Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Message to CARD.

I have several times confirmed my support for legitimate protest, but on Saturday upon try to enter the Club Shop we were told by an individual stationed by the entrance door not to spend any money. I object very strongly to his approach, he could easily have caused the Police to become involved, which should not be your aim. As it happens we were there just to look, but as I understand Roland does not get any retail profit from the shop, only rent from the franchisee which am sure he has already pocketed. Please be aware that I believe that people like this individual ( short,fat, dressed in dark clothing ) is likely to make your cause more difficult.

Comments

• Options
    I thought the club shop was back to being run by the club now not a franchisee.
  • Options
    No still a franchise - Orient use the same one
  • Options
    MrB said:

I thought the club shop was back to being run by the club now not a franchisee.

No, they extended the deal with Just Sport for another year.

Roland doesn't like the staff headcount to increase so the prerequisite when talking to suppliers was "will you run the shop for us?"

As Adidas, umbro, Hummel etc sell kit rather than run shops KM only had Just Sport as an option.
  • Options
    Nope, not me. Walking my dogs. ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My understanding is that no one was stopped or "told" how to spend their money.

It was a protest not a blockade.

I saw a few people enter without any sort of barracking or blocking before I retired to the pub.
  • Options
    Only Charlton fans...
  • Options
    Wasn't there yesterday, but was told the protesters were recommending people didn't spend their money in the shop not telling them what to do. I''m sure the police would have laughed at you Grandpa if you'd gone crying to them that a naughty protester told you not to go in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some fans seem to think they are members of a trade union, taking industrial action.
  • Options
    Anyway, did you go in to the shop?

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016

Anyway, did you go in to the shop?

Good question @Granpa ? Did you go into the shop after all ? Or did anyone physically prevent you from accessing the shop other than handing you a leaflet and advocating not to shop ? Not having a go, just curious. I understand that you felt a bit uncomfortable and all but you could have gone in no problem ?
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

Granpa said:

I have several times confirmed my support for legitimate protest, but on Saturday upon try to enter the Club Shop we were told by an individual stationed by the entrance door not to spend any money. I object very strongly to his approach, he could easily have caused the Police to become involved, which should not be your aim. As it happens we were there just to look, but as I understand Roland does not get any retail profit from the shop, only rent from the franchisee which am sure he has already pocketed. Please be aware that I believe that people like this individual ( short,fat, dressed in dark clothing ) is likely to make your cause more difficult.

As far as I am aware, we still live in a country where free speech and the right to protest exist ...despite the efforts of the current tyranny,
    Is this LenGlover....??
  • Options

Trained killers blockade the club shop..

Is that Michael Phelps with his death stare on in that photo?