Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Russel Slade 100% Support

Put the regime aside, everytime Russell Slade does a interview I'm impressed, I get the general feeling that he cares about rebuilding this club and he %100 has my support and I really do hope the guy does well. I can definitely see him as a manager that JJ and the rest would be willing to roll there sleeves up for.

Looking forward to Bury a little more then I was a few weeks ago

Russell Slade's Red Army!

Comments

• Options
    Seconded
  • Options
    Great, interviews result in 0 league points though... :(
  • Options
    100% support until fuckface roland and that other twat start picking the team, controlling who plays etc.

• Options
    He can't re-build this once great Football Club with his hands tied. The better he performs as a manager the less the regime will come under the spotlight, 'oh but we're doing OK - stop being negative' - as sad as it is, nothing will change, they'll get away with more shit than ever, just with a qualified coach.

I have respect for him for knuckling down and working, but also a lost respect in that he's going to be took for a ride and he knows he is but is trying to ignore the obvious.

Good luck to him - he's no saviour. He's just British, and that's a relief.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

I think if he sails the good ship Charlton through the regime infested waters and comes out the other side, we may have a manager we could be proud of, its been a few years since we had one of those.

I seem to remember you wanted rid of the last one.
  • Options
    please dont fall for it! he will be gone soon, the pressure must continue on the regime.
  • Options

Greenie said:

I think if he sails the good ship Charlton through the regime infested waters and comes out the other side, we may have a manager we could be proud of, its been a few years since we had one of those.

I seem to remember you wanted rid of the last one.
    Here we go........!
  • Options

Put the regime aside, everytime Russell Slade does a interview I'm impressed, I get the general feeling that he cares about rebuilding this club and he %100 has my support and I really do hope the guy does well. I can definitely see him as a manager that JJ and the rest would be willing to roll there sleeves up for.

Looking forward to Bury a little more then I was a few weeks ago

Russell Slade's Red Army!

He'll be gone by November.
    Roland out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't see Slade allowing KM, RD et al to pick the team. They may not let him have all the players he wants, but I do think we've done well to add Crofts, Ajose, Rudd, Pearce, Holmes and Novak. If 3 more of similar quality follow, there's no reason why we can't have a good season in League One.

I do think the manager and players need to be allowed a positive atmosphere to get us back to the Championship. If the team is competing in the top 4, should the protests continue when they could hamper a promotion push.

But how far the regime would back Slade if/once he does restore us to the Championship is another matter. They know the Championship requires big investment to challenge for promotion, so they won't want to do that. But they'll also know you get bigger fees for homegrown players if you are in the Championship and stable
  • Options
    Greenie said:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    It is easily possible to 'fall for' the Slade approach and to continue to protest.
    Slade has got to be successful simply to get us back to where we were when the protests were in full force.
    I don't see any mental gymnastics here.
    The more immediate reaction comes if he doesn't get wins, and/or if he is clearly thwarted by the regime.
  • Options
    WSS said:

He'll realise that we're there to support the team when about 1000 turn up on Saturday despite all of the s**t we've been though.

I'd hazard a guess that he'll also understand why so many people have not renewed their season tickets this year.

Finally, he'll hope that he can create a winning team that can get The Valley crowds back again, even on a game by game basis to show that we can support the team but show defiance to the regime.

I said straight away that Slade's greatest chance of success is to create a them against us mentality with him, the staff, the players and the fans in the "us" camp and RD,KM,TK in the "them" camp. I can't ever see him coming out in fervent "support" of KM to be honest. He'll know the damage it will cause.

Yes I think there may be a lot of truth in this.
    I think it would be possible for Slade and the football side to create a synergy with the fans to create an 'us'.
    Slade also has the gravitas not to position himself as 'against', but to promote the (true) notion that he intends to be professional in his dealings with 'them', but overarchingly he demonstrates he gets the fans and the club, more than he gets 'them'.
  • Options
    Yes of course. 100% support from me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Employed by the regime, part of the regime.
    I'll give him the benefit of doubt until the end of the month. Then I'll decide if to support him or not.
  • Options

Please!!! Russel slades RED&WHITE army. Please

This, this and this.
  • Options

I'll give him the benefit of doubt until the end of the month. Then I'll decide if to support him or not.

So does that apply to all playing and coaching staff? Match day staff? Ticket office staff?
  • Options
    He's got no hair but we don't care!!
  • Options
    Have to say that latest video only reaffirms what a great manager he could be for us.
  • Options

Please!!! Russel slades RED&WHITE army. Please

This, this and this.
    One problem. No one will be there to sing it in the valley
  • Options
    Slade's great so far. Maximum support at away games and armchair following in home games
  • Options
    Dannoo_86 said:

He's got no hair but we don't care!!

Bob Peeters?
  • Options

So does that apply to all playing and coaching staff? Match day staff? Ticket office staff?
    Depends, if they speak for or support the regime, it's a yes.