Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St Truiden 2016

Comments

• Options

ST beat Oostende 3-0 tonight with two goals for Igor.

Nothing to offer us, just athleticism : - )
    Which knobhead Who said that?

@cabbles
  • Options
    ST lost 1-0 away to Westerlo last night
  • Options
    STVV beat Lierse 2-1 tonight after being behind for most of the game.
    This takes them equal top of their play-off group with their next game being a home game v Union next Saturday who are at the top with them.
    If they win they will be favourites to go forward with, what we think (though we're not sure!), a play-off for then entrance into the Europa Cup.
    Standard are currently bottom of their 5 team group some 5 points behind STVV,
  • Options
    BTW, there wasnt a Charlton delegation present !
  • Options

STVV beat Lierse 2-1 tonight after being behind for most of the game.
    This takes them equal top of their play-off group with their next game being a home game v Union next Saturday who are at the top with them.
    If they win they will be favourites to go forward with, what we think (though we're not sure!), a play-off for then entrance into the Europa Cup.
    Standard are currently bottom of their 5 team group some 5 points behind STVV,

FYI, Lierse = ex club of Tony Watt ... ( 1 season)
  • Options
    Lost last night at home to FC Union 0-1 , Union are from the league below. Vetokele played.
  • Options
    STVV beat Standard Liege 1-0 last night with an assist by Igor (Ceballos also played) - they are now top of their playoff league with 3 matches to play.
  • Options
    Standard Liege are now bottom of group ,depends if glass half full or not but just to look at what Standard have become is not good from a Charlton point of view.Almost certain Racing Genk will win other group and if STVV hold on that would make a local derby final play off on par with Charlton v Palace.Both hate one another.
  • Options
    Essentially, if STVV win 2 of their remaining 3 games, they win their group.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Standard Liege are now bottom of group ,depends if glass half full or not but just to look at what Standard have become is not good from a Charlton point of view.Almost certain Racing Genk will win other group and if STVV hold on that would make a local derby final play off on par with Charlton v Palace.Both hate one another.

I relate it more to Charlton v Millwall Colin, coz STVV never beat Genk.
  • Options
    Union Saint-Gilloise 1 STVV 4

2 for Vetokele & 2 for Ceballos. 8 mins of the action here. Some excellent goals, but the opposition look poor.

https://nieuws.vtm.be/stadion/stadion/samenvatting-union-stvv

• Options
    Why doesn't the bbc page show the other play off groups ?? Can't find a page that does, link anyone?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    If Sint Truiden finish top, they then need to beat Racing Genk, (who have effectively won Group b), over 1 game, in Genk.

The winner of that game meets the number 4 of the main play-off, which will likely be either AA Gent or Ostend.

The winner of that game gets into the Europa League.
  • Options
    Do they train in the dark ?
  • Options

If Sint Truiden finish top, they then need to beat Racing Genk, (who have effectively won Group b), over 1 game, in Genk.

The winner of that game meets the number 4 of the main play-off, which will likely be either AA Gent or Ostend.

The winner of that game gets into the Europa League.

Why can't they just have a normal league system like we do?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be fair to Ceballos, that corner aside, he looked half decent last year when he wasn't injured. However I get the feeling Slade wasn't ever going to warm to a player like him, and therefore got him shipped out for the season, this was pretty apparent when he played him centre mid away to Bromley in pre season, which in a 442 just isn't going to work. He can play as a number 10 or wide on either wing, and I personally​ hope we give him another chance this time around.

I'd bring Igor back and do all we can to sell Watt
  • Options
    Ready and waiting for Roland's next statement {...}
  • Options
    STVV beat Lierse last night 3-1 away with goals from Igor and Ceballos to almost certainly qualify for next round where they will play Genk.
    Only a loss by six goals in last match v Mechelen would stop them
    They are certainly coming into some form.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    But that is not ST TRUIDEN......that is the home of...............
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    STVV cruised into the next round by mullering Mechelen 7-0 last night and topping the group.
    They have now won their last 5 games (3 away) at an aggregate of 16-2. Both Igor and Ceballos were on the score sheet, and i notice that Ceballos was playing up front with Igor (maybe our forward line up next season ?).
    This would have been the perfect game for Gobbo to evaluate the two of them, and by all accounts he would have been impressed - what do you think? I reckon he was more likely to be poking his belly towards the sun in Benidorm or Wigan.
    The game had added interest in that STVV brought on a young sub on 65 mins called Kurt Abrahams from South Africa when the score was 4-0, who then proceeded to hit a 20 minute hat-trick.Maybe a name for us to watch for the future , in addition to their coach Ivan Leko.
  • Options
    Next game, Genk away next Saturday .
    STVV will be the underdogs, but with the form they are in i wouldnt bet against them.
  • Options
    What's happened there, has the manager has an email to have more shots?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Maybe they have found stumbled on Ceballos's true vocation in football - up front.
    BTW, Genk also have one bloke called Yoni Buyens in their squad - although he doesnt seem to be playing at the moment - maybe another name to watch for the future - i'd have him back.
  • Options
    Perhaps if someone padlocked the gates at Sparrows Lane, Charlton would show a similar improvement.