Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Athletic we stand, divided we fall

Negative, pessimistic, etc. Discussion and argument about whether to boycott games, get "free" tickets, demonstrate outside the stadium.
We have lost 2 games, failed to score in both. We need to turn it around on Saturday and need our own fans to be fully behind the team and management. There was full backing to Slade's appointment in the summer and we need to maintain this and support him with a squad clearly lacking depth. Is this the fault of RD and KM? Do we know? There is rumour and second guessing but we support through the bad times. Been there, done that in the 80's.
It is all too easy to criticise.

Comments

• Options
    It was indeed too easy for Roger Johnson to criticise the fans, and too easy for Slade to get arsey with a journalist.
  • Options
    I am not disputing the support at the 2 away games which has been magnificent, save the moronic few. It is Saturday at The Valley where our support will be judged. I have been informed only 8000 home area seats were bought by end of play on Monday. Our fan base is bigger than that, so let's show that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    braydex said:

I am not disputing the support at the 2 away games which has been magnificent, save the moronic few. It is Saturday at The Valley where our support will be judged. I have been informed only 8000 home area seats were bought by end of play on Monday. Our fan base is bigger than that, so let's show that.

I, like thousands of others was once a loyal customer at this club.

But imagine you are loyal to your local curry house, and every time you order your favourite takeaway, the name has changed. And every time your order arrives, its wrong, cold and a bit shit. And when you complain time and again about your shit, cold curry, the owner give you another piss poor excuse which you know is basically a lie, before insulting you and making you feel like your custom wasn't wanted in the first place because you're nothing more than an annoying twat.

Some may think it's 'weird' but I think you'll find in the end, most people will choose not to return to that curry house and will find a new, better one to order from in the future whilst watching your old one slowly cease to trade, 'cause all the locals have cottoned on.

Ok, enjoy your new Stratford Curry House
  • Options

braydex said:

But imagine you are loyal to your local curry house, and every time you order your favourite takeaway, the name has changed. And every time your order arrives, its wrong, cold and a bit shit. And when you complain time and again about your shit, cold curry, the owner give you another piss poor excuse which you know is basically a lie, before insulting you and making you feel like your custom wasn't wanted in the first place because you're nothing more than an annoying twat.

Some may think it's 'weird' but I think you'll find in the end, most people will choose not to return to that curry house and will find a new, better one to order from in the future whilst watching your old one slowly cease to trade, 'cause all the locals have cottoned on.

Stratford? Salfend more like!
  • Options

braydex said:

Strange response...
  • Options
    Are you saying none of our loyal customers will try West Ham this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    where is this west ham curry house you speak of?
  • Options

Are you for real or have you been under a rock for the last couple of years?
  • Options

Disinterested, the club have alienated me, so they dont get my money, its not Charlton Athletic anymore, so fuck em.
  • Options
    Unfortunately they don't listen. So, that realised, support the team as always done. Good players will come good.

And for those who are looking elsewhere for their "curry", this is located in the south of Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
  • Options
    The Spice Inn in Romford Road is a bloody good curry house.
  • Options
    I need to find a new curry house. There's one down in Hayes that delivers to Bromley, but they're bloody slow.

For Chinese you can't beat a bit of Ho Luk though, I shit you not - they genuinely deliver within about 15 minutes.. Even if you're ordering a meal for 4 people. Top quality nosh too.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    I will always support the team but owner who's killing the club NO! ! And Slades on thin ice too!!