Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Russell

Just don't think he oozes enough confidence, even when he's doing a press conference its as though its a script written by you know who. We need it from the heart....we need the Powell effect. If they loose on Saturday there will probably be a pitch invasion.

Comments

• edited August 2016

Just don't think he oozes enough confidence, even when he's doing a press conference its as though its a script written by you know who. We need it from the heart....we need the Powell effect. If they loose on Saturday there will probably be a pitch invasion.

I don't care about what he says or does well or poorly in press conferences, or his body language on the touchline, I care about how he sets teams up and coaches them. Thus far, thoroughly underwhelmed and legitimately worried.
  • Do me a favour!

We don't have a midfield. We don't have a squad worthy of the conference. He's being lied to day in, day out. Give the guy some slack.

Sir Bobby Robson, assisted by Fergie and Sir Alf Ramsey couldn't get us scoring at the moment.
  • he took the job and knew the score ...he is simply not good enough .....hope he proves me wrong ....and wins the next 45 games .....
  • edited August 2016
    He is already on thin fucking ice as far as I am concerned and needs to start a charm offensive to convince me he is not just another ego.
  • It's odd. Refuses to acknowledge how crap we've been, but then criticises Ajose and has a go at Louis. Hardly seems like a great mentality to be working with two games in. If he's feeling the pressure already he's going to shit himself when the real Charlton nonsense starts happening
  • My old history teacher always told us to attack the question unless it was a good question.
    I don't think he could have taught Mr. Slade....
  • Russell started losing his rag with Louis at the end of that interview... We are all pessimistic - because it's been so long since Charlton fans had something to be genuinely optimistic about. We just lost to Cheltenham, for goodness sake, what does he expect?

Link please
  • Sponsored links:

• To be honest, I don't think he's very good.

Me neither, but let's not lose sight of the bigger picture. Time to crank up the pressure on the owner and CEO, because until they're gone we're screwed whoever's in charge of the team.
  • Lukewarm over him to begin with - an improvement over every post Powell stooge yes - but he is rapidly becoming one of them.

Not impressed.
  • Thank Christ others are now seeing it! I've said all along he's no good and took the job on for all the wrong reasons and I've been mauled over my comments!
  • It's another of the regime's achievements to get us talking like this about the new manager after two games. In a post-Fraeye world it seems acceptable. If anyone else owned us, I'd be making a case for looking at the bigger picture. But that's such a scary picture right now, and Slade need to be straight, and level-headed. I think right now he's trying to protect his team, but they need to start helping him out.
  • Russell started losing his rag with Louis at the end of that interview... We are all pessimistic - because it's been so long since Charlton fans had something to be genuinely optimistic about. We just lost to Cheltenham, for goodness sake, what does he expect?

Link please
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4916723-listen-cafc-russell-slade-believes-his-side-had-ample-opportunities-to-get-eflcup-win?utm_campaign=detailpage&utm_content=retweet&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter
  • Think he's deluded. Don't have much sympathy for him as he knew what he was getting into and if he didn't he could easily have found out with a couple of well placed phone calls, like Wilder did.
  • only ever managed (mostly) struggling league one sides before the cardiff job where with a quality squad he finished 2 points above a bob peeters/crouching guy hidden ferguson belgium athletic