Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Berylson - a proper owner

John Berylson at the New Den today to support Tony Craig's Testimonial. Flew in from the US this morning and flies back tomorrow to manage his other business interests. Has said he will return next weekend for their opener against Oldham. Shame on you Duchatelet, you areshole, one match in two and a half years.

Comments

• Options
    When they were getting relegated, many of their fans were bitter in their blame of Berylson, which reflects a lot worse on them than it does on him.
  • Options
    Bet he's got white railins an all
  • Options

John Berylson at the New Den today to support Tony Craig's Testimonial. Flew in from the US this morning and flies back tomorrow to manage his other business interests. Has said he will return next weekend for their opener against Oldham. Shame on you Duchatelet, you areshole, one match in two and a half years.

Must be a weird/unique feeling for him, to buy a club and to be never welcome there.
    Let's hope he doesn't have that problem for to much longer.
  • Options

Bet he's got white railins an all

And more than one pair of shoes.
  • Options
    BDL said:

If Roland has a live feed it must be from the CCTV Cameras and not the media gantry.

Must be ...Katie couldn't possibly be lying ...could she?
  • Options
    Lost £34 million and rising and without much hope of getting any (or much) of it back. Derided by the fans for not spending more on players but at least he has a steady ship now with some decent players coming through their youth system.I think they will get promoted this year. As things stand, no hope for our lot.
  • Options
    I am on holiday in Cyprus with Millwall fans who know the score re Berylson and they are grateful for what he's done for them.They are also sympathetic to our plight under Duchatelet and angry that he can be allowed to run the club (even Millwall rivals) into the ground. They too are quietly confident of promotion this season. I have even had to decline a 'finish above you bet.'
  • Options
    I think the Millwall owner is a lot richer than Roland and seems to let the clubs manager do his own managing,just a shame Roland don't let our managers do the same
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2016
    He realised his short term approach, signing premier league kids and journeyman, had failed.

Started to think long term when relegation became a huge possibility. I believe 7/8 out of their team last season were the backbone to their relegated team.
  • Options
    doronron said:

I think the Millwall owner is a lot richer than Roland and seems to let the clubs manager do his own managing,just a shame Roland don't let our managers do the same

No he isn't. Berylson net worth estimated at £135m. Duchatelet five times that.
  • Options
    More than that. Roland's me lexis shares have gone up by 25% since end of April.
  • Options
    BDL said:

If Roland has a live feed it must be from the CCTV Cameras and not the media gantry.

with this pure fyah coming from BDL surely it's time for a new q's for BDL thread? :smile:
  • Options

doronron said:

Is that money in the bank or the price on his head? :wink:
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    mrbligh said:

BDL said:

with this pure fyah coming from BDL surely it's time for a new q's for BDL thread? :smile:
    Yep quite agree;

@BDL seasoning or stuffing for my roast chicken this evening.
  • Options
    Ok, from what I can tell, Xtrion NV owns 53.58% of Melexis NV as well as some other stuff. Roland appears to own >99% of Xtrion NV but this is a bit opaque as the ownership is through Stichtig Adminidtrator Xpeqt but an SEC filing suggests Roland has full control of that.

If he does own it all, the current valuation at €58.7 a share in Melexis would be €1.26bn.

So he isn't short of a few euros.
  • Options

Ok, from what I can tell, Xtrion NV owns 53.58% of Melexis NV as well as some other stuff. Roland appears to own >99% of Xtrion NV but this is a bit opaque as the ownership is through Stichtig Adminidtrator Xpeqt but an SEC filing suggests Roland has full control of that.

If he does own it all, the current valuation at €58.7 a share in Melexis would be €1.26bn.

So he isn't short of a few euros.

should be on the savings and investments thread, now there a fecking tight arse.
  • Options

doronron said:

And yet we get Kevin Foley and Andrew Crofts......

The old bastard is too tight to even by a pair of shoes so I guess we shouldn't be that surprised.

Spend some money on your 'investment' ffs.
  • Options
    Got a few mates who are Millwall fans and there's a good feel down there at the moment. They've got one of their own as manager, a good, British core, young, hungry players and some local lads in the team. I expect them to be in the top six this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe this is one of the reasons why I will never have EUR 1bn, but if I did, o would rather spend £20m to stay in the championship or to get back to it than run the risk of losing £5-10m a season in league 1.

Given the shape of the championship and the funds in it right now, I probably would sell to someone with deeper pockets.

It's at least a £50m one year gamble to get promoted to the premiership against the parachutes and the money laundering multi- billionaire owners.