Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Disappointed that Dijksteel is playing to be honest, was hoping he would be involved tomorrow.

Why doesn't he get in our side
    You're the one who is ITK man, you should be telling us!

I thought Konsa actually did a decent job in midfield today, much to my surprise. But why Dijksteel can't even make the 18 is beyond me. Why was Harry Lennon on the bench?
    Should be in the squad Saturday
  • Options

With no Magennis in the squad next Saturday, I imagine there might be a place on the bench for one of our young strikers likes Umerah

I imagine it will be a debut off bench for Hackett-Fairchild seeing as he is not playing here and we are unlikely to be winning at HT on Saturday.
    He was injured in the KSC game on Wednesday...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

Sage said:

Disappointed that Dijksteel is playing to be honest, was hoping he would be involved tomorrow.

Why doesn't he get in our side
    Because Robinson is an idiot and still doesn’t know his best side. I genuinely feel we would look so much better with Dijksteel in centre midfield.

Thankfully he is not in the U23s today and will be playing on Saturday, just at right back instead.
  • Options

With no Magennis in the squad next Saturday, I imagine there might be a place on the bench for one of our young strikers likes Umerah

I imagine it will be a debut off bench for Hackett-Fairchild seeing as he is not playing here and we are unlikely to be winning at HT on Saturday.
    He was injured in the KSC game on Wednesday...
    A U23 match on Monday would be perfect preparation for a bench appearance on Saturday, I'm sure Reeco would gave played some part today if fit
  • Options
    Lost one nil.
  • Options

Cue Henners leading out the Addicks , holding Reeco's hand, in full Charlton kit , as matchday mascot.....
  • Options
    76' Goal. @BurnleyOfficial take the lead as a cross flies over everyone in the middle and into the net. 0-1. #cafc

2 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
    Reply 2 Retweet Like 2 Direct message

Charlton Athletic FC

Verified account

@CAFCofficial
    36m36 minutes ago
    More
    FULL TIME | Charlton U23s 0 @BurnleyOfficial U23s 1.

The Clarets take all-three points at Sparrows Lane. #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our U23s are in action at @NFFC this afternoon. Here's how @jasoneuell's side will line up...

XI: Beeney, Yao, Cummings, Blumberg, Zemura, Morgan, Lapslie (c), Carter, Trialist, Yamfam, Hackett-Fairchild.

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Sarpong-Wiredu, Sarmiento, Birch, Willis.

Reeco fit again and starting

Sarmiento (wonderkid) on the bench

A trialist

And Maynard-Brewer on the bench so maybe being saved in case he's need Saturday.
  • Options
    Interesting that Hackett-Fairchild is playing (with no Dijksteel)

I put RHF on the bench for the preview tomorrow yet if he's playing... surely means Mavididi will be on the bench?
  • Options

Striker Tage Kennedy has been given the opportunity to make a career in professional football after being handed a trial by Charlton Athletic.

Enfield Borough’s top scorer has netted 24 goals this season and this has brought him to attention of professional club’s scouts, including the League One side.

The 19-year-old pacey forward, who has been playing for the Panthers since March 2017, is hoping to become the second Enfield player in less than two seasons to join a league club after Romoney Crichlow-Noble moved to Huddersfield Town last year.

Borough boss Marvin Walker said: “Tage has been doing well in training with Charlton. He has linked up with Jason Euell’s Under-23 squad and they are keen to have an extended look at him. In the meantime they are happy for him to continue to turn out for Borough which is good for us.

“He is a very popular member of the squad and we are happy to have his presence both in the dressing room and out on the pitch.”

Kennedy has struck a total of 29 goals in 45 matches for the young club, making him their record scorer and one of the leading marksmen in the Spartan South Midlands League.

"His all-round game has improved greatly since he joined us and he now has a much greater appreciation of playing as part of a team rather than as an individual,” Walker said.

“He exemplifies what we as a club look to achieve. While we want to win every game that we play, there was a bigger picture in mind when we formed the club in 2016.

