Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away tickets - restrictive sale

So I could be wrong....but it appears the club are now making it VERY difficult for anyone wanting to purchase an away ticket unless you are a season ticket holder or Valley Gold member, which will prevent all those fans that said they would only attend away games this year from possibly doing so!

Nice.

Comments

• Options
    Wasnt the Bury game on general sale from the start.
  • Options
    In what way is it difficult?
  • Options
    braydex said:

So I could be wrong....but it appears the club are now making it VERY difficult for anyone wanting to purchase an away ticket unless you are a season ticket holder or Valley Gold member, which will prevent all those fans that said they would only attend away games this year from possibly doing so!

Nice.

Why do you say this ? I believe you to be incorrect. Please explain to all, why this is not an untrue, unnecessary negative post.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Tickets for Charlton’s trip to Highbury Stadium to face Fleetwood Town on Saturday, September 10th are on restricted sale.

We have been handed an allocation of 1,123 tickets – which are split between standing and seating – and they are currently on sale to all season ticket holders that are also Valley Gold members, who can buy up to two tickets.

From Tuesday, August 16th, eligibility extends to season tickets holders and Valley Gold members. Supporters that purchased tickets in advance for either Bury or Cheltenham Town can buy from Friday, August 19th and tickets will then go on sale to all red card members on Tuesday, August 23rd.

Standing tickets are priced at £21.50 for adults, £16.50 for over 65s, £10 for students and under 18s, with under 16s at £5. Under 5s are free.

Seating is priced £23.50 adults, £18.50 over 65s, £12 student and under 18s, £7 under 16s and under 5s are again free.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and seven wheelchair bays, which are priced at the relevant age category.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-tickets-fleetwood-town-3242415.aspx#uQzo3gWkJIxXwu00.99

thats latest away game, no mention of going on general sale, never going to sell it out so just a bit pointless tbh.

walsall and scunthorpe are both on general sale.
  • Options
    Should explain as I've not heard of any problems so far
  • Options
    Given that few away matches will sell out this season, surely for most games people can just turn up if they can't get tickets through the club?
  • Options
    I'm not saying Fleetwood will sell out, but it might. We've got 6 going, who won't be going to Walsall/Scunthorpe.
  • Options
    I bought 4 for Bury. Had to register and pay over the phone, and then go to the Valley to collect them to avoid excess charges. That happened, and whilst not difficult for me it was an unnecessary extra activity demanded. If I lived further away it would have been more difficult.
    After that faff the club says you can now buy at the ticket office in person, but that was after buggering me and presumably some others about regarding Bury.
    For people living away from the Valley, and have trouble with computers and such, then getting both away and home tickets continues to be difficult.
    For the cash and technology rich and confident it may be all very easy, but the ticket system is also alienating for others.
  • Options
    i think the only matches we have any chance of selling out are

millwall
    gillingham
    wimbledon

fair effort on saturday just gone at bury but we wont get that if the team continue to lose game people simply wont bother and whos to blame them.
  • Options

millwall
    gillingham
    wimbledon

fair effort on saturday just gone at bury but we wont get that if the team continue to lose game people simply wont bother and whos to blame them.

Southend will be popular
    Northampton. Only about 1000 tickets for the away end
    Chesterfield/Peterborough (If we are challenging near the top of the table)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

millwall
    gillingham
    wimbledon

Southend will be popular
    So that'll just be Southend and Northampton then !
  • Options

braydex said:

Nice.

Why do you say this ? I believe you to be incorrect. Please explain to all, why this is not an untrue, unnecessary negative post.
    Firstly, I did start by saying "I could be wrong". Secondly, if i wanted to spend all day posting "unneccessary negative posts" I will. I haven't bought a season ticket, which appears to mean I regain my freedom of speech, unlike those that now have to agree not to bad mouth the club in order to secure their seat.

As you will see from the CAFC site, away tickets are on restrictive sale, which, to me, appears that if like me, you wanted to attend an away game but arent a season ticket holder or a valley gold member, you wont be able to. There is no mention of away tickets for the fleetwood game going on general sale, they appear to only be available to season tickets holder, valley gold members and red card members.

I dont know if this structure of away ticket purchasing has been applied in the past and I stand to be corrected, but I dont recall it if it has.

