Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Signs That The Heart Is Being Torn From This Club

1. Being dumped from a cup by opposition from a lower division isn't a surprise, it's what's expected.
2. I used to get annoyed when the papers (mainly the Standard) didn't report on Charlton. Now I just shrug and ask, why should they?
3. No-one takes the piss when we lose anymore. It's so easy, it's just no fun for them. Even my Millwall supporting mates acquaintances are showing signs of sympathy.

Comments

• To be fair number one has always been true...
  • When you're still looking for our fixtures in the Championship and only then remember that we were relegated.
  • When you start thinking who to support next if there is no Phoenix Charlton team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Never felt it before regarding Charlton but the last two years all I've felt is apathy and it's horrible.
  • When you're still looking for our fixtures in the Championship and only then remember that we were relegated.

when i search BBC football on my phone it still automatically takes me to the championship page, it's like a little kick in the teeth each time!

• When the protests are more exciting than the football.

When you just go grocery shopping after a pre match protest rather than watch the game.
  • Instead of living every moment of your twilight years you find yourself wishing your life away to the day they're gone
  • When you realise that the moron who owns the Club doesn't give a shit about you, your Club, or anything else except to line his pockets.
  • kentred2 said:

When you start thinking who to support next if there is no Phoenix Charlton team.

I have genuinely been considering this as a possible outcome.

• Having a thread like this.
  • It's not just Charlton.

This whole farce has severley dented my love for football. Rarely watch any these days. (....I know we didn't used to see much anyway,but still)
  • Not being bothered that the season has started.

I used to be climbing the walls in the summer waiting for the season to start, this year I'm not fussed at all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Going on holiday abroad and leaving your Charlton polo shirts at home because you're just not proud to wear them anymore.
  • edited August 2016

It's not just Charlton.

This whole farce has severley dented my love for football. Rarely watch any these days. (....I know we didn't used to see much anyway,but still)

Indeed. The last Charlton season, followed by the shower of shite that was pretty much the entire Euros save a couple of teams, then the beginning of this season. Watching the Rugby Sevens in this year's Olympics has made me realise how dire football has become, especially how the last month's footie news has been dominated by Pogba going 'will-he won't-he' like some tart in a soap opera deciding who she is going to marry, as if anyone outside of Stretford gives a toss. Piss off the lot of it to be honest.
  • Being apathetic about the results seems to be a common feeling.
  • the river of claret coloured fluid running down the gutters of Floyd Road

how long it takes for the patient to bleed out is the last in a sequence of ever more grim questions to be answered

keep smilin'
    enjoy the game...
  • When you break a 20 year + father and son tradition this season because both of you feel nothing but hate towards the board and want them and the club to fail.
  • MarkyE83 said:

When you break a 20 year + father and son tradition this season because both of you feel nothing but hate towards the board and want them and the club to fail.

I'm in exactly the same boat. And yes, it's gutting.
  • My son asked me 'when are we going to go football again?' I said 'maybe we should put in the odd appearance this season ' despite being on a season ticket ban. He said' I don't want to watch Charlton again. They're rubbish. Can't we go somewhere else.'How do I deal with that one ?
  • When you live in Glasgow and start thinking you need a Scottish team to support...
  • markmc68 said:

My son asked me 'when are we going to go football again?' I said 'maybe we should put in the odd appearance this season ' despite being on a season ticket ban. He said' I don't want to watch Charlton again. They're rubbish. Can't we go somewhere else.'How do I deal with that one ?

I don't know, I'm not his father.
    You work it out.
  • When you live in Glasgow and start thinking you need a Scottish team to support...

It's not that bad.