Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Forum Negativity

To be honest it's all getting a bit ridiculous. I hate the regime as much as anyone. They are killing us but the continual negative comments are completely ruining every visit to the site.

What's the point of " Support the team, not the regime" when every single signing is shit when in truth none of us have much of a clue about any of them. We complain when there's no signings. We complain when there are signings.

Let's get behind the protests but support the players whoever they are. If we can't or won't support the shirt then what's the actual point ?

Over the years we've signed numerous players that have come with good pedigree and they have been a huge disappointment. Others have come in under a cloud and have been magnificent.

Magennis might be either but for fuck sake give the lad a chance and get behind him. I'm certain he will perform the better for it.

Rant over.

Comments

• Tbf the magennis view has been quite balanced I think.
    I personally haven't seen him so haven't made up my mind but I look forward to it.

Some people have seen him and think he's shit and some think he's good and imo that's fine.

Slade has taken some unnecessary stick agreed.
  • Think the majority of Slade stick has be due to his comments and attitude towards Charlton fan and journalist Louis Mendez!
    Something I agree with , as there's no need to talk to anyone like he has (considering Mendez is doing his job)
  • The amount of hate Slade is getting on here is irrational and stupid.

It's disproportionate of the views of real Charlton fans. They probably just represent just 2% of posters on here...
  • edited August 2016
  • You see what damage you've done @AFKABartram!!

By announcing that people wont get to read a match preview from their favourite poster this weekend, its now created a world of depression and sorrow
  • You see what damage you've done @AFKABartram!!

By announcing that people wont get to read a match preview from their favourite poster this weekend, its now created a world of depression and sorrow

Can we not talk about it yet FA? I'm still in mourning.
  • I hate this thread, it's shit, can't we have a better thread, you're shit Shootie

Yeah...and you know you are.........!
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

The amount of hate Slade is getting on here is irrational and stupid.

I agree. I have serious questions regarding his coaching and tactical abilities, but the pendulum swing between last Friday and Tuesday going on two results and an admittedly silly remark in a press conference has been very, very drastic. He still deserves a few games and the ability to complete his squad by the end of the transfer window before we start with the "puppet" and "I want him out" comments.
    How can you possibly have serious questions about his coaching and tactical abilities (you're not even a football coach yourself) after 1 league game and one cup match?

I'm glad you think he deserves a few games. How very reasonable of you.
  • Isn't it just a defence mechanism, like a way of coping with the relentless disappointment and disillusion of the last 2+ years. Expect shit and you won't be disappointed.
    I'm ambivalent about it, it's only empty words on a football forum after all.
    Support him/them at the games, they will either be good or they won't.
    Difficult to get excited about right now.
  • edited August 2016

SDAddick said:

The amount of hate Slade is getting on here is irrational and stupid.

I agree. I have serious questions regarding his coaching and tactical abilities, but the pendulum swing between last Friday and Tuesday going on two results and an admittedly silly remark in a press conference has been very, very drastic. He still deserves a few games and the ability to complete his squad by the end of the transfer window before we start with the "puppet" and "I want him out" comments.
    How can you possibly have serious questions about his coaching and tactical abilities (you're not even a football coach yourself) after 1 league game and one cup match?

I'm glad you think he deserves a few games. How very reasonable of you.
    Wait what, you're only allowed to have opinions on football and football managers if you're a coach? If that's the case let's pack it in and shut the forum down!
  • Totally agree
  • SDAddick said:

You see what damage you've done @AFKABartram!!

Can we not talk about it yet FA? I'm still in mourning.
    Dont worry you'll be fine my young padawan, just dont force me to get out this image after reading your preview!!

• I prefer to read all the negativity, because it shows how people feel,which is pretty much the way I do too.
  • To be honest it's all getting a bit ridiculous. I hate the regime as much as anyone. They are killing us but the continual negative comments are completely ruining every visit to the site.

What's the point of " Support the team, not the regime" when every single signing is shit when in truth none of us have much of a clue about any of them. We complain when there's no signings. We complain when there are signings.

Let's get behind the protests but support the players whoever they are. If we can't or won't support the shirt then what's the actual point ?

Over the years we've signed numerous players that have come with good pedigree and they have been a huge disappointment. Others have come in under a cloud and have been magnificent.

Magennis might be either but for fuck sake give the lad a chance and get behind him. I'm certain he will perform the better for it.

Rant over.

You were going to get a 'like' from me but then you ended with "rant over".

Shocking.
  • too right SHG
  • Sponsored links:

• Bloody Man U fans were asked to be patient with Ferguson and look where that got them .
  • edited August 2016
    I hear you SHG (and others).

I'm away at the mo. I'm going to attempt to address a few things over the next month, please bear with us.
  • Agree with the OP

Most threads start off with the same people with the same predictable responses.
  • I hear you SHG (and others).

I'm away at the mo. I'm going to attempt to address a few things over the next month, please bear with us.

Oh Christ. What have I done ;0)

• edited August 2016
    Forcing myself to grin through our club's continuing decline...

• edited August 2016
    Totally agree. Stuck on the runway at Milan Linate. Coming back to see us win Saturday. I will be getting right behind the team as always. I am confident of a good season. Actually think some of the signings will work out well. Let's stay positive. COYR.
  • I think he's a bit of a knobhead myself.

[need to spend less time on here].