Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Letter and e-mail to Cliff Eager (Duty Safety Officer)

Dear Mr Eager (Duty Safety Officer),

I am writing (and e-mailing you) in relation to the club’s continuing employment of someone whom I believe should be subject to one of the Club’s ‘Agreed Behavioural Contracts (ABC) before being allowed into The Valley again.
I refer to Katrien Meire who (as CEO of Charlton Athletic) was censured by the British Advertising Standards Authority (BASA) in 2015 for screening material with a sexual content within an advertising campaign (Score at The Valley) which could have been viewed by children. The BASA said that the sexual content made it unsuitable for children and that running the ad on Charlton Athletic’s official YouTube channel meant that it was likely to be seen by young fans. This incident reflected poorly on Charlton Athletic FC’s reputation as a family club.

Furthermore, the said person (Mlle. Katrien Meire) has made certain comments within the written media (L’Echo, Brussels newspaper 28th Sept. 2015) which were not constructive to the well-being of Charlton Athletic. These words “Je ne devrais pas le dire, mais je me fous de l’historie du club’’ (loosely translated as “I shouldn’t say this but I don’t care about the history of the club”) are deeply disrespectful to the Club which employs her and the many thousands of Charlton fans who hold the history of the club very dear. The interview she gave and her words may still be found on the L’Echo website and the insult remains in public view without any subsequent apology having been forthcoming. You may be aware also that Katrien Meire has more recently made comments about Charlton Athletic fans which are still the subject of an investigation by Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust (CAST) as again, no apology has been issued.

I know you will wish to listen and act upon the above information as a matter of urgency. Therefore, I request that you intercept Mlle. Meire prior to her arrival at The Valley tomorrow for the home game v Northampton Town, with two copies of the ABC.

Please ensure that Mlle. Meire agrees to refrain from making further inflammatory and disrespectful comments about Charlton Athletic (and its fans) and signs the ABC letter to this effect before she is granted entry. Please retain one copy for posting onto the official CAFC website.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration and further actions in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Comments

• Options
    Ha ha, nice twist, Coyote.
  • Options
    Does anyone want to draft one up about Roger Johnson? I would but I'm afraid they might try to ban me for swearing when quoting what he said.
  • Options
    Excellent.

I was thinking of sending similar myself but your missive is far better than my effort would have been.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Ha ha, nice twist, Coyote.

Something similar for Johnson and any future club gaffe methinks.
  • Options
    Nice work
  • Options
    I would suggest this presents a great opportunity when the CARD ceasefire ends as it surely will at some point with this shower in charge. At that time, KM could be presented with an ABC from CARD threatening that failure to sign it will mean the re-activation of protests!
  • Options
    I've liked it. Unfortunately, i was not able to also give it 100 LOL's
  • Options

I think we should sing The Jackson Five's " ABC "at some point tomorrow....

Poison Arrow by ABC would be more apt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I emailed Constable Eager this morning and have yet to get a reply, Suspect he might have had a busy day.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Sung whilst pointing at KM and her cronies!

Who wrote that letter
    You did You did
    You think you're smart
    Stupid, stupid
    Post that poison letter through my door or or or

I prefer Henry's lyrics for the last line;
    'Stick that poison letter up your a*se'

Can't beat a bit of Tamla though Fanny :wink:
  • Options
    yes, I must admit, it does work better!
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Sung whilst pointing at KM and her cronies!

Who wrote that letter
    You did You did
    You think you're smart
    Stupid, stupid
    Post that poison letter through my door or or or

I prefer Henry's lyrics for the last line;
    'Stick that poison letter up your a*se'

Can't beat a bit of Tamla though Fanny :wink:
    Too right, RC !

They don't make 'em like that anymore .

• Options
    mogodon said:

I emailed Constable Eager this morning and have yet to get a reply, Suspect he might have had a busy day.

Me too, without reply either.
  • Options

Dear Mr Eager (Duty Safety Officer),

I am writing (and e-mailing you) in relation to the club’s continuing employment of someone whom I believe should be subject to one of the Club’s ‘Agreed Behavioural Contracts (ABC) before being allowed into The Valley again.
    I refer to Katrien Meire who (as CEO of Charlton Athletic) was censured by the British Advertising Standards Authority (BASA) in 2015 for screening material with a sexual content within an advertising campaign (Score at The Valley) which could have been viewed by children. The BASA said that the sexual content made it unsuitable for children and that running the ad on Charlton Athletic’s official YouTube channel meant that it was likely to be seen by young fans. This incident reflected poorly on Charlton Athletic FC’s reputation as a family club.

Furthermore, the said person (Mlle. Katrien Meire) has made certain comments within the written media (L’Echo, Brussels newspaper 28th Sept. 2015) which were not constructive to the well-being of Charlton Athletic. These words “Je ne devrais pas le dire, mais je me fous de l’historie du club’’ (loosely translated as “I shouldn’t say this but I don’t care about the history of the club”) are deeply disrespectful to the Club which employs her and the many thousands of Charlton fans who hold the history of the club very dear. The interview she gave and her words may still be found on the L’Echo website and the insult remains in public view without any subsequent apology having been forthcoming. You may be aware also that Katrien Meire has more recently made comments about Charlton Athletic fans which are still the subject of an investigation by Charlton Athletic Supporters Trust (CAST) as again, no apology has been issued.

I know you will wish to listen and act upon the above information as a matter of urgency. Therefore, I request that you intercept Mlle. Meire prior to her arrival at The Valley tomorrow for the home game v Northampton Town, with two copies of the ABC.

Please ensure that Mlle. Meire agrees to refrain from making further inflammatory and disrespectful comments about Charlton Athletic (and its fans) and signs the ABC letter to this effect before she is granted entry. Please retain one copy for posting onto the official CAFC website.

Thank you in advance for your kind consideration and further actions in this matter.

Yours sincerely

Brilliant. Post of the year.
  • Options
    Address any mail to Officer Dibble and Top Kat.
  • Options
    I also emailed him, though not as eloquently as the OP !
  • Options

As someone who works in a very high profile firm in a PR job I would just say that sending emails is not a very effective way to get to this particular moron, emails are easily ignored.

What you need to do - and we've had this done to execs at my firm - is bombard the clueless fucker with phone calls.

Just keep phoning the main switch and ask to be put through to him, this is a massive pain in the arse as it chokes up the main switch and it forces a response because you can't ignore phone calls very easily.

Better still if someone has his desk number......

Ah, now there's an idea. I have free calls from my office landline, and August is always a bit slow.

I want a reassurance that if he finds me guilty of "anti-social behaviour", he is not going to pass his judgement on to friends at the Border Police...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about a chant at todays game

ABC not for me !
  • Options
    I bet Cliff isn't too keen to receive anymore letters.

Christ, that was bad, even by my low standards. :wink:
  • Options
    Lookeylikeys
  • Options

As someone who works in a very high profile firm in a PR job I would just say that sending emails is not a very effective way to get to this particular moron, emails are easily ignored.

What you need to do - and we've had this done to execs at my firm - is bombard the clueless fucker with phone calls.

Just keep phoning the main switch and ask to be put through to him, this is a massive pain in the arse as it chokes up the main switch and it forces a response because you can't ignore phone calls very easily.

Ah, now there's an idea. I have free calls from my office landline, and August is always a bit slow.

I want a reassurance that if he finds me guilty of "anti-social behaviour", he is not going to pass his judgement on to friends at the Border Police...

Nothing anti social about making a phone call!

Be as polite as you can, the point is that calls are that much harder to ignore.

I can honestly guarantee you now that people in elected office or in business aren't that bothered by emails - they could come from anyone - but phone calls are very different, much harder to ignore.

Our CEO gets very nervous when calls come in because it means people are so pissed off they will go that bit further to make contact.
  • Options

Be as polite as you can, the point is that calls are that much harder to ignore.

I can honestly guarantee you now that people in elected office or in business aren't that bothered by emails - they could come from anyone - but phone calls are very different, much harder to ignore.

Our CEO gets very nervous when calls come in because it means people are so pissed off they will go that bit further to make contact.
    Key in PC Eager's letter is the word "deemed". Anything can be deemed to be abusive, it's purely subjective. So the 'club' can deem Roland out chants or West Stand protests to be abusive and ban the entire 2% who oppose the regime.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

Key in PC Eager's letter is the word "deemed". Anything can be deemed to be abusive, it's purely subjective. So the 'club' can deem Roland out chants or West Stand protests to be abusive and ban the entire 2% who oppose the regime.
    I agree totally with this. A person can announce with gravitas and conviction that this or that has been 'deemed' as if that adds some kind of truth or reality to the situation when it is essentially the opinion of one individual.
    Deemed is one of those crap words like 'just' or 'professional'.
  • Options

Address any mail to Officer Dibble and Top Kat.

Address any mail to Officer Dipshit and Top Twat more like
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    So you didn't pay your "Bus fare" you slag your nicked.
    Interested to see if NLA has any tales for an insiders point of view. ;)