Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Declan Rudd SIGNS! (Season long loan. Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    T.C.E said:

Redhenry said:

T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.

Glass half full?

I really don't like this c@@t
    Eh? Is that to me?
    I think NLA is referring to the picture RH, although you know what the OB are like they don't like many people. ;)
    Oh, I see
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Well, cut my cock off and call me Nancy. The club have done something right.

Out goes Phillps then, I imagine.

OK, Nancy, I've got my cleaver.
  • Options
    19s - doesn't hold on to the ball.

24s - doesn't hold on to the ball.

I gave up watching at that point.

No better than Pope, then?

Removes tongue from cheek.
  • Options
    Been waiting to announce signing for weeks, although it's taken this long to trawl through the footage to find 10 saves for a 60 second 'highlights' clip
  • Options
    Oh how we have fallen, getting all exited about a loan that will be recalled next month!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Oh how we have fallen, getting all exited about a loan that will be recalled next month!

FFS cant you read!!... He cant be recalled till January!!
  • Options
    Very similar to the signing of Ben Hamer who wasnt close enough to starting at Reading

Only difference is this one is a loan
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Aye cause we can trust Katriens deal making ability!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Greenie said:

Excellent signing for Div 3.

Some of you call it Div 1, some of you call it Div 3, can we all just fucking agree it is League One....
    It's an age thing.
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

He's gonna be rush goalie and cover the centre half position as well isn't he?
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Its not down to her deal making!!... Its Football League rules that have got rid of the short term loan deals etc...!!
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

He's a very good 'keeper. Especially at third division level. He played 11 games in the Premier League last season and would walk into most Championship team XIs. I'm surprised no-one in the Championship has taken a chance on him.

Norwich thought it would do him good to get a season's experience behind Charlton's defence. Essentially gets a 3 season workout in 1 with us, given the number of goals conceded last year!! :wink:

p.s. Welcome Dec...very good signing!
    Never a truer word said in jest!
  • Options

C4FC4L1f3 said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Its not down to her deal making!!... Its Football League rules that have got rid of the short term loan deals etc...!!
    Can you post the rule just so we can take even more fun out of the lighthearted joke?
  • Options

Nug said:

Hope he's got eyes in the back of his head

Probably mate, he is from Norwich
    Double Lol points for that one.
    Copy cat.
  • Options
    T.C.E said:

T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.

Glass half full?

I really don't like this c@@t

I took an instant dislike to him and the contempt he showed when corrected about the name of our stand.
    He came across as shy and ill informed!
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Greenie said:

Some of you call it Div 1, some of you call it Div 3, can we all just fucking agree it is League One....
    It's an age thing.
    No matter what you want to call it, it's the third division, as in there are two more divisions above it in the hierarchy.
    Which was the point I was making amigo.

Next season it'll be division 4!
  • Options
    Great signing. Exceptional at 1v1 situations, standing tall until the very last second.
    Boy will we rely on him this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Huskaris said:

Greenie said:

It's Division 3 or League 1. It is not Division 1. That is the Premier League.

Although Premier also means "first", so you could say that the Premier league is League 1 and thus the 3rd division. QED.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Greenie said:

It's an age thing.
    No matter what you want to call it, it's the third division, as in there are two more divisions above it in the hierarchy.
    Which was the point I was making amigo.

Next season it'll be division 4!
    ...and I was agreeing with you.
  • Options
    welcome Declan
  • Options
    Just curious about Dillon Phillips age compared to Rudd, so I looked on the Charlton OS, and he is nowhere on there, not the first team or development squad. I do not suppose it is anything sinister, just odd
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    A few comments on the Norwich City twitter when they released the news... Seems like they'd have preferred to have sent us Ruddy rather than Rudd

les marsham ‏@diggerfitter 2h2 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC @CAFCofficial surely they missed the y off the end

Martin Rice ‏@martinrice92 2h2 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC @CAFCofficial What? Rudd is a far better keeper than Ruddy any day, for god sake AN you have lost your way #NCFC

Richard Woolf ‏@woolf5y 4h4 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC Presumably a good move for Declan, bad one for Norwich keeping Ruddy unless he is becoming the understudy
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Just curious about Dillon Phillips age compared to Rudd, so I looked on the Charlton OS, and he is nowhere on there, not the first team or development squad. I do not suppose it is anything sinister, just odd

Odd as in weird? You never know with the club at the moment though is he on his way or another admin cock up?
  • Options

A few comments on the Norwich City twitter when they released the news... Seems like they'd have preferred to have sent us Ruddy rather than Rudd

les marsham ‏@diggerfitter 2h2 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC @CAFCofficial surely they missed the y off the end

Martin Rice ‏@martinrice92 2h2 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC @CAFCofficial What? Rudd is a far better keeper than Ruddy any day, for god sake AN you have lost your way #NCFC

Richard Woolf ‏@woolf5y 4h4 hours ago
    @NorwichCityFC Presumably a good move for Declan, bad one for Norwich keeping Ruddy unless he is becoming the understudy

A lot of Norwich fans were calling for Rudd to keep the number one spot last season. Very strange Norwich letting him go, especially on loan. Still, not as bad as selling three goalkeepers with no replacement.
  • Options
    Johnson rates Phillips as the best keeper he's ever worked with. Didn't know that.