It just struck me that as it is clear, representatives from the club follow the comments of fans on social media platforms such as this, they may have seen how much support there was for supporting the team away from home, rather than at home. Their response, make it very difficult to do just that, without committing themselves to the club one way or another.
  • Options

Tickets for Charlton’s trip to Highbury Stadium to face Fleetwood Town on Saturday, September 10th are on restricted sale.

We have been handed an allocation of 1,123 tickets – which are split between standing and seating – and they are currently on sale to all season ticket holders that are also Valley Gold members, who can buy up to two tickets.

From Tuesday, August 16th, eligibility extends to season tickets holders and Valley Gold members. Supporters that purchased tickets in advance for either Bury or Cheltenham Town can buy from Friday, August 19th and tickets will then go on sale to all red card members on Tuesday, August 23rd.

Standing tickets are priced at £21.50 for adults, £16.50 for over 65s, £10 for students and under 18s, with under 16s at £5. Under 5s are free.

Seating is priced £23.50 adults, £18.50 over 65s, £12 student and under 18s, £7 under 16s and under 5s are again free.

We have also been given a number of ambulant disabled tickets and seven wheelchair bays, which are priced at the relevant age category.
    Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/charlton-athletic-tickets-fleetwood-town-3242415.aspx#uQzo3gWkJIxXwu00.99

thats latest away game, no mention of going on general sale, never going to sell it out so just a bit pointless tbh.

Didn't we take around 1100 to Bury?

If the away support stays at that sort of level, then the above arrangements are hardly pointless IMHO
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

If the away support stays at that sort of level, then the above arrangements are hardly pointless IMHO
    348 sold for Walsall as of last Tuesday.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

millwall
    gillingham
    wimbledon

• Options

millwall
    gillingham
    wimbledon

Southend will be popular
    possibly but its new years eve.
  • Options
    braydex said:

braydex said:

Nice.

Firstly, I did start by saying "I could be wrong". Secondly, if i wanted to spend all day posting "unneccessary negative posts" I will. I haven't bought a season ticket, which appears to mean I regain my freedom of speech, unlike those that now have to agree not to bad mouth the club in order to secure their seat.

As you will see from the CAFC site, away tickets are on restrictive sale, which, to me, appears that if like me, you wanted to attend an away game but arent a season ticket holder or a valley gold member, you wont be able to. There is no mention of away tickets for the fleetwood game going on general sale, they appear to only be available to season tickets holder, valley gold members and red card members.

I dont know if this structure of away ticket purchasing has been applied in the past and I stand to be corrected, but I dont recall it if it has.

It just struck me that as it is clear, representatives from the club follow the comments of fans on social media platforms such as this, they may have seen how much support there was for supporting the team away from home, rather than at home. Their response, make it very difficult to do just that, without committing themselves to the club one way or another.
    Away tickets have pretty much always been sold this way in the past.

You must be a red card member surely!
  • Options
    Fleetwood was always going to be a popular match - new ground, weekend in Blackpool at a decent time of year etc - so the restrictions seems perfectly logical
  • Options
    We just managed over a thousand at Bury on the first day of the season. No way we'll take a thousand to Fleetwood.
  • Options
    Boysie said:

We just managed over a thousand at Bury on the first day of the season. No way we'll take a thousand to Fleetwood.

But that's kind of my point I guess. We wont be able to as it seems away tickets will only be sold to season ticket holders and valley gold members, then finally red card members. As most people have not renewed their season tickets and a lot have resigned their membership of valley gold, who will be snapping up away tickets? No mention of them going on general sale?

I think it is just the regime, having seen that many on here plan to only attend away games, making it as difficult as possible to buy tickets, and hamper some taking advantage of cheap travel etc. Many will worry that tickets may have sold out, others wont be able to plan travel arrangements until after they have finally got a ticket, if they can, and then travel will be more expensive.

Its just a very discrete way to try and make people buy seasons tickets and/or sign up to Valley Gold - a sneaky incentive to get your hands on an away ticket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really can't see League 1 clubs selling outfor Charlton. And i can't see them turning punters with money away on yhe gate. Unenforceable stupity from the club.

I can't believe their stupidity, their paranoia and their spite.
  • Options
    Boysie said:

New ground and Blackpool factor. Could easily happen tbf.