Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Declan Rudd SIGNS! (Season long loan. Confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Welcome Declan. See you at the Valley next week.
  • Options
    Good move, any chance of permanent if we did make it up.
  • Options
    Bollocks. Thought this was part of the fishing thread.

Can add him in with Salmon & Fish.
  • Options
    Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.
  • Options

Being completely honest, couldn't care less. You have no ambition if you plump the team up with loans, if we could go into the season with 11 players - they would. We won't go up, we will hit a huge wall with our first few injuries, it will be almost unrecoverable.

Agree - if we have a whole team of loans.

Will wait to see if we get in another 4 or 5, and if they are all loans or not.
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:

Absolutely fantastic signing. One good thing from watching that video is that whenever he parried the ball, he pushed it well away from the danger zone.

Very good keeper. My Norwich supporting mate has raved about him.

You are obviously a man after my own heart when it comes to judging 'keepers. A lot of keepers are happy to just make the save without minimizing the danger of a rebound tap-in, it's a common flaw in goalkeepers that is often overlooked imo.
  • Options

Does anyone have any stats on Boro, Burnley, Hull, Wigan, Burton and Barnsley for last season regarding loans? Be interesting to see how many they had and how pivotal they were to each team, as I believe loans used in the right way can be very beneficial
  • Options
    Welcome Declan. Could just end up being an inspired signing.
  • Options
    I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)imageimage
  • Options

Glass half full?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2016
    So come on Redhenry, any more rumours ?
  • Options
    Never heard of him

Underwhelmed,

By the way he can't play for 6 weeks broken toe nail
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Glass half full?

I really don't like this c@@t
  • Options

I'd agree with this if it was our typical emergency stop gap loan that we make at the end of every January, but this is a loan signing who will actually improve us. He's better than the 2 senior keepers we had here last week.
  • Options
    Good signing. Phillips must stay too and play in the JPT.
    Pearce, a creative midfielder and a striker too please.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

I not sure if sure if I should pleased or not when we have Charltons very own "Ant & Dec" in positions of responsibility, but welcome to the asylum Declan Rudd. ;)image

Redhenry said:

Glass half full?

Eh? Is that to me?
  • Options
    This fella could be the best goalkeeper we've had since Carson. Brilliant signing, and if we get an experienced centre back, creative midfielder or two and another winger I'd be feeling a lot more encouraged about this season.
  • Options
    Impressive You Tube clip of Rudd. More saves there than Nicky Weaver made in his whole career.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Does anyone have any stats on Boro, Burnley, Hull, Wigan, Burton and Barnsley for last season regarding loans? Be interesting to see how many they had and how pivotal they were to each team, as I believe loans used in the right way can be very beneficial
    Boro - 7 loans / 25 incomings
    Burnley - 0 loans / 15 incomings
    Hull - 3 loans / 14 incomings
    Wigan - 11 loans / 41 incomings
    Burton - 7 loans / 24 incomings
    Barnsley - 16 loans / 37 incomings

Note that the incomings also include players returning from previous loans.

Not sure what this really shows. That loans are more vital in league 1? Maybe. But the sample size isn't big enough and there's also the fact that young players who are more likely to get loaned are better suited to L1 football than they are Championship. So it could be that it's not that loans are crucial, just that there are more players available in that market than there are in the championship.

Agree it would be nice to see how pivotal the loans were but I don't have time for that right now. I'll do something on it this weekend. Would like to look at the same thing from the past 3 or 4 seasons maybe.

Interestingly Hull City haven't signed a single player yet. Strange one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he's got eyes in the back of his head
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

T.C.E said:

Redhenry said:

Glass half full?

Eh? Is that to me?
    I think NLA is referring to the picture RH, although you know what the OB are like they don't like many people. ;)
  • Options

Nug said:

Hope he's got eyes in the back of his head

Probably mate, he is from Norwich
    Double Lol points for that one.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

Redhenry said:

Glass half full?

I took an instant dislike to him and the contempt he showed when corrected about the name of our stand.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Big if, but IF he got in 4 more of the pedigree of Novak, Ajose, Rudd and Crofts (and losing a max of Tex perhaps) then would people be happy?

Think a lot will hang on our midfield partnership, assuming the centre two are flanked by Holmes and Lookman

Huge IF. That current midfield reminds me of the Gower / Jackson / Hughes that played on the first day at Bournemouth after TJ pulled funds from Powell. Not quick enough and could get torn apart by a half decent side.
  • Options
    I wonder if Louis Thompson will also sign on loan it just seemed they came as a package when it was first mentioned
  • Options

I wonder if Louis Thompson will also sign on loan it just seemed they came as a package when it was first mentioned

Which, of course, could be the reason it took so long to get over the line.

Maybe we wanted both, but Norwich weren't willing to let Thompson go?
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Not sure what this really shows. That loans are more vital in league 1? Maybe. But the sample size isn't big enough and there's also the fact that young players who are more likely to get loaned are better suited to L1 football than they are Championship. So it could be that it's not that loans are crucial, just that there are more players available in that market than there are in the championship.

Agree it would be nice to see how pivotal the loans were but I don't have time for that right now. I'll do something on it this weekend. Would like to look at the same thing from the past 3 or 4 seasons maybe.

What it shows is loans can very much be part of a successful side. It requires both clubs and the player to treat the loan in the right way, and of course for the player to actually be any good.

As with a lot of things during the Roland era, the idea of using loans hasn't been so bad rather the execution has been terrible. As always, the proof of the pudding is in the eating, but I have real hope that Rudd will be more a Buyens type success rather than a McAleny waste of time.
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Difficult to compare though because most loans could be over the course of the season whilst thats not allowed anymore so I reckon less players will be loaned out (Even if they are it wont be multiple times)