Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Man's Sky

edited August 2016 in Not Sports Related
Anyone on here got this yet? The size of the game has to be seen to be believed, it has:

planets in the game to explore.

If you wanted to see every location of interest on every planet, it wpuld take you 584 billion years of gaming. In fact, though everyone is in the same universe on the game, the chances of every planet being discovered in the first year is virtually zero

Comments

• Options
    Might even buy a ps4 just for this game.

Gonna be one of those games that isn't for everyone, but there's a lot of updates to come (building bases etc) that should make it quite epic.
  • Options
    Would you ever meet another player?
  • Options

Gonna be one of those games that isn't for everyone, but there's a lot of updates to come (building bases etc) that should make it quite epic.

The crazy thing about the game is just how many possibilities there are, not only in where to go and how to get there, but what you do on the way, from scanning everything on one planet and renaming it all, mining the entire place and getting rich by finding rare materials and selling them, running around shooting the shit out of everyone you meet, exploring the aliens you meet, getting to know their language and trying to help them, or flying through space, hacking into other ships and terminals, living the life of a pirate in deep space.
  • Options
    WSS said:

People have already met, which is something the developers weren't expecting in the first day or so, but the overall aim of the game is to get to the centre of the universe, so the closer you get, the more people you are likely to bump into
  • Options
    WSS said:

By chance apparently it's a very low chance, but obviously if you put your mind to it you can meet others.
    sam3110 said:

The crazy thing about the game is just how many possibilities there are, not only in where to go and how to get there, but what you do on the way, from scanning everything on one planet and renaming it all, mining the entire place and getting rich by finding rare materials and selling them, running around shooting the shit out of everyone you meet, exploring the aliens you meet, getting to know their language and trying to help them, or flying through space, hacking into other ships and terminals, living the life of a pirate in deep space.
    That and there is no loading times and screens from getting into your spacecraft, flying off, going into space and ending up at another planet. Just amazing.
  • Options
    What planet is our leader on ?
  • Options
    Are they releasing a Spectrum 128k+ version?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I named a galaxy I discovered 'Roland Out'. If you visit it, feel free to drop beach balls everywhere.
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

Are they releasing a Spectrum 128k+ version?

Vic 20 is first. It has 3 planets and 2 stick men to find. Only keyboard compatible as you have to type the instructions into the new high end QDOS 0.10 user interface.
  • Options
    Sounds like Elite given a 30-year upgrade ...
  • Options

To one are the odds of Roland splashing adequate cash on a promotion push
  • Options
    Is there any facility in the game where you can discover an inhabitable planet, colonise it a bit, and then build a nice little football stadium on it for people to enjoy. Then when some Belgian twat tries to come along and ruin it all you can pull out your phaser disintegrater and blow the fucker sky high.
    I would be quite interested in that sort of gaming experience :smile:
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Anyone on here got this yet? The size of the game has to be seen to be believed, it has:

planets in the game to explore.

If you wanted to see every location of interest on every planet, it would take you 584 billion years of gaming. In fact, though everyone is in the same universe on the game, the chances of every planet being discovered in the first year is virtually zero

And 600 billion years to find the ball from Nicky Baileys penalty.
  • Options
    I wanna know what stopped them going to 18,446,744,073,709,551,617.
    Guess that would've been crazy.
  • Options
    I'm awaiting a conversion for the Commodore 16.
  • Options
    I have the game. I'm totally engrossed right now. It's a really relaxing game, a nice break from some of the others I play.
  • Options
    I was going to get this but I don't have a very good internet connection with the ps4. does this game have to be played online?