Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Northampton

As usual your marks between 0.5 and 10.0, to help me please keep to the player order below.

Rudd:
Solly:
Fox:
Konsa:
Pearce:
Holmes:
Foley:
Crofts:
Jackson:
Magennis:
Ajose:
Lookman:

Botaka: n/a
Novak: n/a

If yoou wish add your view on each player's performance but please do not add any other remarks about the game as these should be included in the post match thread

Comments

• Options

Rudd: 6
    Solly: 9 MOM
    Fox: 6
    konsa : 7.5
    Pearce: 7
    Holmes: 8
    Foley: 6.5
    Crofts: 6.5
    Jackson: 7
    Magennis : 7
    Ajose: 6
    Lookman : 6
  • Options
    Solly: 7
    Konsa: 5
    Pearce: 6
    Holmes: 6.5
    Foley: 5.5
    Crofts: 6
    Jackson: 6
    Magennis: 7
    Ajose: 6.5
    Lookman: 7
  • Options
    Rudd: 7 - Some good distribution, not a lot to do bar the goal but feel comfortable with him between the sticks
    Solly: 8- Solid at championship level, almost too good for this level.
    Fox: 6- Inconsitent with some good stuff.
    Konsa: 7- Started shaky but looked very composed by the end.
    Pearce: 7 - Solid enough
    Holmes: 6- Tried too much today but clear he is going to be very good at this level
    Foley: 5- As an individual he isn't bad, but too similar to Crofts and Jackson
    Crofts: 6- Improved with Foleys departure
    Jackson: 7- Extra marks for the goal. awful playing "left mid" , game improved as he came into the middle
    Magennis: 7- Strong , Fast , Direct: potential
    Ajose: 6- 4 first half, 7 second , needs. A goal but showed why we paid such an amount for him. Needs service.
    Lookman: 6- Sometimes too greedy but looked improved when he came on.
  • Options
    Rudd: 6 Didn't do anything wrong
    Solly: 7.5 Looks a class apart from the rest.
    Fox: 6.5 Not the best defending but decent getting forward.
    Konsa: 6 He has a lot of potential, not the best first half but solid in the second.
    Pearce: 6 Looked a bit unfit to me but looked ok.
    Holmes: 6.5 The only player to start the game with some creativity and he did well.
    Foley: 6 Does the simple things well but we can't afford to play him, Crofts and Jackson.
    Crofts: 6 Poor first and needs to have his head up when passing. Improved in the second and our goal started with him bringing the ball up the pitch.
    Jackson: 6.5 took his goal well.
    Magennis: 6 looks a handful.
    Ajose: 6 Got a few good shots away but needs more service.
    Lookman: 6.5 Looked lively, don't get why he didn't start.

Botaka: 5
    Novak: 6.5
  • Options
    Rudd: 7 - Like the look of him, little to do and couldn't help the goal
    Solly: 8.5 - Think he's way too good for League 1
    Fox: 7- Good, grew into the game and would have been nearer an 8 if he didn't spray his crosses so much
    Konsa: 6.5- Good game in the end, a lot to learn - good on the ball
    Pearce: 7 - Decent, a bit sluggish at times. Dragged out left for the cross they scored from, need him in there defending those
    Holmes: 7 - Looked like he was trying too hard first half, some promising stuff though - looked a bit tired when brought off
    Foley: 5.5 - Squad player
    Crofts: 7 - Really liked the look of him, good all-rounder
    Jackson: 7.5 - A good player in League 1, looked 'cultured'. Think he'll have a good season
    Magennis: 7- Had a bit more quality than I was expecting and a bit of everything
    Ajose: 6 - Think we'd benefit from him adapting his game to get more involved, snatched a bit at his chances
    Lookman: 6.5 - Lively, needed a bit more end product from him. Could be an absolute menace down a division.

