Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Another Richard Murray thread

Could have searched his name.

Just want to ask. For anyone that knows Murray or has ever spoken to him or that keeps in touch with him etc

The fact that he has been at the club while it has hit this large downward spiral over the last 2.5 years. He's now unpopular, guilty by association and rightly so.

Do you think that if he wasn't here at the club .....would we be in a perhaps an even worse position now, in anyway? (could it get much worse)

Or, we would be better off without him here?

Or, the most likely one, would it be a complete irrelevance? Whether he was here or not, the exact same thing would have happened. His influence is incredibly minor and pointless etc...

Is Murray speaking up and has he ever opposed the regimes methods when thy wanted to do any further "freak things"

Has he stopped something that would have been even more unimaginable then what has actually happened?

Comments

• Options
    I don't think it would be any different really, if he wasn't hanging around for his money (good luck with that) he would still go to the games IMO but they wouldn't have him trying to justify his involvement
  • Options
    who?
  • Options
    Murray is a dead man walking as far as most fans are concerned. He's thrown his weight behind the regime and that will be his legacy. When they go, he goes.
  • Options
    He has done nothing. Not even fiddle while Rome burns. He has come to fan meetings ostensibly to defend Katrien, and that apart, his silence and continued presence condone the regime. Were he not here now, the difference would be negligible.
  • Options
    It's a sad development for Richard Murray and us, the fans. He was the lifeblood of the club for a significant period of time. He oversaw the best times, the Premier league times.
    Now he has joined the enemy and is no longer relevent to the future of CAFC.
    He cannot redeem himself. Though if he resigned and spoke out against the regime he could get some credidbility back.
  • Options
    Like Sue Parkes his on the gravy train its everybody else's fault.

He is now a nobody worse than useless.

Can I have a letter please.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Like Sue Parkes his on the gravy train its everybody else's fault.

He is now a nobody worse than useless.

Can I have a letter please.

I'll write to you mate won't be a stamp on it though :wink:
  • Options
    I've been saying that we should target Judas Murray for a while .
    This cretinous old fool is siding with these morons in the hope of getting his money and its embarrassing and insulting to the fans.
    What he doesn't understand is that by supporting the Belgians he might as well kiss his dosh goodbye.
    He is just as blame for our situation as KM yet he seems to get off lightly .
    This shouldn't be the case.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we just put to bed that his presence has any impact on him getting money from the club.

His 'investment' is only payable on promotion to the Premier League and in any event he (and the other former Directors) have a charge over The Valley.

He is not here for money - all be it that if he were it would be a fraction of what he has put in over the years.

I, genuinely, think he has best intentions and in answer to the OP I think things would be worse if he were not here.

I know that won't be popular with the Richard Murray bashers but it is what I believe and I'm not one of Richard's friends and do not agree with everything he has done but sometimes, just sometimes, not everyone is the enemy!
  • Options
    Richard Murray = no good muggy cnut lying two faced coward cnut
  • Options

come on NLA - show your true feelings :wink:
  • Options
    I'd probably go to jail if I did
  • Options
    He made the statement, when answering criticisms from fans about why he is still on the board, "I thought I could do more working from the inside than outside", or words to that effect. If he says he has helped by being chairman, I had to think the mess we would be in, if he wasn't
  • Options
    Roland's grip would weaken if he stood down. He is KM's protector.
  • Options
    Voice of the fans.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I'm getting really pissed off with you keep holding back all the time :smiley:
  • Options
    You guys might just get what you wish for .
    Trust me he won't be around on the board for to much longer then who will you moan about .
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

Trust me he won't be around on the board for to much longer then who will you moan about .

You can't just leave it there ...tell more
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Well someones not getting a season ticket with an attitude like that.. ;)
  • Options
    On the ball is its my ball
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

Who will we moan about? Hmm......
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

him still and the cowardly actions he has shown,
  • Options
    Richard Murray has made it clear that he has no real authority or power at the club. That being so, the only real option he has to protest against Duchatelet's regime is to resign from the board and go public with his dissent. That's obviously a gun you can only fire once and would it really inflict very much damage on the regime ? In the greater scheme of things, I somehow doubt it.

The alternative is for him to remain on the board and do what he can to try and influence things behind the scene. What influence he has actually had is impossible to say but, without him, we would have no one on the board other than Meire and Duchatelet.

I know there are many critics of Richard Murray on this site and I am sure that some of that criticism is justified. His reputation has certainly been tarnished but, for me, he remains in credit, not least because of his huge financial commitment in the past.
  • Options
    itsmyball said:

Don't tell me the Sainsbury's family are interested again?

We could all pool our nectar points together and buy the Club.
  • Options
    I think the January 'statement' from RM which became a Q&A with rehashed answers we'd already heard before was for many the point in which his credit ran out.

That was about the time when the protests really started to ramp up. When I heard a statement from RM was going to be released I thought it would either be

1. RM announcing his resignation from the board or

2. A plan of real significant action to get us out of the mess we were in both on and off the pitch

Instead of either option he gave us a Q&A with no new content and told us how great the signings of Williams and Johnson were to get us out of trouble.

He made things worse IMO, he'd have been better off not saying anything at all.
  • Options
    I have personally cooled on RM, but still strongly believe he is doing what he thinks is best for the club.
  • Options
    He's so out of credit, even Prague doesn't bother defending him these days.