Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2019
    Oggy Red said:
    I see he's now plain simple Reeco Hackett.

Is he not your Lovechild any more, Henry?

That's a bit personal :/
  • Options
    Game today (Monday 9th September) against Burnley.  Playing at Princes Park: https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5d7603572454d/u23-preview-charlton-v-burnley

• Options
    "The game at Princes Park, which has been moved from its original location of The Valley, could provide the opportunity for some Addicks first-teamers to get some minutes under their belts, with Adam Matthews expected to be involved following his arrival at The Valley on Thursday."
  • Options
    Can only play four over 23 players though cant we? - One of them the Goalkeeper, three max outfield players?

Amos / Matthews / Oztumer the obvious ones who havent had much game time as Kayal and Hemed are still with the Israeli National Team
  • Options
    Can only play four over 23 players though cant we? - One of them the Goalkeeper, three max outfield players?

Amos / Matthews / Oztumer the obvious ones who havent had much game time as Kayal and Hemed are still with the Israeli National Team
    JFC too.

• Options

JFC too.

Could be just me but feels like he's turning into a bit of a forgotten player
  • Options
    Shows me how bowyer as transformed us since being manager. To me he was first on team sheet now I’d say he is well down the list and George is in front of him.obviously the injury last season has put him there. Hopefully he’ll get back this season. 
  • Options

JFC too.

Seems that way.

I'm a fan but can't see a place for him in the midfield we have now.
  • Options
    Maybe Page might get some game time?
  • Options
    Maybe Page might get some game time?
    That really would be nice to see

I guess Oshilaja was left out against Reading as a precaution so imagine Lewis is the only one currently in the treatment room?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

U23S STARTING XI

Harness, Matthews, Keefe, Mingi, Stevenson, Powell, Morgan, Dempsey, Clayden, Davison, Isiaka. Subs | Harvey, Vennings, Odoh, Ocran, Vega. #cafc
  • Options

U23S STARTING XI

Harness, Matthews, Keefe, Mingi, Stevenson, Powell, Morgan, Dempsey, Clayden, Davison, Isiaka. Subs | Harvey, Vennings, Odoh, Ocran, Vega. #cafc
    A young team, surprised JFC isn't playing as he's well down the pecking order in midfield at the moment unless he has fitness/injury issues?
  • Options

JFC too.

Who is?
  • Options
    edited September 2019

JFC too.

Who is?
    Forster-Caskey

Isnt making the matchday squad nor is he playing for the U23s
  • Options
    14' Goal Burnley. Koiki fires in a low shot off the right-hand post.

18' GOAL! The Addicks reply almost immediately! Keefe heads against the crossbar and Davison is on hand to finish into an empty net. #cafc 1 #bfc 1

• Options
    edited September 2019
    31' GOAL! An excellent finish from Johl Powell. He holds the ball up at a tight angle, remains patient and sends a clever shot in off the post.

• Options
    cafc-west said:
    31' GOAL! An excellent finish from Johl Powell. He holds the ball up at a tight angle, remains patient and sends a clever shot in off the post.

He's better than Chris
    He's better than Chris
    Johl Powell
    He's better than Chris
  • Options
    HALF-TIME | Charlton U23s 2 Burnley U23s 1 Davison and Powell's goals put the Addicks ahead at the break after coming from behind. #cafc

• Options
    53' Goal Burnley. Koiki with his second. He throws himself at a left-wing cross to send a diving header into the net. #cafc 2 #bfc 2
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    70' Goal Burnley. The visitors regain the lead. Mitch George slams home a volley from close range from a flicked-on header.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    70' Goal Burnley. The visitors regain the lead. Mitch George slams home a volley from close range from a flicked-on header.
  • Options
    20 mins to score two.
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 2 Burnley U23s 3 Adam Matthews gets 90 minutes under his belt, but the young Addicks fall to their first defeat of the season. #cafc
  • Options
    FULL-TIME | Charlton U23s 2 Burnley U23s 3 Adam Matthews gets 90 minutes under his belt, but the young Addicks fall to their first defeat of the season. #cafc

• Options
    Wow that was a quick 20!
  • Options
    The first Charlton defeat of the season at any level.
  • Options
    Prior to the weekend Charlton hadnt lost a game at any level

Now we've lost twice what with the Womens team and U23s
  • Options
    Apart from the league cup
  • Options
    Apart from the league cup
    The League Cup game was drawn at FT 0-0.

Penalty shoot outs decide a winner after the game itself is finished. ;smile:

#JoseMourhinoruling1