Botaka - At first look, didn't like him. Broke down a lot of our attacks and didn't create anything, also a bit of a show pony. Rubbed me up the wrong way a bit.
    Novak - Forgot what a striker who's actually good in the air looks like
  • Options
    Rudd: 7 - Solid, no reason to worry about him.
    Solly: 7.5 - Good performance. A lot of the play was through our wing backs and he was desperate for us to get a winner in the last 10.
    Fox: 8 - MOTM for me. Thought he had a really good game.
    Konsa: 6 - Few mistakes but overall played well considering his age.
    Pearce: 7 - Solid.
    Holmes: 8 - Couldn't fault his effort all game. That coupled with the stick he was getting from the Northampton fans which didn't seem to bother him.
    Foley: 5.5 - If we had 5 in midfield he could do a job as a defensive midfielder but we didn't need him in the midfield today.
    Crofts: 5 - Weakest link for me. Kicked on a bit in the latter stages but was the main part of the incredibly frustrating centre midfield in the first half. Reckon he's been watching too much rugby and thinks he's not allowed to pass the ball forward.
    Jackson: 7 Seemed to spend the first half playing every midfield position. He shouldn't play on the left again. Anyone who doubts his fitness needs their head examined though. Fantastic to see him get a goal and you could see how much it meant to him.
    Magennis: 6.5 A lot of potential. Can't wait for us to figure out what kind of service he needs. Could be a real threat.
    Ajose: 6.5 Can tell he's very good technically. Once he gets started I think he'll be firing all season. Similar to Magennis in that we don't seem to have unlocked him yet.
    Lookman: 7 He's a different class. Would be such a blow if he was sold.

Botaka: n/a Exactly how I remember him. Needs to pass a bit more and some of the things he tries don't always come off. Work rate was good though.
    Novak: n/a I didn't notice him do anything
  • Options
    Rudd: 7.5 comfortable
    Solly: 8 excellent 2nd half
    Fox: 7.5 needs more cover
    Konsa: 6.5 some errors, but clearly a good player there
    Pearce: 6.5
    Holmes: 7.5 we lost shape when he went off I felt. Can he only do 60 mins? Like him
    Foley: 5. bit anonymous
    Crofts: 6 kept going
    Jackson: 6.5 thought he did ok
    Magennis: 6.5 once he's settled think he'll be good
    Ajose: 6 tried but little service
    Lookman: 7 some mistakes but looked a threat
  • Options
    Konsa: 6
    Foley: 4
    Crofts: 4.5
    Magennis: 6
    Lookman: 6.5
  • Options
    Do people take a dislike to certain players, because I thought Crofts had an excellent game.
    But then I'm a woman, so what do I know?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa: 5 - looks dodgy
    Holmes: 7.5
    Foley: 5.5
    Jackson: 6.5
    Magennis: 6.5

• Options
    Solly: 5
    Konsa: 5.5
    Foley: 4.5
    Crofts: 5.5

Botaka: n/a
  • Options
    Fox: 7.5 had a spring in his step hopefully more to come
    Konsa: 7 started off shaky but grew into it
    Pearce: 7 solid
    Holmes: 7 - work horse proper tried his heart out. Shame he was subbed off.
    Foley: 4.5 - too slow
    Crofts: 4 - really not impressed
    Jackson: 6 - shocking first half. Improved a when he went forward more in the second. Good finish.
    Magennis: 8 - looked a real handful, like Holmes should have stayed on.
    Ajose: - 8 very impressed with him, when he got the service he was able to create chances as well as pick out a decent pass.
    Lookman - 6.5. Think too much is expected of him at such a young age but looked a live wire when coming on. Should be starting
  • Options
    Solly: 8
    Fox: 6.5
    Konsa: 7
    Foley: 5
    Crofts: 5.5
    Ajose: 5.5
    Lookman: 6
  • Options
    Rudd: 6 - Didn't really notice him which is probably a good thing?
    Solly: 9 - Excellent, both defensively and as a creative outlet
    Fox: 5.5 - few good crosses in the first half but basic
    Konsa: 7 - encouraging. Bit shaky at the beginning but looked like a very cool customer
    Pearce: 6.5 - Bit disapppointed at his lack of presence
    Holmes: 9 - Star man that brought us back into the game. Ran at defenders and single handedly injected the tempo back into CAFC
    Foley: 4 - Basic and kept slowing the game down!
    Crofts: 6.5 Better second half but was part of the problem 1st half with terrible long balls.
    Jackson: 6.5 - Poor first half but in the middle was better 2nd. Very good finish
    Magennis: 7.5 - Battled well I thought. Won a few lost causes first half.
    Ajose: 5 - Thought Ajose was poor. His effort with his back to goal was very good though
    Lookman: 6.5 - Release the ball earlier please. Was another creative outlet though on the break.

