Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• Options
    Short on players. But especially wide players.

How wide is Holmes? Who is going to play LM?
  • Options
    Good luck to him, a lot of nonsense written about him on here. Probably would've done a decent job where we now find ourselves but if it allows Lookman to stay, at least for now, then he looks likely to add more. Thought he always gave his best.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
    sam3110 said:

vff said:

IMO. We have had a number of young players who could have done a job in League one - Pope & Harriot being examples. Unless in the unlikely case that there is someone coming in to replace, this move makes no footballing sense to me.

Lol, Pope to Burnley, Harriott to Reading make no footballing sense? Teams in divisions above us bid for our players, two players who aren't universally liked, and you question the footballing sense in it. The players want a move to a higher division, we want them off the wage bill, and have already replaced Pope with a better keeper on a year long loan, and I have no doubt we will do similar with Harriott
    It is better to develop your own quality keeper. The Norwich keeper looks ok but it is wishful thinking that Duchatelet is very ambitious for promotion & they will stay with Charlton. Murray said that gone were the days that Charlton have to sell all their young players. Your confidence / Optimism that Charlton will get a better replacement for Harriot is great and all but ignores the evidence of the last 2 years where getting rid of decent players without replacing them is the norm.

Getting rid one of the few wingers that are proven at League one 2 days before the season starts without replacement makes no sense to me.

I Lol at your Lol.
  • Options
    just Tex and Lookie to go now. Count ourselves lucky that Diarra, Kashi and Bauer are all injured.
  • Options

just Tex and Lookie to go now. Count ourselves lucky that Diarra, Kashi and Bauer are all injured.

If WHU decide to come in for Fox, then he will be gone too.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Holmes is about as wide as Russell Slade.
  • Options
    They will flog anything they can they would have flogged the sofa if we hadn't destroyed it.
  • Options
    Phillips is our new development keeper.

Pope developed so well he got an offer from a club that from his perspective was good and for Roland he can't believe a player who doesn't run at all is worth so much, has issues Katrien with an instruction to do more of that.

If you are demoted with a bad team feeling and no manager at the end of the season, expect to lose players. Harriott was one who was always expected to go and we may not have a permanent replacement lined up but I bet we have a loan replacement at least before the end of the window, we may not have anyone the first 4-5 games of the season.
  • Options

Squad is absolute bare bones now

Don't worry - there was a brilliant press conference yesterday where someone employed by Duchatelet and Meire was impressively making 'all the right noises'.

What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Don't worry - there was a brilliant press conference yesterday where someone employed by Duchatelet and Meire was impressively making 'all the right noises'.

Wait till this lot hear the news i shared last night LOL MELTDOWN!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lookman. If he's not sold too.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited August 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

What news was that then ? @C4FC4L1f3
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A shame. As some others have said, he always gave his all, even if it didn't always come off for him. Good luck Callum.

Two other consequences of this are:
    - my son is devastated as he and Callum are Instagram buddies
    - the guy next to me in East Stand Block D (YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!) will no longer shout "Harriott, you're a bloody liability" every time he gets the ball
  • Options
    Crazy decision in my opinion. Proven pedigree at this level, one of the few that can make things happen.we won't get better.
  • Options
    Always liked Callum mainly because he offered something different and on the right day could cause a bit of havoc, a bit in and out but I felt consistency would come with the right coaching. Sorry to see him go but wish him all the best for the future. We may rue this decision I feel.
  • Options

Lookman. If he's not sold too.
    If he is sold (or injured, or in need of a rest) then I think I'm right in believing THD is our only option?

• Options

Crazy decision in my opinion. Proven pedigree at this level, one of the few that can make things happen.we won't get better.

When did he last make something happen in a red shirt?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to see Callum go. Met him couple of times in the hospitality suites and also he went out of his way to speak to us at the Training Ground Experience last year. A very likeable young man. Good luck Callum
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think it was the right decision to sell. He'd gone stale here and i don't think he'd ever have produced his best, especially if as some have said, he was fed up and wanted to leave anyway. He'll probably do well in a fresh, new environment.

Problem is though, the already small squad is now another player short.
  • Options
    Feel it's a shame, reckon Slade could get him playing smarter and more consistently. Hard to comment on our younger players over the last couple of seasons, the revolving door of crap coaches and their assistants has hardly helped in the development of our younger players has it?
  • Options
    Good he has gone now get a better player in.
  • Options
    Just out of interest if a potential signing was reading this forum what do you think they would make of all the negative comments about a home grown talent with almost 100 first team appearances under his belt. Would a potential signing like to play for us with these sort of opinions; how about some support for the team. I look forward to the next target for the boo boys seems to be an unwritten rule that we must have one after all.
  • Options
    vff said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

boggzy said:

What news was that then ? @C4FC4L1f3
    lets just say a few more players will be going soon.
  • Options
    It is obvious if we want any new players all those with value will go.

So fully expect Tex, Bauer and Lookman to go before the transfer window.

It is there modus operandi and has been all along
  • Options

How's this bad? He was never a regular and in my honest opinion crap! He couldn't trap a rabbit let alone a football. He was the only person who could tackle himself. Yes he was one of us but he has never fulfilled what he could have been. He wouldn't have been a star this year either like everyone says as he is and always was to comfortable at Charlton. He scored two terrific goals one of which I'll always be thankful for. So good luck Callum Harriott!

Maybe it's just me, but I think I'd fancy myself trapping a football more than a rabbit. The little buggers move like lightning.
    No, it's not just you. I can't trap either but if my life depended on it I'd choose the 'trap a football or die' challenge.
  • Options
    We look very threadbare in midfield with Diarra & Kashi out, but i was thinking that yesterday, too (i.e. Harriott wasn't the answer to that problem).

I haven't seen any pre-season, but I didn't sense that we carried much of an attacking threat in many games, including the considerable # of minutes Harriott played. I'm willing to believe RS felt he could do better if someone was willing to take Harriott off us... but that remains to be seen.
  • Options
    I watched the England U19's and most of those guys couldn't trap a ball, very poor first touch. Fine with their delivery but first touch was awful
  • Options
    Not good enough by regime. Squad not good enough. Supporters are again being " played" by KM and RD.