Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

To go or not to go? - that is the question

I didn't renew. No more home games for me until they go - except for protests. Decided to go to more aways games and follow non-league. It was a dreadful game at Bury but it still felt 'right' to go. Saturdays back to normal.

So here we go - first home game of the season THE FIRST BLOODY GAME FOR F**K SAKE and I am already wanting to go! It's my club, my bloody Valley and what I always do on Saturdays. So what the hell do I do? If I go it feels like I'm giving in so bloody soon. Watching football used to be so simple....

Comments

• Options
    I didn't renew also and it's going to hurt a bit as it will be the first time since 1986/7 that I've not had a season ticket.

I was offered a ticket for the game tomorrow but I turned it down as I'm going to lunch with a friend.I went to both Bury and Cheltenham games and will try to do a few more aways.

The whole club looks like it's about to die..these arseholes have to go and they have to go ASAP!!! :(

• Options
    Don't give in Arsen, we need the Valley to be as empty and soulless as possible. As much as it hurts I am hoping for a crowd of under 7k tomorrow and a home defeat.
  • Options
    I'll be doing something else. Don't know what yet.
  • Options
    I'm going.
  • Options
    Go - don't let them deny you the pleasure (which may or may not last beyond 3pm) of the first home game of the season. This is our club.
  • Options
    Go. Get a free ticket if you can but go anyway. support the team not the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got free tickets because of the netting at the Burnley game. Even so I am torn as I want to see the team and how things are panning out, but I think it will be a bit toxic as well and I hate these Belgian cockwombles. If I don't go I will endeavour to get the tickets to the White Swan.
  • Options
    This is the first time in many years, that I won't be going to the first home game of the season.

apathy, and to be honest, I really can't be bothered.

how sad that it has come to this.
  • Options

I'd say go. Cheer the team and spend as little as possible. Join the protests but don't let Roland and his crackpot team spoil your love of our club. Stop going and it's very easy to find other things to fill up your weekend. It might not be as easy as you think to get back the fire in your belly.

My thoughts too - I have a ticket although I'm beginning to question my sanity - may not be many of us there but those that are should be very vocal in our protests.
  • Options
    As Katrien said ' we have to accept how the owner runs the club ' , well I don't so will be in the Rose of Denmark for a drink and that's it.
  • Options
    Refused to renew. Season ticket holding mate cannot go and has given me his ticket so I am going to go to join the CARD protest and to have a look at the new signings simply so that I can have an idea in my head of what they actually look like as I read the vitriol on future match threads and post match views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a personal choice

I've bought a ticket in my usual seat for tomorrow (a painful process as the online system isn't generating any emails), as I want to catch up with the people I know at the ground, and I know the person next to me has renewed.

I doubt I'll go on Tuesday, when the Valley will be really empty
  • Options

Went to the ground with my Grandson yesterday (sorry but had to buy a CAFC tie for my Dads funeral) and was sorely tempted to go and buy four tickets for tomorrow but didn't.

It's alright, the ticket office was closed anyway. It's not like they needed to sell you a ticket, as there are hordes of people signing up for online accounts to come and see third division football in an echoey, empty ground.
  • Options

It's a personal choice

I've bought a ticket in my usual seat for tomorrow (a painful process as the online system isn't generating any emails), as I want to catch up with the people I know at the ground, and I know the person next to me has renewed.

I doubt I'll go on Tuesday, when the Valley will be really empty

The club are offering an alternative to watching the game by providing a Curry Night package in the hospitality lounge!
  • Options
    Add me to the list of non-attenders for the opening home game for many years. This and the last home games are the two that I almost always get to. My missus is still recovering from major surgery and although she would be fine and be happy for me to be out all day I'd rather spend the day looking after her currently.

I could go and feel that I should go, just like every other year for yonks and I will almost certainly be there for Bolton but this lot are making it easier and easier not to make the effort
  • Options

I'd say go. Cheer the team and spend as little as possible. Join the protests but don't let Roland and his crackpot team spoil your love of our club. Stop going and it's very easy to find other things to fill up your weekend. It might not be as easy as you think to get back the fire in your belly.

Spend nothing, don't give this vermin anything. After 51 years of support I want to go but i won't because i believe it's the right thing to do.
  • Options
    Ask Yazoo
  • Options

I didn't renew. No more home games for me until they go - except for protests. Decided to go to more aways games and follow non-league. It was a dreadful game at Bury but it still felt 'right' to go. Saturdays back to normal.

So here we go - first home game of the season THE FIRST BLOODY GAME FOR F**K SAKE and I am already wanting to go! It's my club, my bloody Valley and what I always do on Saturdays. So what the hell do I do? If I go it feels like I'm giving in so bloody soon. Watching football used to be so simple....

If the ticket is free, then go.

For me I'd prefer we just all stayed away.

Let Meire keep her 2% of fans that are not protesting.

I'd love and be pained to see it but imagine the news coverage of a near empty stadium, bar away fans.