Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Squad is absolute bare bones now

Don't worry - there was a brilliant press conference yesterday where someone employed by Duchatelet and Meire was impressively making 'all the right noises'.

What could possibly go wrong?
    Wait till this lot hear the news i shared last night LOL MELTDOWN!
    What news was that then ? @C4FC4L1f3
    lets just say a few more players will be going soon.
    You say that as though it's news.

Ever since the fans revolted (and letter dropped his street in Belgium) he was going to sell every player that we got a bid for.

None of the sales that have happened this summer have come as any sort of surprise to me, nor will the sale of Tex and Lookman. Diarra, Kashi and Bauer would have been sold too, has they not been injured.

The only surprise is that we have sold them off so cheaply. I am in two minds, but will not be, in the slightest, surprised if we sell Solly and Fox before the end of August either.

Harriott was given a contract extension in the summer after he'd been not wanted for most of the season. This was obviously just so that we could sell him and 'show a profit'.
  • People saying they are not bothered which is strange after the impact he had at Colchester and the fact we now have no pace in midfield, but if he wants to leave or any player then I say let them go, good luck Messi.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Don't worry - there was a brilliant press conference yesterday where someone employed by Duchatelet and Meire was impressively making 'all the right noises'.

Ever since the fans revolted (and letter dropped his street in Belgium) he was going to sell every player that we got a bid for.

None of the sales that have happened this summer have come as any sort of surprise to me, nor will the sale of Tex and Lookman. Diarra, Kashi and Bauer would have been sold too, has they not been injured.

The only surprise is that we have sold them off so cheaply. I am in two minds, but will not be, in the slightest, surprised if we sell Solly and Fox before the end of August either.

Harriott was given a contract extension in the summer after he'd been not wanted for most of the season. This was obviously just so that we could sell him and 'show a profit'.
    agreed but what if the manager was unaware the players are already sold :smiley:
  • How's this bad? He was never a regular and in my honest opinion crap! He couldn't trap a rabbit let alone a football. He was the only person who could tackle himself. Yes he was one of us but he has never fulfilled what he could have been. He wouldn't have been a star this year either like everyone says as he is and always was to comfortable at Charlton. He scored two terrific goals one of which I'll always be thankful for. So good luck Callum Harriott!

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd fancy myself trapping a football more than a rabbit. The little buggers move like lightning.
    No, it's not just you. I can't trap either but if my life depended on it I'd choose the 'trap a football or die' challenge.
    They should introduce this as half time entertainment.
  • Hasn't Redhenry already posted that the replacement being lined up is better ? Chill your beans on this one.
  • edited August 2016
    I can't see Roger Johnson doing anything after football other than being cast in Eastenders.
  • Good luck to him at Reading.
    Always gave his best even if many on here don't see it that way. I guarantee that the player that is brought in, if anyone is brought in, won't be fit to lace his boots.
    I fully expect him to do well this year, while we will continue our race to the bottom, bringing in League 1/League 2 players at best, that may keep us in the division, instead of Championship/Top League 1 players to ensure instant promotion.
  • Hasn't Redhenry already posted that the replacement being lined up is better ? Chill your beans on this one.

hmm
  • Sponsored links:

• Bit of a loss to the dressing room I suspect - the latest youngster thrown in too early always seem to mention him as someone who helped them transition to the first team, and this was fairly apparent watching him on the sidelines/warmups
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

agreed but what if the manager was unaware the players are already sold :smiley:
    C'mon then - out with it. People went on the pitch for you :wink:

You can't just throw this out without telling us, unless you're trying to be the next Colin
  • boggzy said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oW8PspzmL4o
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

Harriott wasn't given a contract extension. We took up the years option we had so we could do exactly what we have done, sell him for a fee. Callum had no choice in the matter as the option was the Clubs to exercise.
  • cabbles said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

C'mon then - out with it. People went on the pitch for you :wink:

You can't just throw this out without telling us, unless you're trying to be the next Colin
    Slade made clear he saw players still leaving in his presser yesterday. I'd be surprised if he didn't know exactly who was going and who was staying, and even pointed, albeit somewhat cryptically, to Tex and Harriott as two of those he expected to go.

The key is not so much who goes, but what the squad looks like at the end of the transfer window. I imagine that's how Slade will see it too.
  • Not a championship player. Would of been better in L1 though
  • He had all the talent imaginable, but the wrong attitude, he went away fixed the attitude came back and sounded like he had turned his personal performance around, good luck to him and well done for turning his performances around and not wasting his career which I honestly felt he was going to do

Its ironic that the lack of desire misfortune fell on the club instead
  • Good luck to him, I hope reading and Qpr both go up, would be hilarious to see half our team in the premiership whilst we slip into league 2.

For once though I would like to see an actual fee rather than undisclosed!

Weird
  • Good luck to him, I hope reading and Qpr both go up, would be hilarious to see half our team in the premiership whilst we slip into league 2.

For once though I would like to see an actual fee rather than undisclosed!

You might as well as well go for Brighton in the play offs for the full tesco carrier bag set.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

How the hell do you know this but Slade doesn't?
  • Sponsored links:

• Never forgive him for that six yard open goal miss against Sheffield United in QF of FA Cup. Denied us a semi final at Wembley
  • Good move for Harriott and maybe it'll help him settle down and find some consistency. Personally I've never been a fan of his. Head down merchant with irratic finishing. Perhaps unkind and could be a maturity thing. Hope he does well.
  • Just out of interest if a potential signing was reading this forum what do you think they would make of all the negative comments about a home grown talent with almost 100 first team appearances under his belt. Would a potential signing like to play for us with these sort of opinions; how about some support for the team. I look forward to the next target for the boo boys seems to be an unwritten rule that we must have one after all.

If a player decides on his future club based on comments we make about a completely different player, then they are soft in the head and i don't want them anywhere near our club anyway.

You read that Hayden Mullins? Feck off
  • Never forgive him for that six yard open goal miss against Sheffield United in QF of FA Cup. Denied us a semi final at Wembley

I think you'll find Roland probably cost us the semi final.

Was a bad miss though. But in fairness Harriott did score in the Sheff wed game to help get us to that game.
    Powell technically cost us, played Tudgay up front on his own, as a defiant stand against RD
  • edited August 2016
    So, as I understand it:

- when he was our player, he wasn't good enough for the Championship, so we "relegated" him on loan to League One

- now we're relegated to League One, he's good enough for the Championship.

Still, everything is for the best in this best of all possible regimes.
  • edited August 2016

Short on players. But especially wide players.

How wide is Holmes? Who is going to play LM?

Peter Garland might make a comeback.

He's a wide player.

On a serious note I'm sorry to see Callum go. A hardworking winger with pace and flair, two qualities that it appears will be notoriously absent this coming season.