Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Life Valley Tour Friday 3rd November 5.30pm

There's been a fair bit of talk on other threads regarding arranging a Valley tour for "Charlton Lifers". Many people have done previous tour, which is hosted by Kevin Nolan, and marketing say it lasts about an hour.

For pictures from suzi's tour see

http://www.charltonlife.com/gallery/index.php?album=Valley-Tours

The date that has risen to the top of the pile is Friday the 3rd of November- Next day we play Manchester City so it gives us a good chance to see the Valley in operation the day before a match.

Cost of the tour is £150 and can accomadate up to 30 people. Unlike the advertised tours to accomadate those working we have been able to get an early evening tour- starting at 5.30pm, the normal food is not included, but Bartrams will be open after the tour when it would be good to get to know the other "lifers" over a few beers.

Will those people who want to go sign up below- To be fair to the others, the consensus of opinion is that, once it's booked, and i'll confirm before advising the club,if you sign up the place is yours and you pay, we'll sort out collecting the money later.

I need to confirm to the club by thursday and it's first come first served with a max of 30.

I'm in for one.

Comments

• Sounds like a larf, count me in dood.
  • Count me in too!
  • Count me in, then off to Fabric! woop woop!
  • Count me in, then off to bed! night night!
  • is friday night a good night for a lot of people.

i could possibly do it but would not be hanging around as i have a few friends arriving for the weekend that night for the City game etc. football and fireworks and a few nights in the clarendon...

ill have to get back to you.
  • oh crap, good job you said that, my friend is coming over from ireland and i have a half day! sorry!
  • perhaps curb it has a point about fridays, though i thought it would be more attractive than the mondays that were also on offer.
  • i dont mind some friday nights... but a night before a game etc, fireworks weekend. bla bla.
  • count me in AND jimmymelrose who is back from France for the weekend. 2 definately.
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to confirm what LargeAddick says. I'll be there. In fact it's the only night I can make it before Xmas!!!!
  • I quite like the idea of going round the dressing rooms and the set up pre match.
  • I agree with Rothko. Night b4 a match will make it all seem a bit more 'real'.
  • Hi All,

So far we have

04_MCS
    F Blocker
    Rothko
    AFKA
    Large
    JimmyMelrose
    Me

(and a possible Curb It).

I have to confirm to the club tommorow, as it stands, with seven people it works out at approx £21.50 each- guess it would be sensible if people will confirm if they are happy with this.

Either that or recruit others for the tour!?

I'm ok with the cost, but it would be nice if other "Lifers" made it a bigger group, it's a great oportunity to meet the people behind the opinions on here.
  • sorry mate, i'm not ok with that cost, and to be honest i don't think most others would either.

Could everyone else have a think and consider coming along ?

As said, the night before a game is an excellent time to see the stadium, and we'll all go for a few beers after.
  • i know that 1905 and co were up for this, he obviously cant make it as not replied, suzi cant make this night and i could make it but would need to run straight off.
  • I'm with AFKA i'm afraid - £21.50 is a bit too steep.

Any chance on getting an extension from the club for the confirmation deadline?
  • Not at that cost, if a few more get on board, and drive the price down, then I'm good to go.
  • no for me and JimmyMelrose too at that price. We'd be happy at a tenner each. Try to extend deadline and go on a recruitment drive !!
  • can we invite non Charlton Lifers ??
  • Sponsored links:

• I'll let AFKA have the final say on non Charlton lifers, but i feel that if we can't get enough from within, then why not-

The only caveat i would add is that the "Lifer" would need to ensure payment from the "guest"

Good shout on the £10- we need fifteen people to make that obviously-In the absence of any dissenting posts, if we have that by 5pm on Thursday i'll book it, otherwise we'll let it pass.

Lets get recruiting then!
  • no problem with people inviting guests.
  • Would love to go, but cos of where I work (Faversham) would need to leave work about 3.30pm to get a train that would make it to Charlton B4 5.30pm. Not much chance of that I'm afraid.
  • It would seem a shame to me to let such an opportunity pass.

For that reason I sprang into action this evening, made a few calls, and I've managed to get an extra four people, with another couple possible. Four are definate so that makes 14. So we need one more. Large Addick has agreed to pay up front immediately for himself, me, and these four. Has anyone else managed to recruit anyone? C'mon guys: if I can get an extra four people in one evening, making phonecalls from France then I reckon that together we could easily get 20. There must be loads of season ticket holders who'd jump at the chance. Even with just 14 we should book it and we're bound to get some others on board by then.
  • Sorry, I've read back a few postings and perhaps that doesn't make 14 but 12. Nevertheless we're getting mighty close to 15 - I reckon I could get three more alone!
    I did it against Everton in '86!
  • i'll try and do a bit of rallying tomorrow.
  • Anyway, at present it stands at 12.50 each and we can surely drive it down further. What does everyone else think?
  • Sorry AFKA, I posted the last message before I'd seen yours. Good luck with the rallying. We need a comment from 'stanmoreaddick' really as it seems that it is he who would be making the booking.
  • I'm sure with some AFKA rallying and a bit more recruitment we'll do it.

Great work Jimmymelrose- the efforts are appreciated!!!

As i said earlier- if we have 15 "lifers" commited then i'l book but the more the merrier!

I'm sure we can do it as it'll be a good evening.
  • at the moment I make it 11. Any more takers ?