Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Options
    No Doughty or Weirdu as going out on loan?

But Morgan does play.

Thought Bonne might have got a game just to get minutes
  • Options
    Playing against Sheffield United @ Bramall Lane today (1pm KO)

U23S STARTING XI | Harness, Yao, Keefe, Mingi, Stevenson, Morgan, Powell, Dempsey, Clayden, Isiaka, Davison.

SUBS | Harvey, Vega, Vennings, Ocran. #cafc
    Seeking revenge for the FA Cup defeat
  • Options
    U23S | 24' GOAL! Albie Morgan levels for the Addicks moments after going behind at Bramall Lane. #sufc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    U23S | 24' GOAL! Albie Morgan levels for the Addicks moments after going behind at Bramall Lane. #sufc 1 #cafc 1
    He's a good lad our Albie. 

If he sorts his defensive side, he'll come good.
  • Options
    2-1 up with Morgan scoring from the penalty spot
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    2-1 up with Morgan scoring from the penalty spot
    But what was his run up like!
  • Options

50' THE BLADES ARE LEVEL! Trialist Gribbin scores with a deflected shot.

• Options
    52' Goal Charlton. Quick response once again for the visitors.

#SUFC 2 - 3 #CAFC

• Options

U23S | There's been a few goals since the break! The hosts made it 2-2 on 50 minutes, before an own-goal put the Addicks back in front on 52. But United have just equalised again on the hour mark. #sufc 3 #cafc 3

• Options
    See Toby Stephenson is playing.  What’s the story with him - thought last season he was on the verge of breaking through?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

66' Johl Powell with a solo goal for Charlton.

#SUFC 3 - 4 #CAFC

• Options
    Christ still 30mins to play!!
  • Options
    Bow was right about Albie's defensive side, clearly ;-)
  • Options
    cafc-west said:
    See Toby Stephenson is playing.  What’s the story with him - thought last season he was on the verge of breaking through?
    That hattrick made the headlines, but I think he still has much to learn as an actual defender
  • Options

81' Into the last ten minutes at the Lane. Blades continue to press for an equaliser.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd must have their 2nd string of under 23's playing today, they have come good.
  • Options
    Sheff Utd must have their 2nd string of under 23's playing today, they have come good.
    Not sure what you mean by that post. Who have come good?

We have Junior Quitirna, Wiredu, Doughty, Birch, and Odoh missing. (Aouachria is injured and Maloney and Maynard-Brewer are out on loan), so largely our second-string as well.

Is Birch still with us? Injured? 

• Options
    Good win away at a premier league club especially as a lot of players, listed above, missing.

• Options
    edited September 2019

Eaststandmike always told us Sheff Utd will come good. And eventually, after I don't know how many seasons, they did.

Surprised you didn't know that Aethelstan ....... history books tell as you've been around a long time! :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to see another Powell in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Eaststandmike always told us Sheff Utd will come good. And eventually, after I don't know how many seasons, they did.

Surprised you didn't know that Aethelstan ....... history books tell as you've been around a long time! :smile:

Good to see someone is paying attention Oggy  ;)  
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Not totally relevant to thread but Reeco tonight for Bromley was best player on show. Hadn't impressed when I'd seen him play for U23s, but definitely an EFL standard player. We may regret losing him, although obviously same issue as Bonne,not at our level.
  • Options
    Not totally relevant to thread but Reeco tonight for Bromley was best player on show. Hadn't impressed when I'd seen him play for U23s, but definitely an EFL standard player. We may regret losing him, although obviously same issue as Bonne,not at our level.
    A good 5th division player,  but good enough for the 3rd tier never mind the 2nd where we are now? 

Good luck to him, but he wasn't good enough for us when we let him go, that's football.
  • Options
    We won’t regret letting him go. There’s a very big gap between Championship football and the National League. He was nowhere near good enough last year for us in the 3rd tier.

he may well make it to the 3rd tier one day, however we need to have our sights set as a solid 2nd division side. 

Im glad he’s doing well - it’s his level at the moment. I went to the game vs Ebbsfleet towards the start of the season and he looked a bit lost. 
  • Options
    He's only 21 so still has time on his side. But given that we're told Bonne (who scored 49 goals in 2 seasons in non league) is a work in progress and not ready for the level we're at, then you'd have to think we probably won't regret letting Reeco go. 

I hope he does well though and he could easily get back to league football.
  • Options
    Joe Pigott is a perfect example of what both Bonne and Hackett can achieve

Reeco's career in the Football League is only over if he thinks it is and doesnt put in the effort to get spotted, which he seems to be doing
  • Options
    I see he's now plain simple Reeco Hackett.

Is he not your Lovechild any more, Henry?