Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tips for a new fan.

BDLBDL
edited August 2016 in General Charlton
Well, it's my first time as a fan at the Valley since 1985 having worked at every game since we returned from exile (bar 4 friendlies!).

Are there any tips for me? Fill your boots!

Comments

• Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
    I would start out with very low expectations, and then any remotely positive thing that happens on the pitch is a plus.

Don't purchase anything in the ground.

Don't forget your black & white scarf !
  • Options
    Stay away! ;)
  • Options
    Yes, Don't go.
  • Options
    First round in the pub on you BDL
  • Options

Stay away! ;)

Kidding of course. I hear shouting loudly at a window is one of the main attractions!
  • Options
    Stay at home...

...if you must go just don't buy anything from in the ground, it's frowned on these days. I would say enjoy the football but I doubt that's possible. I'm sure you'll be fine I can imagine you'd probably have quite a few people coming up to you and asking you questions.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There's a new competition - see how many stress balls you can stuff down yer troosers.
  • Options
    Don't inflate your beachball before you hide it in your pants. It's uncomfortable and you get strange looks from people.
  • Options
    If they've tried to sell you a seat on a lovely comfy sofa pitch side...you've been done pal!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Sit in the north upper if you want a fag at half time.
  • Options
    Come on Dave, "You know what you gotta do!"
  • Options
    On the pitch, On the pitch, On the pitch!
  • Options
    Get in a good seat early so you can win the pie cam.

Bring your ABC so you can get in.

Go to the Lib

Ignore the tannoy man, everyone else does.

Don't sit near @addickted, you know why.

Make some noise and get behind the boys
  • Options
    SIDDARN!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let us know how you get on. I hear we are under Belgian ownership, crazy eh? I have heard a whisper that it's not going particularly well... let us know BDL.
  • Options

Stay at home...

...if you must go just don't buy anything from in the ground, it's frowned on these days. I would say enjoy the football but I doubt that's possible. I'm sure you'll be fine I can imagine you'd probably have quite a few people coming up to you and asking you questions.

I feel it is important to point out that if you decide not to go to the game you don't actually have to "stay at home". Currently KM is still working on house arrest for disaffected fans. It is not yet binding.
  • Options
    Make the most of your new freedom: -
    Heckle the pitchside announcer
    Have fun trying to decipher the grating, burbling drivel coming through the tannoy
    Wonder at the parade of unknown dignatories receiving some indecipherable guff on the pitch.
    Above all enjoy the match day experience; but of course don' t buy a programme, don't buy any merchandise, don't buy any food or drink in the ground and above all don't bother going as you will be supporting the regime.
    Enjoy :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Wear as much red and white possible, including new home shirt, only buy food and drink in the stadium, buy a matchday programme, clap enthusiastically at everything Charlton do and only sing pro RD and KM songs.

See how long you last
  • Options
    Bring your own cushions - last year's have a little too much wear and tear on them...
  • Options
    Find a better club!
  • Options
    Boo the pitch announcer
  • Options
    Get behind Roger Johnson and MAKE SOME NOISE.
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Boo the pitch announcer

Don't boo. Just sing "you're just a shit Dave Lockwood" to him.
    Now that is good :smiley: