Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Response from the club re Behavioural Contracts

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-statement-3243379.aspx

I don't suppose this will get the same level of social media coverage but at least they have responded swiftly to something. In truth it shouldn't have ever got into the public eye since it was a matter between an individual and the club and was, it sees, resolved.

I think this is hugely damaging for the club and, again, has got blown way out of proportion - the truth is much less glamourous than the letter would have people believe.

I hope the person who got the letter is proud of themself though - they come out of it looking like a wonderful person....

Comments

• Options
    There is a bigger problem here though - i know numerous people who have been intimidated by the club and haven't renewed this season for fear of Similar actions.

@boggzy for invading the pitch.
    The Belgian lot for there antics.
    @Airman Brown has been confronted by Katrien if i remember correctly.
    @LouisMend confronted for being negative by Slade.
    @The_President for visiting Katrins family's house.

I know i have had several calls with the club about last seasons antics. and i believe if we all renewed this season they would have done the same to us.

There is definitely an agenda of intimidating the ring leaders of the protests. and trying to silence us. to a certain extent it is working because many dont want to go back to Belgium and most people haven't renewed so wont be in the stadium this season to protest.
  • Options

Swisdom said:

I don't suppose this will get the same level of social media coverage but at least they have responded swiftly to something. In truth it shouldn't have ever got into the public eye since it was a matter between an individual and the club and was, it sees, resolved.

I think this is hugely damaging for the club and, again, has got blown way out of proportion - the truth is much less glamourous than the letter would have people believe.

I hope the person who got the letter is proud of themself though - they come out of it looking like a wonderful person....

Swisdom said:

Surprised you're allowed to comment. On the payroll aren't you?
    Really I thought he (his company) carried out works for the good of the club ? Doesn't this suggest he does it "gratis"
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

There is a bigger problem here though - i know numerous people who have been intimidated by the club and haven't renewed this season for fear of Similar actions.

I know i have had several calls with the club about last seasons antics. and i believe if we all renewed this season they would have done the same to us.

There is definitely an agenda of intimidating the ring leaders of the protests. and trying to silence us. to a certain extent it is working because many dont want to go back to Belgium and most people haven't renewed so wont be in the stadium this season to protest.

Are there any trade unions at RD's company who might have experienced similar problems with intimidation - if so it might be worth sharing notes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sm said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Are there any trade unions at RD's company who might have experienced similar problems with intimidation - if so it might be worth sharing notes.
    I doubt that very much
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Blown out of proportion? Are you kidding me, they are trying to take away the blokes legal right to express himself, it's bollocks.

Have you seen the tweets in question? They may not make him look wonderful, but it makes the club look like the bullying fuckwits they are. Your post just makes you look a bit of a bellend.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

SCAB!!!

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

I agree that the club's response was fair and quick. The guy shouldn't have posted a matter between him and the club however it is his right to do so.

However, the fact that they can waste their time calling in an abusive fan for a meeting but not an abusive player (Roger Johnson) is ridiculous. So fuck RJ and fuck the club.
  • Options
    Apologiesd for what calling them the shit fuck fools they are

They have dragged this club to a totally different level of ridicule

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Blown out of proportion? Are you kidding me, they are trying to take away the blokes legal right to express himself, it's bollocks.

Have you seen the tweets in question? They may not make him look wonderful, but it makes the club look like the bullying fuckwits they are. Your post just makes you look a bit of a bellend.
    I haven't seen the tweets - or seen the video footage they are talking about but it was obviously suitably vitriolic they felt the need to ask him to stop. Which he agreed to do and apologised. And everyone could and should have just got on with their lives.

Did you order the video footage to be taken like you did behind the west stand after Boro??
  • Options
    "the truth is much less glamourous than the letter would have people believe"

The club didn't write a very good letter then did they?
  • Options
    WSS said:

Swisdom said:

I'm not praising the club - they had to respond because it was all getting out of hand.

The person in question obviously had to answer for their behaviour, did so, apologised and it all ended amicably. That should have been the end of it.

But that's not true is it? It wasn't about apologising for actions at all. He was told that he would only receive his season ticket if he signed a contract saying that he would not say anything derogatory or inflammatory in the future.

The club's statement does not relate to the words in the letter sent.
    And I quote

The club also discussed the video footage, after which the individual apologised on several occasions for his behaviour and assured the club that he would not continue to engage in an abusive manner.

He was accompanied by the Chairman of the Charlton Athletic Supporters’ Trust who witnessed the individual’s apology.

The meeting ended amicably and, as he appeared sincere in his apology, the club handed the individual his 2016/17 season ticket and he was not asked to sign an Agreed Behavioural Contract
  • Options
    So how does that statement relate to the letter, the letter is dated before the Bury game!
  • Options

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

I haven't seen the tweets - or seen the video footage they are talking about but it was obviously suitably vitriolic they felt the need to ask him to stop. Which he agreed to do and apologised. And everyone could and should have just got on with their lives.

Did you order the video footage to be taken like you did behind the west stand after Boro??
    I'm not sure who you think I am - but you are wrong. I'm just a fan