Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

It's official: No more players leaving!

Comments

• Options
    'I don't see'.

But I bet others do.

Good news about Bauer in that article.
  • Options
    Bauer seems to be happy to be here.

Bauer and Tex in this division should really be exceptional. Up top we have some more options - it is just CM that is weak. Any news on Gobern?
  • Options
    Well that's different!

Send me FIVE s/t application forms please Latrien...
  • Options
    Pull the other one Russ.
  • Options
    Define major.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's just covering his backside, and can say he's been betrayed when he resigns after Tex and Looky have gone to Palace.
  • Options
    RD being happy with one of Bauer, Tex and Pearce not playing, and Lennon and Konsa nowhere near the first team if all CBs fit?

KM turning down £2m for Lookman? It would really boost her sales target and would see another academy player become a Premier League star.

Yeah right.
  • Options
    If RS is saying that he is expecting no more major departures, the information must have come from KM and we know how reliable she is.
  • Options
    He doesn't look or sound happy

https://youtu.be/2vc5812LlKE
  • Options
    If that turns out to be true, great.
    But if he does not know that for CERTAIN, then it will just fan the flames if it turns out to not be true in the next few weeks.
    We are looking for signs of change, of a connected strategy from board to coach to team.
    There has been enough BS....
  • Options
    I don't want a Rolls Royce, Nissan will do fine, the new ones are very nice cars.

I'd accept a bloody GEELY, DongFeng or ShuanSheng right now.

• Options

He doesn't look or sound happy

https://youtu.be/2vc5812LlKE

Russ, it takes 6 months to build a Rolls Royce. Don't think you'll see it roll off the production line.
  • Options
    Come on Russell - lying to yourself now.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Nope, I'm not confident enough to buy that.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

RD being happy with one of Bauer, Tex and Pearce not playing, and Lennon and Konsa nowhere near the first team if all CBs fit?

KM turning down £2m for Lookman? It would really boost her sales target and would see another academy player become a Premier League star.

Yeah right.

Forgot Johnson. Four senior centre backs backed up by two promising youngsters. Far to sensible to keep all of them. We have a midfielder in Diarra who can cover when he's back after all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Macronate said:

'I don't see'.

But I bet others do.

^ This ^

He doesn't see cos he ain't looking. Is he doing a Lord Nelson (so is a lying shit) or is he kept in the dark (so is a gullible berk)?
    Outcome is the same - everybody is available for whatever arbitrary valuation Doeshitalot has ascribed. The sole limiting factor on departures is the timeframe - all deals have to be filed by the end of the window.

When the next unwelcome* departure occurs, will RS do the honourable thing, fall on his sword and call out RD & KM for the mendacious witless arseholes that they are? My money's on 'No'. He'll swallow it whole and give Louis M some snippy mumbled thoroughly unconvincing guff in the inevitable subsequent interview.

*Only one departure from the playing squad will count as welcome - El Hadji Ba can go wherever he likes, whenever he chooses, so long as it isn't onto the turf at The Valley while a match is in progress.
  • Options
    If its true magic we'll have a defence that allows midfield to play. If they lie about this then surely Slade would go and next level ag follows.
  • Options
    Bless him, Russell talks about opposition teams coming to the Valley and making it a hostile place that they won't want to visit each week, they should just send them some season tickets, they'll soon get the idea.
  • Options
    All of a sudden we have six center backs, five of whom (Tex, Bauer, Pearce, Lennon, Johnson) have played at this level or higher. If we are keeping Tex, and that's a big if, then I am hoping we let RoJo go, although given the role he's played in pre-season I don't see that happening.

I would absolutely love it if we keep Tex. He and Bauer will be the best CB pairing in the league, and probably the two best center backs individually as well. But then we have Pearce, who we've just signed and paid money for and is probably on a decent wage, and RoJo who is on a decent wage, and Lennon, who looks very promising at this level. Plus we have Konsa, although hopefully this will allow him to go out on loan. That's a lot of wages tied up in central defense, and we'll inevitably have two senior center backs (probably Jonhson and Pearce) plus Lennon not in the first team.

I can't see us going 3-5-2 as I don't think we have the wingbacks or creative players who can play centrally. The whole transfer policy feels topsy turvey, and a bit scattergun. Again, keeping Tex is great, but surely we have to let someone go. We still need two wingers, a forward, and a creative central midfielder.

Lastly, I fear that Slade is making a rod for his own back here. I think he's telling the truth as he sees it. And he can't predict a club coming in with a big offer for Lookman or someone offering to pay all of Tex's wages on loan. But by saying this as a sort of short term appeasement of the fans, I think he risks having it turned back on him in the long run.
  • Options
    I couldn't make it to the end of the video. I kept thinking 'why am I wasting my time?' After 7 minutes and having skipped a few bits, I quit.
  • Options
    Lookman and Tex haven't played a lot of first team games so their departure wouldn't be considered 'major'.
  • Options

Lookman and Tex haven't played a lot of first team games so their departure wouldn't be considered 'major'.

By The Liar, of course.
  • Options
    maybe we could use the loan market to get players game time rather than off the wage bill.

as long as the senior CBs are fit and we had a jan recall i would happily let lennon and konsa go out on loan to get regular competitive minutes under their belts
  • Options

I couldn't make it to the end of the video. I kept thinking 'why am I wasting my time?' After 7 minutes and having skipped a few bits, I quit.

Same here. I really wanted to hear his take on it, but it was a little bit like listening to David Brent. He also made it sound like we had been up against Brazil on Tuesday night, not Cheltenham, who with respect, are a league lower than us.
    I am trying to be convinced by him. But until we start looking good on the pitch and winning games, it is just talk talk.
    And actually I think he knows that.