Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Options
    I have to say although it was disappointing for the US guy falling off that bar, I was quite happy about it.
  • Options
    First round to Kelly across the board
  • Options
    I don't really understand who has what rotations left.
  • Options
    Second round to Kelly as well. Surely through.
  • Options
    Looks like Russia on floor, Britain on pommel, some teams finished? Not sure about USA and Japan....
  • Options
    Come on the girlie egg chasers
  • Options
    Brit boxer through nice and easy
  • Options

Not really sure, it's quite confusing if you're a novice. It also seems like the Brazilian TV producer is focused on everyone except our athletes !
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Not really sure, it's quite confusing if you're a novice. It also seems like the Brazilian TV producer is focused on everyone except our athletes !
    ...might have been better if they hadn't focused on us !
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Come on the girlie egg chasers

Getting thrashed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I watched team gymnastics at the uk 2012 olynpics in the stadium and it was confusing then. I thought it was because we couldn't get the summaries off the tv commentators but they haven't helped the casual watcher either.
  • Options
    Getting battered by Canada in the women's sevens bronze match at the minute
  • Options
    Came 4th then in the gymnastics. Couple of brilliant performances shy of a medal.
  • Options
    We love coming 4th
  • Options
    Louis Smith only does one apparatus in the entire rotation and he fucks it up. Then our commentators say they have it their all and all of them should be proud of their performances. Eh?

We should be more like the Chinese, pissed off that we only got bronze, not celebrating fourth place
  • Options
    se9addick said:

It seems that we missed most of the live action, and had no idea what the scores would be until the end.

Gymnastics is great for the live spectators, as there's always something going on in front of you, but from a TV point of view, you miss so much as it all happens at the same time
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Louis Smith only does one apparatus in the entire rotation and he fucks it up. Then our commentators say they have it their all and all of them should be proud of their performances. Eh?

We should be more like the Chinese, pissed off that we only got bronze, not celebrating fourth place

Should we also be like the Chinese and remove kids from their parents and "life" at a very young age and keep them in training camps so that's all they do and know every day of their lives?
  • Options
    The women's rugby team had a bit of a mare in their bronze medal match...
  • Options
    DRAddick said:

sam3110 said:

Should we also be like the Chinese and remove kids from their parents and "life" at a very young age and keep them in training camps so that's all they do and know every day of their lives?
    Seems to work for them.
  • Options
    total shocker the Canadians out bulked them and they went back to the nervy errors they had in their first game against Brazil.

Got beaten by the coaching I reckon. Canadians loaded up with power against our speed and we responded by dropping players who could have scored with pace by bringing on lesser defensive players. Like Charlton but not as depressing because there is quality there that just didn't do it today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe there should be be a cooper medal for team games worth half a point.
  • Options
    Copper
  • Options

total shocker the Canadians out bulked them and they went back to the nervy errors they had in their first game against Brazil.

Got beaten by the coaching I reckon. Canadians loaded up with power against our speed and we responded by dropping players who could have scored with pace by bringing on lesser defensive players. Like Charlton but not as depressing because there is quality there that just didn't do it today.

We looked beaten even in the tunnel before the ko. The difference in body language between the two teams was huge.
  • Options
    Oh, Jim rosenthal is the perfect example of a lame ass stealing a living. Roger Johnson is less of a thief.
  • Options
    Coverage of gymnastics was very poor all round. We were two points behind China going into last rotation so little chance to make that up -therefore Louis had to go for broke and it didn't come off. Instead he came off the pommel. No need to scapegoat him but no doubt the media will try.

If the commentary team were actually at the event then they should and could have explained things far better.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    The difference a day makes.

The GB Women absolutely blitzed Canada in the group match yesterday. Today they themselves were blitzed.

EDIT: I'm talking Rugby Sevens.
  • Options
    started with a different team and got rocked off the ball early with too much weight. Need to get some quality heavyweights in or the speedy girls need to stop making so many errors, poor game for the team today based on the Olympic Games I've seen which is nearly all of them.

Happy to see the sevens in the Olympics though. Was a good spectacle and much easier to understand for the casual than 15 a side, which would be a stupid game to have in the olympics.

• Options

started with a different team and got rocked off the ball early with too much weight. Need to get some quality heavyweights in or the speedy girls need to stop making so many errors, poor game for the team today based on the Olympic Games I've seen which is nearly all of them.

Happy to see the sevens in the Olympics though. Was a good spectacle and much easier to understand for the casual than 15 a side, which would be a stupid game to have in the olympics.

No more stupid than football.
  • Options
    Yep football should not be in the olympics I agree.