“The aims were to provide a gateway for young players to start competing in men's football, use their youth and enthusiasm to play a high-tempo passing game and to develop the player’s talents to the maximum of their potential so that they can progress to play at a higher standard.

“Romoney made the step up last year and now plays regularly for Huddersfield Town's Under-23 team and there is no reason why Tage cannot accomplish something similar.

“We have had a number of scouts from professional clubs at our matches this season so they clearly believe that we are doing something right in the way that we are developing our young footballers.”

Looks like he'll be the trialist.

Good spot @Charlton_Stu

We can sing "Thank you for the days" when he's a star.
  • Options

Striker Tage Kennedy has been given the opportunity to make a career in professional football after being handed a trial by Charlton Athletic.

Enfield Borough’s top scorer has netted 24 goals this season and this has brought him to attention of professional club’s scouts, including the League One side.

The 19-year-old pacey forward, who has been playing for the Panthers since March 2017, is hoping to become the second Enfield player in less than two seasons to join a league club after Romoney Crichlow-Noble moved to Huddersfield Town last year.

Borough boss Marvin Walker said: “Tage has been doing well in training with Charlton. He has linked up with Jason Euell’s Under-23 squad and they are keen to have an extended look at him. In the meantime they are happy for him to continue to turn out for Borough which is good for us.

“He is a very popular member of the squad and we are happy to have his presence both in the dressing room and out on the pitch.”

Kennedy has struck a total of 29 goals in 45 matches for the young club, making him their record scorer and one of the leading marksmen in the Spartan South Midlands League.

"His all-round game has improved greatly since he joined us and he now has a much greater appreciation of playing as part of a team rather than as an individual,” Walker said.

“He exemplifies what we as a club look to achieve. While we want to win every game that we play, there was a bigger picture in mind when we formed the club in 2016.

“The aims were to provide a gateway for young players to start competing in men's football, use their youth and enthusiasm to play a high-tempo passing game and to develop the player’s talents to the maximum of their potential so that they can progress to play at a higher standard.

“Romoney made the step up last year and now plays regularly for Huddersfield Town's Under-23 team and there is no reason why Tage cannot accomplish something similar.

“We have had a number of scouts from professional clubs at our matches this season so they clearly believe that we are doing something right in the way that we are developing our young footballers.”

Looks like he'll be the trialist.

What a name.
  • Options
    0 - 0 at HT
  • Options
    No Josh Umerah, so he's being kept back for tomorrow I assume
  • Options
    Goal for Forest! (Aaron Smith 86') #NFFC 1-0 Charlton

Forest make a late breakthrough as Aaron Smith finds the net with a superb 25-yard effort.
  • Options
    Full-time at the City Ground at @NFFC have recorded a 1-0 victory against our U23s. #cafc
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Two defeats on the trot.

The pressure is on, Jase :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Two defeats on the trot.

The pressure is on, Jase :smile:

Probably edging for a move to Oxford
    Probably not, Paulie. He's not that daft :smile:
  • Options
    Umerah's and Doughty's second-half equalisers ultimately count for nothing as Charlton's U23s are beaten 3-2 by @CPFC at Sparrows Lane.

Wow worst run by our U23's for as long as i can remember, saw we were 1 down and didn't recognise any of the Palars lot other than Wickham.
  • Options

Umerah's and Doughty's second-half equalisers ultimately count for nothing as Charlton's U23s are beaten 3-2 by @CPFC at Sparrows Lane.

Wow worst run by our U23's for as long as i can remember, saw we were 1 down and didn't recognise any of the Palars lot other than Wickham.

I hope somebody kicked Wickham, we don't want him back playing for Palace again this season :smile:
  • Options
    edited March 2018

I hope somebody kicked Wickham, we don't want him back playing for Palace again this season :smile:
    He's got a groin injury now, so some good news came out of the game. :smiley:
  • Options
  • Options