking, the ball was mainly cleared to Ajose rather than Magennis as the latter is much better at being able to ensure the ball doesnt come straight back.

Either way having both up top certainly means we'll be a constant threat on the counter attack this season
  • A guy near me knows some Killie fans and their stance was that he would be worth about £10m if he could finish.

I must say I was excited to see we had signed a "wrecking ball with pace and a good attitude" but he seems to be so much more than just that. If he carries on like that he will certainly become a fan favourite.
  • Anyone know why he has his first and last name on his shirt and the big screen?
  • He was class last night. Will cause defenders all sorts of problems.
  • I think it is still a bit early to rush to judgement, but the signs are good so far.
    If he starts blazing good chances over or wide on a regular basis he will be re-evaluated, if he scores with one in four genuine opportunities he will be re-evaluated some more.
    Possibly the key thing is that Novak and Josh seem to be in direct competition and that is a definite interest in the football this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:

I think it is still a bit early to rush to judgement, but the signs are good so far.
    If he starts blazing good chances over or wide on a regular basis he will be re-evaluated, if he scores with one in four genuine opportunities he will be re-evaluated some more.
    Possibly the key thing is that Novak and Josh seem to be in direct competition and that is a definite interest in the football this season.

Agreed - with the caveat that KM or Roly Poly may stick an oar in and try and force Slade to constantly play one and not the other regardless of form or fitness, with an idea to peddling them out for a quick buck come January. Whilst Magennis could be an absolute steal and end up making a hefty profit, the club is unlikely to see much if any of it.
  • thenewbie said:

seth plum said:

I think it is still a bit early to rush to judgement, but the signs are good so far.

Agreed - with the caveat that KM or Roly Poly may stick an oar in and try and force Slade to constantly play one and not the other regardless of form or fitness, with an idea to peddling them out for a quick buck come January. Whilst Magennis could be an absolute steal and end up making a hefty profit, the club is unlikely to see much if any of it.
    You never know with that man, but I just don't think he cares which proper British center forward in their mid-late 20s we play. Would love it if he took a liking to Mcgennis and tried to bring him to STTV.
  • Anyone know why he has his first and last name on his shirt and the big screen?

maybe he doesn't like people thinking his first name is ITRM

• RedChaser said:

Anyone know why he has his first and last name on his shirt and the big screen?

The Josh part is there to avoid any confusion

You see when he went into a Scottish pub with just his surname on his Killie shirt a fight broke out... Apparently one lad turned round to his mate and went: thats Magennis, the mate thought he was trying to steal his pint and all hell broke out
    Agreed, great work. Truly, a doff of the cap sir
  • Really impressed by Josh on Tuesday.
    Finally we have a player capable of filling Yann's boots.
    Worked hard, good touch, will get goals and is a team man. Also liked the respect he gave the two centre halves when he was subbed. Made a point of shaking hands with both before he left the field. Class.
  • Although I still dont see Josh having the technical ability that Yann has...

Yes Josh will be able to give the opposition Defenders a rough game yet I dont ever see a stunning Free-Kick from him like what Yann could provide (Que this now happening against Walsall on Saturday)
  • I remember people saying similar about Pawel Abbot within weeks he was Russ Abbot

Abbott had that one cracking half against ( I think) Peterborough at home