Botaka - Very poor when he came on. Looked like a polar bear in Madrid
    Novak - Good when he came on! Held up the ball and rolled passes into strikers.
  • Options

Do people take a dislike to certain players, because I thought Crofts had an excellent game.

Well there you go, you've answered your own question
    Nothing, obviously .
  • Options

Well there you go, you've answered your own question
    Nothing, obviously .
    I was only kidding Cyril. Crofts massively improved 2nd half
  • Options
    Rudd: 6 - nothing to do but did it well.
    Solly: 8 - MOTM. Extra mark for the late block that saved the game.
    Fox: 6 - some good stuff, some bad. Found his level.
    Konsa: 6 - extra Mark for perseverance after some first half wobbles. Good prospect. Not ready to be a regular starter.
    Pearce: 5 - wasn't very impressed.
    Holmes: 7. Our main attacking threat. Lost impetus when he went off. Got kicked shitless.
    Foley: 4. Slow and offered nothing
    Crofts: 5. Slow and offered a little more than Foley
    Jackson: 6 - slow and offered about as much as the other two midfield stooges. Extra point for the goal. Clearly meant a lot to him. Fair play.
    Magennis: 6 - curates egg. Big unit. May be useful. May be a donkey. Will wait to judge.
    Ajose: 5.5 - wasn't impressed. Need to play to his strengths whatever they may be.
    Lookman: 5. Overdid everything. Need him starting but need him playing for the team too.

Botaka - will give him a few games before judging but on the genius to headless chicken scale my early money is on Necky McCluckcluck.

Novak - D didn't notice him
  • Options
    Fox: 6.5 shocking 1st half, much better in the second.
    Konsa: 6.5 ditto.
    Foley: 6
    Crofts: 7
    Jackson: 6.5 would be 6 if not for the goal, not entirely his fault but if you are put wide left then you should play wide left.
    Ajose: 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Konsa: 7
    Pearce: 5
    Holmes: 7
    Crofts: 5
    Jackson: 7
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Rudd: 7 - not at fault
    Solly: 8 - will get 8's and 9's all season in this league
    Fox: 7 - did not deserve the shit he was getting from some knobs
    Konsa: 6.5 - can only learn and improve
    Pearce: 6.5 - solid
    Holmes: 7 - always looked to make things happen
    Foley: 5 - anonymous
    Crofts: 6 - like Foley
    Jackson: 6.5 - extra point for the goal
    Magennis: 7 - good debut
    Ajose: 6 - marked out of game
    Lookman: 7 - a real threat but I don't believe he wants to be here
  • Options
    Fox: 7
    Foley: 7
    Magennis: 6.5
    Ajose: 6.5
    Lookman: 6.5
  • Options
    Rudd: 6 Looks a proper keeper, but had little to do.
    Solly: 7.5 Excellent 2nd half, some wonderrful tackles MOM.
    Fox: 6 Decent coming forward, not so defending.
    Konsa: 5 Very shaky first half, better 2nd half.
    Pearce: 6 Decent.
    Holmes: 7 Probably best player until he was subbed, presumably after getting crunched for the 2nd game running.
    Foley: 6 Quietish, but competent.
    Crofts: 6 Some poor passing but put himself about & even started passing forwards after half an hour.
    Jackson: 6.5 Looked okish today. Extra 0.5 for the goal.
    Magennis: 6 Good debut looks useful. Big & strong.
    Ajose: 6 There's a player in there with the right support. it's just not happening for him.
    Lookman: 6.5 Came on looked really good, but then faded a bit.

