Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's cobblers match thread 13/8/16

edited August 2016 in General Charlton
Afternoon folks, well here we are at the first home game match thread of the season........will the Addicks notch their first win? Indeed will they show the fans/customers that winning was as easy as ABC??
I fancy us for 3 points, but they need to step up from last weeks debacle that's for sure!!!

I'll bring you the teams as soon as I have them.............COYR's

Comments

• edited August 2016
    CHARLTON | Rudd, Solly, Konsa, Pearce, Fox, Holmes, Foley, Crofts, Jackson, Magennis, Ajose #cafc
  • BFG on the bench!!
  • Jackson, Foley and Crofts in midfield again :neutral:
  • The bench looks brilliant compared to last week. Still going to struggle with those CM's.
  • Yeah that midfield isn't great to see. Maybe he'll switch Holmes to the left wing and play Foley on the right... Maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• What is Slade doing with that midfield?
    Out of his depth!
  • edited August 2016
    Pissed off Lookman ain't starting

0 pace in the middle again
  • At least the bench looks a lot stronger than last week, but with the exception of Holmes a very suspect midfield. Expect a lot of long balls aimed at Magennis
  • Midfield's a little disappointing, but that's a pretty strong bench
  • I assumed that was the case anyway

Foley - Crofts - Jackson - Holmes

- Ajose - Magennis
  • What has Lookman got to do to start? Imagine watching Jackson playing on the wing instead of you.
  • Oh yes and good afternoon RM
  • CafcSteve said:

What is Slade doing with that midfield?
    Out of his depth!

Playing who we've got?

Sadly it's not good enough.
  • I see Slade as a Curbs/Powell type manager in the sense that he likes to play one winger and one wide midfielder rather than two out and out wingers, so that's why Lookman doesn't get to start. With the pace we have in the middle it's not the worst idea. The problem is we don't have an appropriate wide midfielder anymore than we have the right centre mids. You can guarantee that if Cousins were still here he'd be playing wide midfield.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see Slade as a Curbs/Powell type manager in the sense that he likes to play one winger and one wide midfielder rather than two out and out wingers, so that's why Lookman doesn't get to start. With the pace we have in the middle it's not the worst idea. The problem is we don't have an appropriate wide midfielder anymore than we have the right centre mids. You can guarantee that if Cousins were still here he'd be playing wide midfield.

I'm not averse to playing 3 central midfielders but I am averse to playing Jacko on the left and a right back in midfield
  • edited August 2016
    The midfield is pathetic. Jacko on the left hasn't ever worked. It's even worse than Jacko in the middle. He must be getting told not to start Lookman
  • Long ball day
  • Diplomatic withdrawal of Johnson, perhaps.
  • The midfield is pathetic. Jacko on the left hasn't ever worked. It's even worse than Jacko in the middle. He must be getting told not to start Lookman

Probably just protection of an 18 yo who started midweek and has had a tournament over the summer. Good to have come on 2nd half and rip them a new one
  • edited August 2016
    Right let's look at my special CL ABC letter...

"Dear Mr S.Jones... dad de dah de da...."

SHIT BOLLOCKS CNUT FECK TWAT!!!!

Cmon you Addicks!
  • Botaka will start on the wing next week after a full weeks training. Bauer will start next week as well. Still glaringly obvious we need at least one new central midfielder
  • The midfield is pathetic. Jacko on the left hasn't ever worked. It's even worse than Jacko in the middle. He must be getting told not to start Lookman

Not so much told not to start him, but he knows as soon as an offer comes in he's gone, so trying not to be reliant early on.

Interest in Lookman accelerated on Monday just gone but valuation by the club led to two clubs going cold.

Expect this one to rumble on for a while.
  • wmcf123 said:

I see Slade as a Curbs/Powell type manager in the sense that he likes to play one winger and one wide midfielder rather than two out and out wingers, so that's why Lookman doesn't get to start. With the pace we have in the middle it's not the worst idea. The problem is we don't have an appropriate wide midfielder anymore than we have the right centre mids. You can guarantee that if Cousins were still here he'd be playing wide midfield.

I'm not averse to playing 3 central midfielders but I am averse to playing Jacko on the left and a right back in midfield
    Agreed. It's weird that we've signed another winger, but still don't have the players for what Slade will want to do. Really he'll be wanting a creative centre mid and a player who can comfortably play wide mid either side
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!