Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Callum Harriot to Reading - CONFIRMED

Comments

• francis coquelin another one
  • Here's one I bet some have forgotten (and I'd have back)

Milos Veljkovic

Currently at Werder Bremen....9 caps for Serbia.

And talking of Slav players....I'd have Astrit Ajdarevic back too.

• edited May 2019
    And I liked Harriot too. Was instrumental in our 3-2 comeback win away to Sheff Wed (Sordell 3)
  • Simonsen said:

Here's one I bet some have forgotten (and I'd have back)

Milos Veljkovic

Currently at Werder Bremen....9 caps for Serbia.

And talking of Slav players....I'd have Astrit Ajdarevic back too.

Yep, completely forgot about him.
  • edited May 2019
    Simonsen said:
    And I liked Harriot too. Was instrumental in our 3-2 comeback win away to Sheff Wed (Sordell 3)
    Spurs loanee? Looked decent but got injured  after 2 or 3 games IIRC. 
  • Simonsen said:
    Marvin Sordell you mean?

We signed him on loan from Bolton; played 31-games scored 7-goals in total
  • Simonsen said:

I was sad it didn't work out for Harriot. He really suffered coming into such a disfunctional side but his talent shone through during some impressive spells.
  • Simonsen said:

I was sad it didn't work out for Harriot.

He really suffered coming into such a disfunctional side but his talent shone through during some impressive spells.
    We really suffered with his decision making.

Callum_Messi has very decent ability on the ball, if only his reading of the game had been better.
    There is a player in there, though.

Wish him all the best with his next move.

• Harriott playing for Guyana in the Gold Cup.

0-0 after 25 mins against the US in Minneapolis.
  • They ended up losing 4-0.
  • Sponsored links:

• Has he signed with anyone yet?

If not then this could be a great way to put him in the window even for MLS clubs
  • Simonsen said:

Spurs loanee was Milos Veljkovic in 2015. Been at Werder Bremen since Feb 2016.
  • I watched us vs Guyana last night.  Doesn’t look his style of play has changed at all.  One minute he looks fantastic and the next he looks terrible.  His quickness was causing the opposing fullbacks problems but he still had the 18 step overs while going nowhere and a few crosses that were 5 meters too high.  
  • Wiki says Callum is only 5'5".

As he seems to have shrunk since he left Charlton, I'm afraid he doesn't pass the CL height test.

• To think I used to work with his partner.  
  • To be honest I'd take Morgan Fox back too - Havent had a settled Left-Back since he left
    Hopefully Purrington returns. 
  • Will hold my hands up and admit i wasn't too enthusiastic about his return as i felt his better days were behind him (which could still prove to be true), but given how he has performed in pre-season and add that to our desperate need to sign players, i think he's worth a 1 year deal.

From the limited bits i've seen of pre-season he's looked one of our better players. Just hope it's not just because he's eager for a deal, and that if we do sign him he actually continues to play well.
    There has never been any issue with his ability, it was more about his consistency and footballing brain. Add that to his injury record since he left us then is he worth a punt? 

I’d be looking at a deal until the new year and if he plays a certain amount of games between now and then extend it for another 6 or 18 months. 
  • Given our budget happy for him to sign.
  • edited July 2019
    Didn’t look great at shooting one on one with the keeper before the game in the warmup, the amount of shots that skied over the bar and were not even on target ,was embarrassing for a professional, forgot that he seriously lacks composure, but perhaps he’s the best we can get on this budget?

* Nailed on to bang in a hat trick on Saturday now I’ve said that!
  • Sponsored links:

• I know we’re a little light but we will do well to play a trialist next weekend! 
  • Maybe the plan is to sign him this week

Looking back I did find it strange how he got a lot more minutes than Bonne yesterday

Looking back I did find it strange how he got a lot more minutes than Bonne yesterday
    Different positions.

Different positions.
    As we don’t use wingers Harriott’s there to play up front or just behind. At times watching the stream he looked like he was one of the strikers.
  • Always liked Harriout, remember well his 2 goals against Watford kept us up,
    then the hatrick at Blackpool the following week. Sadly he's probably all that
    we can afford at this stage thanks to RD!

Yeah thought the same, I think he will get a deal. 
  • If he signs, he’ll be a bench player, a direct replacement for Fosu, a slight upgrade on Fosu. But I’d welcome him right now 
  • He works hard, is physically strong and can improve with coaching. Our budget will determine whether we sign him.