Botaka: n/a Looked unfit and not great. But once again there could be a player in there.
    Novak: n/a Very good 10 mins a couple of lovely flicked headers.

• Options
    Fox: 7
    Holmes: 7
    Crofts: 5
    Magennis: 7.5
    Ajose: 7
  • Options
    Ruddy - 6.5 Largely untested
    Solly - 8 MOM - just different class at this level
    Fox - 5.5 - thought he was generally quite poor, games like this he will need to more going forward thought his final ball was average at best.
    Pearce - 6 - struggled in parts, thought he left Konsa to deal with Ravell in the first half which was terrible mismatch
    Konsa - 6 - obviously a real player in there, naive and bullied in parts which is to expected especially up against a seasoned pro like Ravell.
    Holmes - 7 - liked him a lot, direct and can play inside well - faded after he came off
    Foley - 5 - sideways
    Crofts - 7 - uses the ball well in the main, experienced, improved second when a little further up the pitch
    Jackson 6 - never scores unimportant goals, worry generally long term where we'd play him
    Ajose 6.5 - fear I'll be saying this all season to be honest, SERVICE! Looks bright in and around the area, dropped off to get more involved with play in the second and linked up well
    Magennis - 6 - bullish and industrious, needs time to settle

Lookman 6.5 - he doesn't always get it right but least he's putting himself in situations to get it wrong, bright and looked confident - only Russell knows why he doesn't start.

Bokata - He'll only get better .... He couldn't get any worse!

Novak - short period of time but thought he done well, looks surprisingly better in the air than magennis, wouldn't write him off as the better partner for Ajose
  • Options

Rudd: 7 not a lot to do
    Solly: 8 silly boy is still at this club.
    Fox: 6.5 game of two halves for him. Thought he was brilliant second half and awful in the first
    Konsa: 7 started slow but improved massively. A lot better than Tuesday night IMO and made some good tackles
    Pearce: 6.5 solid
    Holmes: 7.5 if he wasn't injured then a very poor decision to take him off. Was our only player willing to drive forward in the 1st half
    Foley: 5 not great in that midfield
    Crofts: 6 improved second half. Unlucky not to score
    Jackson: 6.5 extra point for the goal. Anonymous in the 1st half and improved when going in the middle. We still need a creative midfielder otherwise we will again lack goals
    Magennis: 7 good game. Will do well in this league. We need a big man and he's a big man
    Ajose: 6.5 decent player just needs service!
    Lookman: 6 I think his free kick was going to hit the bar. He needs to look up and pass. Decision making not good but will do this season if we manage to keep him

Botaka: n/a not great but will reserve judgement for now
  • Options
    konsa : 6 Good potential but why wasn't Bauer playing?
    Holmes: 7.5 trying too hard
    Foley: 6
    Jackson: 6 (extra point for his neat goal)
    Magennis : 6
    Ajose: 6.5 made the goal
    Lookman : 7 different class

Bokata: confidence player - not much confidence at the moment.
  • Options
    Rudd. 6.
    Solly. 8.5
    Konsa. 6.5
    Pearce 6
    Fox. 5.5
    Holmes. 7
    Crofts. 6
    Foley. 6.5
    Jackson. 6
    Ajose. 6
    Magennis. 7

Lookman. 6.5
    Botaka. 5
    Novak. 5
  • Options
    >Rudd: 6 good distribution but not a lot to do
    Solly: 8 mr consistent
    Fox: 7 some good some bad. Typical mixed bag from Foxy
    Konsa: 6.5 couple of shaky moments early on but I think he was excellent thereafter
    Pearce: 6 did what he had to do
    Holmes: 6.5 looked good but tried too hard.
    Foley: 5 ok but not as good as Crofts in that position
    Crofts: 6.5 tidy. Surprised about some of the comments about him
    Magennis: 7.5 very solid debut. Once Ajose learns his game they'll be awkward
    Ajose: 7 best game from him. Managed to create some chances and got more involved.

Lookman: 6 Exciting but needs to think more about the team as opposed to his highlights