Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

£20M agent fee

I think I'm in the wrong game. How on earth can this be justified ?

Paul Pogba's return to Manchester United has finally been formalised, according to reports, and is set to be officially confirmed by the club.

The Frenchman will move to Old Trafford as part of a record-breaking £112m deal that makes him the most expensive football player in history.

The Independent understands that United will hand over £92m for the Juventus player while the Serie A giants are expected to foot the bill for the tax.

Because of this, the Daily Mail has claimed that Juventus will announce the transfer fee at £84.3m, just shy of the £86m Real Madrid paid to Tottenham for Gareth Bale in 2013.

Furthermore, United and Juventus have also agreed upon a £20m agent fee for Mino Raiola, with Juventus paying for the additional £4m owed to the Dutch football agent.

This follows the news that Pogba had flown to Los Angeles from Miami for his medical on Thursday evening. With this evaluation now believed to have been completed, the DailyMail suggests that the 23-year-old has agreed to sign a five-year contract with United worth £290,000-a-week.

Comments

• Totally ridiculous CE.

There should be set percentage for all agents so that all clubs know where they stand on each transfer.

Unfortunately money is ruining football at the moment.
  • Good luck to him. If he can put together a deal for the most expensive player in the world, between two, huge, rich clubs and secure a £70m salary for the player, then he deserves his chunk of dough.

No-one forces the clubs to pay exorbitant fees.
  • That is an awful lot of money for both the player and the agent.

Especially the agent.

United should have had a sell on fee when they sold him last time, could have paid some money to themselves.

I really hope mourinho screws this up.
  • edited July 2016
    Doesn't he own a percentage of the player's registration?

Oh to be an agent though - crazy money.
  • That is an awful lot of money for both the player and the agent.

Especially the agent.

United should have had a sell on fee when they sold him last time, could have paid some money to themselves.

I really hope mourinho screws this up.

They couldn't negotiate the fee, it was a tribunal as he was out of contract but under 21.
  • edited July 2016
    Other players on Raiola's books also include, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitayan......

The bloke oust be minted - Ibrahimovic has had a fair few transfers himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mino_Raiola
  • How's Pogba going to get by on £290k per week?
  • He is Pogba's agent. Shouldn't he be paying this out of the £70 million? Or, is his cut of that on top of this?
  • Other players on Raiola's books also include, Ibrahimovic and Mkhitayan......

The bloke oust be minted - Ibrahimovic has has a few few transfers himself.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mino_Raiola

Makes you wonder if he's giving back handers to Mourinho, given this will be the third signing this summer by him from the agents books
  • I'm sure this is all above board and that the BVI company that Mourinho may or may not own a stake in receives none of the agency fee (note I made this all up)
  • Sponsored links:

• How much would he worth if he had a half decent Euros. He was rubbish.
  • His fee for 1 transfer is about half of what our entire club is worth!!
  • Maybe we can ask Raiola to put in a bid for us?
  • Fuck football, get into woodturning
  • His fee for 1 transfer is about half of what our entire club is worth!!

Dont you mean double ?!
  • Macronate said:

How's Pogba going to get by on £290k per week?

After paying tax and NI he's only gonna have £154k to play with. How can anyone be expected to live off that.
  • _MrDick said:

Macronate said:

How's Pogba going to get by on £290k per week?

After paying tax and NI he's only gonna have £154k to play with. How can anyone be expected to live off that.
    Wait 'til Jeremy comes to power.

He'll only net £100k a week. Probably be able to claim working tax credits.

• So, imagine this. Man Utd say to Pogba, we'll pay you £290,000 per week, and they say to Juvenus, we'll give you £90,000,000 for Pogba. The agent says, this isn't happening unless someone gives me £20,000,000. Why wouldn't all three turn to the agent and tell him where to get off? Why would any of them want the deal to fail just because someone wants £20m for doing bugger all?
  • So, imagine this. Man Utd say to Pogba, we'll pay you £290,000 per week, and they say to Juvenus, we'll give you £90,000,000 for Pogba. The agent says, this isn't happening unless someone gives me £20,000,000. Why wouldn't all three turn to the agent and tell him where to get off? Why would any of them want the deal to fail just because someone wants £20m for doing bugger all?

You've just answered your question. Why would any of them want it to fail?

United think they're getting value with the fee, plus the wages, plus the agent's fee. The player thinks he's getting enough. Juventus are happy with what they'll net. Everyone in the deal wins.
  • Chizz said:

So, imagine this. Man Utd say to Pogba, we'll pay you £290,000 per week, and they say to Juvenus, we'll give you £90,000,000 for Pogba. The agent says, this isn't happening unless someone gives me £20,000,000. Why wouldn't all three turn to the agent and tell him where to get off? Why would any of them want the deal to fail just because someone wants £20m for doing bugger all?

United think they're getting value with the fee, plus the wages, plus the agent's fee. The player thinks he's getting enough. Juventus are happy with what they'll net. Everyone in the deal wins.
    My point was, why was this in danger of failing because the agent insisted on this £20m? This would have been done days ago but for the agent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

So, imagine this. Man Utd say to Pogba, we'll pay you £290,000 per week, and they say to Juvenus, we'll give you £90,000,000 for Pogba. The agent says, this isn't happening unless someone gives me £20,000,000. Why wouldn't all three turn to the agent and tell him where to get off? Why would any of them want the deal to fail just because someone wants £20m for doing bugger all?

My point was, why was this in danger of failing because the agent insisted on this £20m? This would have been done days ago but for the agent.
    I don't know own Paul Pogba very well. But if he's as smart as many twenty-something professional sports people, he is sensible to take professional advice. That costs money. If he and both clubs are happy with their costs and obligations, what's the problem?

Put it another way. If you sell your house, through an estate agent at the asking price, you will have to pay the agent's fees. You could argue "but we could have sold it for the same price if we didn't have you acting as an agent". His answer will be... "but you didn't. You agreed to pay my fee when the house is sold."
  • Conversation we've had on here before. Agents fees by clubs should be banned. Any payments for agents should be made by the player who employs them like other industries.
  • If agents were so unnecessary, players wouldn't use them and clubs wouldn't pay them. Simple. Clearly that's not the case.
  • Pogba has a cracking agent... The blokes not even that good!

100m for Pogba is ridiculous. 75m for Higuaon was equally as silly.
  • Absolutely obscene.

All completely crazy.
  • Many players are thick and naive having being pampered from a young age.

Most don't even know how to open a bank account or pay their phone bill.

Agents jump on this and take advantage with a "don't worry about it, I'll sort it out" attitude and players don't know any better.
  • edited July 2016
    WSS said:

Many players are thick and naive having being pampered from a young age.

Most don't even know how to open a bank account or pay their phone bill.

Agents jump on this and take advantage with a "don't worry about it, I'll sort it out" attitude and players don't know any better.

Spot on. Remember reading about Patrice Evra - when at Man Utd, he apparently called the clubs liaison officer at 2am to ask if anybody could come around and change a light bulb.

It's beyond embarrassing.

The thickest footballer though must be Jason Mcateer. When he was at Liverpool, he was filling some forms in, one of the questions was "position in the club?" answer......."Right Back".
  • Cancel sky sports and this will all stop.