Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

''Support the team not the regime''

Do people on here enjoy chatting shit?
I see this spouted on almost every regime related thread but there have already been 2 or 3 witch hunt threads about Slades and we haven't even had a home game yet!
We are playing our part in sending our team down the leagues. Yes we want the regime gone, but 2 official games into the season and we are all slating the team and manager already.

Be happy we have some quality players and manager with experience in the English game and at this level.
KM already thinks we are stupid, why prove her right?

And as Slade mentioned, lots behind the scenes were wrong when he arrived, he's having to fix that and get a strong team together, give the guy a break. We all say we need stability and stop changing managers every 5 months but the same people saying this already dislike Slade and thinks he should resign.

Laughable really

Comments

• Options
    It's the regime's team - the two can't be separated.

So supporting the team IS supporting the regime (and their decisions/'vision') whether anyone likes it or not.

Everything about the club will remain poisonous unless they go.
  • Options

I hate Millwall more.

Has your account been hacked mate?

or have you seen the light at last?
  • Options

I hate Millwall more.

Has your account been hacked mate?

or have you seen the light at last?
    he's had too much sun today. He's probably already got one but i would suggest a white Lacoste peaked cap. Seems to be all the rage in spannerworld.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    I agree with the belief that the team and regime are indivisible at the moment.

In the initial decline there were a lot of players who were from the era before but now... Only a few, Solly, Fox and Jackson I think... The new players that come in I associate with the new regime in a lot of ways, not saying they are nasty or anything (Johnson aside) but they are definitely "regime signings"
  • Options
    Not trying to be confrontational, but if a regime is indivisible from the team, how have you supported this team for so long? While this may be the worst we have had plenty of poor ownership and poor managers over the years and have had a number of real lows in club history. Does that mean you eventually follow a different club if it gets too bad? In that case are you truly a club supporter? I hate RD as much as anyone but to me the best course to him selling is to get back to the championship as he won't get the sale price necessary to make it worth his while in league one. By not buying tickets, it is only lowering the budget and we all know he has tight budgetary constraints around player purchases. I hate putting money in his pocket but to me it seems a necessary evil. I know I may be the exception here on this but it is a real catch 22 in my mind
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    As long as our current CEO is in charge at the valley. I won't be.
  • Options
    The team is the regime.
  • Options

Not trying to be confrontational, but if a regime is indivisible from the team, how have you supported this team for so long? While this may be the worst we have had plenty of poor ownership and poor managers over the years and have had a number of real lows in club history. Does that mean you eventually follow a different club if it gets too bad? In that case are you truly a club supporter? I hate RD as much as anyone but to me the best course to him selling is to get back to the championship as he won't get the sale price necessary to make it worth his while in league one. By not buying tickets, it is only lowering the budget and we all know he has tight budgetary constraints around player purchases. I hate putting money in his pocket but to me it seems a necessary evil. I know I may be the exception here on this but it is a real catch 22 in my mind

There is a huge difference - the others always wanted the best for the team on the pitch.

This lot don't give a fuck what happens on the pitch when it comes to the crunch.
  • Options

I see this spouted on almost every regime related thread but there have already been 2 or 3 witch hunt threads about Slades and we haven't even had a home game yet!
    We are playing our part in sending our team down the leagues. Yes we want the regime gone, but 2 official games into the season and we are all slating the team and manager already.

Be happy we have some quality players and manager with experience in the English game and at this level.

And as Slade mentioned, lots behind the scenes were wrong when he arrived, he's having to fix that and get a strong team together, give the guy a break. We all say we need stability and stop changing managers every 5 months but the same people saying this already dislike Slade and thinks he should resign.

Laughable really

You say "we are all slating the team and manager" @joshshrewcafc so that must include you?

Or do you mean SOME people.

Fans don't send teams done, poor owners, poor managers and poor players do that or do you still believe that if we all sing that we'll win. If so Father Christmas has a present for you.
  • Options

Laughable really

You say "we are all slating the team and manager" @joshshrewcafc so that must include you?

Fans don't send teams done, poor owners, poor managers and poor players do that or do you still believe that if we all sing that we'll win. If so Father Christmas has a present for you.
    Its actually a psychologically proven fact that increased support improves a teams performance. So if we can help play a part, even if small, we should.
  • Options

Laughable really

Its actually a psychologically proven fact that increased support improves a teams performance. So if we can help play a part, even if small, we should.
    Source for that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Laughable really

It's a load of BS. How has a team ever won away from home ?
  • Options

Laughable really

The psychologist who wrote that has clearly never included Sunderland & Newcastle in his research.
    If you lived in the North East you wouldn't have included Sunderland or Newcastle either at the moment!
  • Options

Laughable really

The psychologist who wrote that has clearly never included Sunderland & Newcastle in his research.
    They are two teams that I think even charlton could have beaten last season. It could be argued that it's likely the support they both have played a large factor in keeping Sunderland in the PL and Newcastle from not getting relegated earlier.
  • Options

Laughable really

They are two teams that I think even charlton could have beaten last season. It could be argued that it's likely the support they both have played a large factor in keeping Sunderland in the PL and Newcastle from not getting relegated earlier.
    Both clubs have delusions of grandeur!
  • Options
    If you intend to support this season by attending away games only, then it sounds like there's a brilliant & cheap way to do so on the horizon....

Watch out for news of a new coach service to be announced tomorrow, starting with the Fleetwood trip at a whopping £8 cheaper than Valley Away !!! ( if the tom toms heard tonight are correct)

What a fantastic way to support the team, NOT the regime !!
  • Options

Laughable really

Source for that?
    Tomato (sorry, wrong thread)