Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2016 Olympics in Rio...

Comments

• Think I might love the young British diver
  • The Chinese divers are unreal. Synchronised perfection.
  • Was the Olympics TV wise better in the old days here we are kruse going for bronze and bbc are interviewing the divers
  • edited August 2016
    Cracking manoeuvre.

CAUTION GRAPHIC GIF.

• Balls.

Maddisos was very good in the semis agree with that but thought he could have had the Russian there in the bronze medal thing.

Bit of expected gamesmanship from the Russian guy and his clearly quality Italian coach.
  • Going to watch the women's rugby 7s hopefully not get battered by Fiji.
  • Seem to be 7-0 up without having seen any play.
  • When's the men's swimming 100m final?
  • When's the men's swimming 100m final?

If you mean Peaty I think it's on around 2.50am.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

Cracking manoeuvre.

CAUTION GRAPHIC GIF.

Aashhhhhh!!!
  • edited August 2016
    red_murph said:

When's the men's swimming 100m final?

If you mean Peaty I think it's on around 2.50am.
    Yes. Cheers
  • Just watching the Boxing. Thought they always wore head guards in the Olympics??
  • The Dutch cyclist is in intensive care with concussion and three cracks in her spine, as reported by Dutch news.
  • The Dutch cyclist is in intensive care with concussion and three cracks in her spine, as reported by Dutch news.

Opened this thread to see if there was any news as I was watching live, horrible crash.

Which Olympic sports do people think are the best to watch on telly? Always get a bit stuck choosing them on the red button.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Just watching the Boxing. Thought they always wore head guards in the Olympics??

Wondering that myself. I'm enjoying it.
  • Clash of heads there leading to a cut eye. Doubt it would have happened with head guards
  • I'm shocked by the amateurness of these games.

A real case of 'that will do', when in fact, quite obviously it won't.

After seeing the disgraceful road racing courses, the flimsy construction at the events, cancellation of the rowing and nobody actually going to the venues, I get the feeling something later on is going to go disaterously wrong.

Opened this thread to see if there was any news as I was watching live, horrible crash.

Which Olympic sports do people think are the best to watch on telly? Always get a bit stuck choosing them on the red button.
    Women's Synchronised Diving mate hands down
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Just watching the Boxing. Thought they always wore head guards in the Olympics??

headgear has been banned for a couple of years as studies showed it caused more injuries
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely sickening for the poor gymnast, will never compete again most likely. If they really did drop him off the stretcher that is pathetic really.

Glad the reports on the cyclist are that she will likely make a full recovery although 3 back fractures and intensive care sounds a lot more serious than the reporting to me.

Shame our very honourable Brit lost to the Russian in the fencing and can't help but wonder whether the Russian was sponsored by the State.... At the very least he could have done with going to charm school, very dislikeable character with all his 'gamesmanship' and lack of humility at the end I thought. Somewhat un-Olympian like.
  • Absolutely sickening for the poor gymnast, will never compete again most likely. If they really did drop him off the stretcher that is pathetic really.

Glad the reports on the cyclist are that she will likely make a full recovery although 3 back fractures and intensive care sounds a lot more serious than the reporting to me.

Shame our very honourable Brit lost to the Russian in the fencing and can't help but wonder whether the Russian was sponsored by the State.... At the very least he could have done with going to charm school, very dislikeable character with all his 'gamesmanship' and lack of humility at the end I thought. Somewhat un-Olympian like.

He never seemed confident in beating him at one stage it looked like he may be able too, but a leftie and a right hander ( I think it was these two) made it quite difficult for the pair of them, I am mates with the ex British number 1 female fencer and watched more of it than I ever would have had I not known her but it's a very tactical and more athletic than I realised, every Russian win is debatable, I reckon old vlad is shipping over fans to combat the booing,

Glad the British girl never one the bike riding or even got a medal, of she was a Russian the UK press would have been slating the decision

Just got to hotel in Newquay and trying to stay up for the breaststroke final but struggling tbh, he will probably false start and get disqualified if I do manage to stay awake
  • Here we go then he looks nervous to me
  • Good start, and hitting the front, he is very fast ain't he
  • Peaty wins! Taken almost a second off of the pre-Olympic WR as well.
  • New world record again in the final, beating his own record, he doesn't even look out of breath got a boys head on a man's body wining by over a second
  • Djokovic has been knocked out of the tennis in the first round.
  • Murray and Murray out of the doubles as well.
  • Tuned in to watch the swimming and my Sky box shuts down as they dive into the pool. Quick switch to iPlayer to find out the wifi is down. Grrrr. Just seen Peatys swim now, great stuff and from Carlin as well.
  • I dont understand how gymnastics is in the Olympics when other circus acts like tightrope walking, the flying trapeze & sword swallowing isnt.