Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

St Truiden 2016

Comments

• Options

Shocking news about Christophe Lepoint - hoping for all the best for him and his family. Sterkte !!
  • Options
    STVV lost 2-1 away at Gent last night with a 95th minute goal by Rob Schoofs who Gent signed from STVV last season in one of RD's fire sales.
    Zulte-Waregem continue on their way at the top of the league with a 3-2 away win at Mechelen with Igor getting an assist in the 91st minute for the winner. They now stand 4 points clear at the top - an amazing achievement for a tiny club (ground only holds 9500), and quite an achievement for their coach ,Francky Dury (cue jokes about his brother, Ian) - I wonder if he might be a name bandied about for us when RS gets the tin-tack soon?.
  • Options
    Good!
  • Options
    STVV drew 2-2 away to Ostend.
    4th from bottom.
  • Options
    Waregem are still top but Igor still hasn't scored even though he's started more than half their games.

And since Peeters left, Westerlo have won 2 out of 3 and moved off the bottom.
  • Options
    Good !
    Thought i'd just get that in before AFKA!.
  • Options
    Standard lost 1-0 at home to Anderlecht in their " Classico".

Not good. The Standard fans are our allies and still providing useful intelligence and advice.
  • Options
    St Truiden drew 2-2 with lowly Westerlo yesterday in front of 6440 crowd to stay in bottom 4
  • Options
    STVV lost 1-0 away to Genk last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    skywalker said:

http://www.demorgen.be/sport/vetokele-over-de-trainerswals-bij-charlton-bob-peeters-werd-ontslagen-omdat-we-te-sterk-aan-het-seizoen-begonnen-b6900b95/

I guess I'll better translate what's said by Igor. The title states: BP sacked because we had a start of the season that was too good ...
    On his "adventure" in London ... "the most difficult period in my life". In 2014 he went to the Championship. When he heard BP was there he didn't hesitate for a moment. With this move he ended up with RD. "I really didn't want to become part of the Duchâtelet network, ending getting shifted around from one club to another. I made that clear from the beginning. I was ambitious and wanted to play for Charlton, not for another club. However, I soon got branded as a RD product. One can't change what people start to think." Vetokele witnessed the many manager changes(list of names - you know them). "Let me start by saying BP got sacked because we started the season better then anticipated (first 11 games without defeat). Within the club the idea grew to augment the club's ambitions, although we lacked in number of players. Sacking BP was a mistake in my opinion. Luzon and a number of players didn't get along. Everybody understood what he wanted to achieve on defense, but the offensive part was pure chaos.
    As a result of an injury Vetokele missed the better half of last season. He only got to play 16 times and only scored once. "This was the most difficult part of my career, even of my life. I never felt really good after that injury, that wasn't treated well by the physio's (is this English ? ) . They claimed I wasn't really injured. It took 3, 4 months after which I visited Lieven Maesschalck (Antwerp based, world renowned physio therapist) . He immediately knew what the problem was and recommended surgery . Eventually I got the surgery in November. In Engeland they said that the earlier X-rays were taken from a wrong angle, thus resulting in not seeing the injury. Typical for English football, lots of money goes around and they urge you to get back on the pitch ASAP."

I liked Bob Peeters too I must admit. I can't help it but I rated him as a manager. He demonstrated one of the clearest outclassings of an opposing manager when he did Slade, and I said so at the time! As for the treatment of Igor's injury, I recall Meire making a snide comment about his it. Total mismanagement and any player with any sense or choice will avoid us!
  • Options
    2 games for STVV this week - both at home.
    Firstly, Zulte on wednesday and Zulte won 0-2- and also home to Charleroi and drew 2-2.
    Now sitting 3rd from bottom just 1 point about bottom place.
  • Options
    STVV lost away to Eupen (newly promoted) 4-2 tonight to send them 2nd from bottom. Only Westerlo below them now.
  • Options
    Bad
  • Options
    I know it's logical to loathe anything RD touches. He seems to feel the same way, as generally the clubs he gets involved with seem to suffer. But remember the St Truiden fans were broadly supportive of our lads when they went over to visit Roland's back yard.
  • Options
    I wonder if their attendances are suffering as badly as ours
  • Options

I know it's logical to loathe anything RD touches. He seems to feel the same way, as generally the clubs he gets involved with seem to suffer. But remember the St Truiden fans were broadly supportive of our lads when they went over to visit Roland's back yard.

Agree. I sympathise with all the STTV fans except one.
  • Options
    jamescafc said:

I wonder if their attendances are suffering as badly as ours

Last home game v Charleroi there were 7043
  • Options
    STVV lost 0-1 at home to Brugge on Friday night.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We both have reason to go for Duchatelet. If we team up it would really frighten him I think. We need to do it.
  • Options

STVV 15th out of 16
    FC CZ Jena 1/18
    CAFC 14/24
    Alcorcon 19/22
    Ujpest 7/12

Wouldn't be my definition of success ....

One out of five ain't is bad terrible
  • Options
    se9addick said:

STVV 15th out of 16
    FC CZ Jena 1/18
    CAFC 14/24
    Alcorcon 19/22
    Ujpest 7/12

Wouldn't be my definition of success ....

One out of five ain't is bad terrible
    And the one he's 'successful' with are in the 4th tier playing in front of crowds of around 4k.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

STVV lost 1-0 away to Lokeren yesterday and now lie equal bottom.

Sounds like another network managerial change is required. Ideal for COL to have another crack at it, who might be surplus to requirements if Nugent stays and Barker joins :open_mouth: .
  • Options
    Put Your Money Where Your Mouth Is on Friday foreign fair was in St Truiden. Both antique experts bought rubbish.

Could we have Put Your Mouth Where Your Money Is, so we know what your intentions are Roland?