Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Ever Get The Feeling You've Been Cheated?

Think Mr Rotten/Lydon articulates my current Charlton Athletic mindset.

I fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. Slade, Novak, Holmes and Ajose. I believed they'd changed direction.

That belief led me to renew my season ticket. Not in the cheap seats, but the seat I've had for years and is double the price of those in front of it.

They've done me up like a kipper. What a mug.

They've not changed one iota and if anything things are worse.

Gutted.

Comments

• You thought otherwise,must have caught you with your pants down.
  • There's always Crofts.
  • In other news, grass is still green and the sky is still blue.
  • edited July 2016
    Rain is wet and snow is cold
  • Now you mention it...

Whenever I get home from work I keep hearing this bloke's voice in wardrobe (Always the same thing: Is it safe to come out)... Was very strange the other day when I went to get a shirt and it was handed to me out of the wardrobe rather than having to get it myself.

Meh must be some new fangled technology... My missus knows I like my tech and is considerate like that

If there is a bloke in your wardrobe handing your shirts to you I suggest you start looking into what your missus likes :wink:
  • LoOkOuT said:

seth plum said:

There's always Crofts.

Wth all due respect, a blinking dog show just doesn't compare ;-)
    all dogs blink
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2016

Now you mention it...

Whenever I get home from work I keep hearing this bloke's voice in wardrobe (Always the same thing: Is it safe to come out)... Was very strange the other day when I went to get a shirt and it was handed to me out of the wardrobe rather than having to get it myself.

Meh must be some new fangled technology... My missus knows I like my tech and is considerate like that

If there is a bloke in your wardrobe handing your shirts to you I suggest you start looking into what your missus likes :wink:
    I already know what my missus likes...

- She loves cooking my dinner every evening
    - She really enjoys making sure the place is nice and clean etc.
    - Oh and I get paid lovely compliments (Although she does like a swear word quite often)

Really dont know what more I can do
  • edited July 2016
    Nah if you say Gullible really slowly it still sounds like Gullible... I dont get it?
  • Scoham said:

They have changed. They've got worse.

They've underestimated League One so the squad is even smaller meaning even more academy players will play a part this season.

I don't think they'll never understand that young players are much more likely to improve and play well in a strong team.

We're not just going to play the stand out youngsters but any that have progressed to the u21s and happen to play in a position where we lack cover in the first team. They'll come in, make mistakes, fans will get frustrated. Some will boo/shout abuse (not that I agree with that), protests will be stepped up and then the fans will be blamed by RD, KM and their supporters.

I really do think we're overrating our academy if we believe we can play 3/4 who are new to first team football and expect to get results.

As things stand relegation is a real possibility. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Agree on all but the last paragraph.

I think we'll be top six rather than relegated.

Then again at this stage last season I didn't think we'd go down.
  • And don't forget the flat tyre.
  • Henry, really top six with current squad? I'll have some of what you are on please.
  • No way top six with our current squad. I think if we start badly it could get very messy.
  • edited July 2016

Scoham said:

They've underestimated League One so the squad is even smaller meaning even more academy players will play a part this season.

I don't think they'll never understand that young players are much more likely to improve and play well in a strong team.

We're not just going to play the stand out youngsters but any that have progressed to the u21s and happen to play in a position where we lack cover in the first team. They'll come in, make mistakes, fans will get frustrated. Some will boo/shout abuse (not that I agree with that), protests will be stepped up and then the fans will be blamed by RD, KM and their supporters.

I really do think we're overrating our academy if we believe we can play 3/4 who are new to first team football and expect to get results.

As things stand relegation is a real possibility. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Henners! You been on the wine gums again? Empathising with Pinnochio the other day now this, I've told you before, take more water with them :wink:
  • Henry, really top six with current squad? I'll have some of what you are on please.

Still think the squad will be added to and we do have some decent players for this level.

Not great but decent.

Even with the poor squads Parky had we were top six.

The crunch will be the injuries and squad size.
  • Scoham said:

Top 16 will be a struggle, in my opinion. I can't see us being anywhere near top 6 with this squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

I think we can potentially be solid but where are the goals coming from? If Novak and/or pick up injuries or struggle for form we'll need u21 strikers to step up (Lookman still very young and arguably a left sided player rather than a striker).

The midfield will rely on the wide players to create and score, none of them have done it before for a full season at this level.

Senior players may struggle as they'll have to try to play through minor injuries if our other options aren't good enough.

Without enough signings this could easily turn out to be a weaker squad at this level than the one we had under Parkinson and Powell in 12/13.
  • edited July 2016
    They don't know anything about football. I think that they thought that signing a couple of decent strikers was all it would take to get us back up. No concept that strikers need chances and without a decent midfield they won't score.

Slade will know but it's pretty obvious that recruitment hasn't gone exactly to his plan.

I still think we'll get those players in and will be competative.
  • Think Mr Rotten/Lydon articulates my current Charlton Athletic mindset.

I fell for it. Hook, line and sinker. Slade, Novak, Holmes and Ajose. I believed they'd changed direction.

That belief led me to renew my season ticket. Not in the cheap seats, but the seat I've had for years and is double the price of those in front of it.

They've done me up like a kipper. What a mug.

They've not changed one iota and if anything things are worse.

Gutted.

Can't you get a refund?
  • I was always going to renew as it's something I've been doing with my grandad for years and I have no idea how long I've got with him before he passes on.

However I still feel the SMT at Charlton are completely mugging us off. False pretences.
  • seth plum said:

There's always Crofts.

More of a Taylor's man myself - their 20 year old Tawny is quite delicious.
  • Scoham said:

I don't think they'll ever understand that young players are much more likely to improve and play well in a strong team.

As things stand relegation is a raving certainty. Of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

There, fixed it for you